It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:34

Text Size

Moving toward Mage 0.9

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Moving toward Mage 0.9

Postby BryanM » 25 Jul 2012, 02:32

Thanks for listening; I know players can get whinny (don't be afraid of adding a scroll bar to the deck editor~), but cold silence is really worse.

Honestly I never liked the thin line for opening the chat slide; the hit area is teeny tiny. And it has this huge garish grey edge to it, which isn't also part of the hit box for some reason. An icon to open/close it in the corner like say Guild Wars uses for it's chat box would be nicer imo.

--

In my ideal world, the chat box would be directly below the preview pane, and the game log would be a separate form. And it'd be anchorable on the left or right.

Due to handedness, orientation to the screen, random weirdo preference, etc. Just to quote a guy from one of the many New MTGO gripe threads: "There is a reason for example why the left side of the screen looks like it does, it puts all the important information you need in one place, not all over the place like V4." -

I know one of my first impressions of Mage was "why isn't chat in the lower left corner of the screen, like every online game since ever?"

--

In something like World of Warcraft, the combat log is displayed inline with chat, and you'd have a filter or a tab to enable or switch to it.
BryanM

Postby MoonKnight » 04 Aug 2012, 16:39

I was just curious, when will this new MAGE and all the new cards be coming out?
MoonKnight

Postby North » 07 Aug 2012, 07:32

If all goes well, it will be this week-end.
North
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to XMage