It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:46

Text Size

Need some dev assistance

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Need some dev assistance

Postby jeffwadsworth » 02 Sep 2012, 16:08

2 weeks ago I reinstalled Win 7 32 bit and have been trying to get my Mage development back online. Netbeans 7.2. Well, it isn't quite working out. The project builds fine with no errors, etc. I start the server, client. Still fine. I choose deck editor and the error in the attached screenshot occurs.
Attachments
mage_problem.jpg
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Re: Need some dev assistance

Postby North » 02 Sep 2012, 19:58

Right click on the Server project and disable the compile on save feature. Also, do this for the Client project. Please send me an email if this doesn't work for you.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby jeffwadsworth » 03 Sep 2012, 21:48

North wrote:Right click on the Server project and disable the compile on save feature. Also, do this for the Client project. Please send me an email if this doesn't work for you.
Wow. That is weird. It works now. I never had to do that before on the project on any of the 4 systems I work on. Thanks.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby noxx » 04 Sep 2012, 07:32

IDEA rocks! :)
nice chance to troll NetBeans :)
noxx
DEVELOPER

Postby North » 04 Sep 2012, 09:21

I didn't try IDEA and I don't want to because I might get used to it and chances are I won't be able to use it at work because it's not free.

The compile on save feature works great in most cases. IDEA is playing catch-up in this field, if I remember correctly. But don't get me wrong. I tend to think IDEA is indeed better than NetBeans in some areas but the difference isn't significant for me at this point. In fact, there is a high chance that for web development it isn't better suited then NetBeans and I am active in that area.

But if I have to troll something then it's definitely Eclipse. I won't try to convince the Eclipse users to switch to a good IDE. They don't listen anyhow.

Well... I might have started a flame here...
North
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage