It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 23:24

Text Size

Anyone out there?

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Anyone out there?

Postby ChosenDarek » 19 Oct 2012, 05:15

I stumbled onto MAGE after deciding to see what options existed out there for multiplayer draft MTG (and hopefully with rules enforcement thrown in -- before MAGE, I was leaning on OCTGN). I was extremely happy to find MAGE as it is actually really close to what I was looking for (and not even expecting to find). And as a fellow Java developer, the rules enforcement seems pretty good (and the program structure seems decently reasonable to follow). I'm pretty impressed overall (though I wish the UI were a little easier to work with).

So now, the saddest part seems to be that I haven't found anyone who is also around to play (and I'm guessing that's related to the DMCA takedown on Google Code and how it's hard to find at all now). Does anyone play (draft, particularly) on the public server, or any other server these days? I just checked the IRC and it was as empty as the server. Sad day.
ChosenDarek

Re: Anyone out there?

Postby North » 20 Oct 2012, 09:34

It is nice to see a fellow Java Developer is interested in MAGE. In case you didn't find the repository, our current location is here: https://github.com/magefree/mage

I can say the same thing about the UI code. I have more than one refactoring tasks in mind and I tackle them one by one. I didn't touch much on the UI because Swing is not my expertise but I'm working on making the core easier to work with and extend.

I was reticent on spreading the word on MAGE, mostly because of the DMCA takedown on code.google.com (which isn't justified but the process of combating that is too painful to go through). I guess that everybody can help in spreading the word and getting more people on the server. I didn't play MAGE that much but I love working on it. If there's anything I can help with please let me know.

PS: RTR is almost 100% implemented. Expect a release soon.
North
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage