It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:20

Text Size

Bug Reports 0.10

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 0.10

Postby North » 15 Nov 2012, 20:37

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 0.10, you can post them here.
    Please mention who you were playing against: human or the AI type.
    Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
    If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting the bugs.
North
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 0.10

Postby Triadasoul » 17 Nov 2012, 16:23

3/3 Centaur Token made by Call of the Conclave and affected by two Intangible Virtue populated by Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage is populated as if it was 5/5.
Triadasoul

Postby LevelX » 17 Nov 2012, 20:02

Triadasoul wrote:3/3 Centaur Token made by Call of the Conclave and affected by two Intangible Virtue populated by Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage is populated as if it was 5/5.
Bug is fixed in the next version.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby BryanM » 18 Nov 2012, 06:47

The instance of Exalted granted by Sublime Archangel persists after she dies.
BryanM

Postby jeffwadsworth » 19 Nov 2012, 05:41

BryanM wrote:The instance of Exalted granted by Sublime Archangel persists after she dies.
I tested this multiple times. Works perfectly fine for me. Using latest dev version, though.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Plopman » 19 Nov 2012, 10:33

I instance persists if the other creature already have Exalted. In the AbilitiesImpl class, in "contains" function the ID of abilities are compaire and the rule.

I fix this bug, and the bug with copy ability. (Issues 72). But this commit will maybe create other bugs. Can someone check this commit?
Attachments
fixCopy.zip
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
Plopman

Postby Gigglestomp » 30 Nov 2012, 19:18

the ai buffed MY arbor elf with it's Increasing Savagery.
Gigglestomp

Postby MoonKnight » 01 Dec 2012, 22:47

I really appreciate how you've added so many cards and I love MAGE. But ever since I upgraded to .10 it freezes literally all the time. I can't open up deck editor without everything freezing or card viewer. I've never had any problems with MAGE before this and my computer is extremely new and has pretty decent specs. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before because it is making it extremely difficult to do anything since to close it out every time I need the Windows Task Manager :(

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

MoonKnight
MoonKnight

Postby North » 02 Dec 2012, 08:03

I've done two changes since the last version that affect the card viewer and the deck editor. One of them is to use zip archives to store the card scans. While I have checked on my local machine and everything seems fine, there might be an error here. A problem might be that the image directory became corrupt and a "fresh install" could fix it. Also check what setting you have enabled in the options menu (for images).

The second change is on using a local database for the implemented cards. This shouldn't be the cause for any issues.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 02 Dec 2012, 10:00

MoonKnight wrote:I really appreciate how you've added so many cards and I love MAGE. But ever since I upgraded to .10 it freezes literally all the time. I can't open up deck editor without everything freezing or card viewer. I've never had any problems with MAGE before this and my computer is extremely new and has pretty decent specs. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before because it is making it extremely difficult to do anything since to close it out every time I need the Windows Task Manager :(

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

MoonKnight
Maybe it helps to use another JRE version.
Which version do you use currently?

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre6u37-downloads-1859589.html
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MoonKnight » 02 Dec 2012, 16:11

I've tried to fresh install it a few times but so far that hasn't fixed it. I don't think the images are the problems though. From all of the updates you mentioned it should only make MAGE run more smoothly and quicker so it shouldn't have this sort of affect on my computer. I can see the images fine, its only when I try to start browsing through them the program freezes. Recently I tried playing a game over the server with a friend and that also freezes both of our games and or just doesn't open the battle window. We've both tried a fresh install but so far the problems still persist.
And to answer your question LevelX I have tried to use other JRE versions but they haven't yielded many results. I appreciate both of your responses and I know this must be a difficult question to answer but I would love to get this fixed so I can continue enjoying this program.

MoonKnight
MoonKnight

Postby LevelX » 03 Dec 2012, 10:11

Because none of the developers and nobody else yet has reported this problem it's probably caused by a characteristic of your system. We can only guess what's the reason. To help us at it you should give us some more information:
- Do you get hs_err_pid*.log files (created when the JVM crashes)? They should be located in your mage client directory if they exist.
- Your OS and version.
- Your JRE version.
- The \mage-client\mageclient.log file. Delete it before you start the mage client so only the messages from one execution are included. Start the client and use it until you got the error. Then copy the mageclient.log and attach it to your answer here.
- How often happens the freeze?
- How long can you use Mage until it freezes?

MoonKnight wrote:I've tried to fresh install it a few times but so far that hasn't fixed it. I don't think the images are the problems though. From all of the updates you mentioned it should only make MAGE run more smoothly and quicker so it shouldn't have this sort of affect on my computer. I can see the images fine, its only when I try to start browsing through them the program freezes. Recently I tried playing a game over the server with a friend and that also freezes both of our games and or just doesn't open the battle window. We've both tried a fresh install but so far the problems still persist.
And to answer your question LevelX I have tried to use other JRE versions but they haven't yielded many results. I appreciate both of your responses and I know this must be a difficult question to answer but I would love to get this fixed so I can continue enjoying this program.

MoonKnight
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 03 Dec 2012, 10:13

BryanM wrote:The instance of Exalted granted by Sublime Archangel persists after she dies.
This error does exist, but it's deep in the code and not yet fixed. We are aware of it, but it's not easy to fix.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 03 Dec 2012, 10:16

Gigglestomp wrote:the ai buffed MY arbor elf with it's Increasing Savagery.
Yes, the AI does many crazy things. As far as I know there will be no remedy in the near future.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby MoonKnight » 03 Dec 2012, 23:31

LevelX wrote:Because none of the developers and nobody else yet has reported this problem it's probably caused by a characteristic of your system. We can only guess what's the reason. To help us at it you should give us some more information:
- Do you get hs_err_pid*.log files (created when the JVM crashes)? They should be located in your mage client directory if they exist.
- Your OS and version.
- Your JRE version.
- The \mage-client\mageclient.log file. Delete it before you start the mage client so only the messages from one execution are included. Start the client and use it until you got the error. Then copy the mageclient.log and attach it to your answer here.
- How often happens the freeze?
- How long can you use Mage until it freezes?
Do you get hs_err_pid*.log files when JVM crashes?
-No I don't get those files and I don't think the crash is of that sort where the java manager would literally give me a dialog box with an error message. It is more of a silent 'I'm going to freeze whenever you touch anything and never do anything' kind of error.

Your OS and Version
-I am using Widows 7 version 6.1

Your JRE Version
-I have Java 1.7.0_09

MageClient.log File
-I have attached it (I couldn't close it out normally since it froze so I had to use the task manager like usual)

Again thank you for all the help.
Attachments
mageclient.log
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
MoonKnight

Next

Return to XMage