It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:43

Text Size

A question for developers

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

A question for developers

Postby Agetian » 25 Nov 2012, 07:16

Dear MAGE team,

I'm currenly working on improving the targeting overlay for another Magic project called Forge, and I liked the implementation of your arrow overlay for blocking creatures. I'm working on implementing a similar thing in Forge and I would like to ask if it would be OK to base the arrow drawing part partly on your code - I'm not talking about just copying the entire thing, just adapting parts of it so that a version of the arrow drawing overlay can be created inspired by your code. Of course, due credit will be given to the MAGE team in the source code in the part that will be based on your arrow drawing code. Thank you in advance for considering it.

Best regards,
Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Re: A question for developers

Postby North » 25 Nov 2012, 08:31

MAGE is open source and as far as I'm concerned, you can use any part of the source code. In fact, I would be glad if you would reuse as much as possible.
North
DEVELOPER

Postby Agetian » 25 Nov 2012, 09:39

Thank you very much for your response, North, I appreciate it!
I'll see if I can contribute to the MAGE code base in the future as well, especially seeing that it's also coded in Java! Good luck! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby MoonKnight » 12 Jan 2013, 04:17

Just a quick question. I didn't want to start a new thread just for one question so I decided putting it in here would be fitting. Since you compressed the images in zip files I haven't been able to replace the small and large display pictures of the cards by changing their jpegs located in the folders. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to go about changing the card pictures, or should I extract the card images from the zip files? Usually I would just go into the folders, find it and save over it. maybe I'm over thinking all of this but is there an easier way to go about this with his new setup?

Thank you,

MoonKnight
MoonKnight

Postby LevelX » 12 Jan 2013, 07:20

MoonKnight wrote:Just a quick question. I didn't want to start a new thread just for one question so I decided putting it in here would be fitting. Since you compressed the images in zip files I haven't been able to replace the small and large display pictures of the cards by changing their jpegs located in the folders. I was just wondering if there was an easier way to go about changing the card pictures, or should I extract the card images from the zip files? Usually I would just go into the folders, find it and save over it. maybe I'm over thinking all of this but is there an easier way to go about this with his new setup?

Thank you,

MoonKnight
There are at least three ways to go (I use #2 for adding pictures):
#1) Deactivate the zip comression in the preferences and work like before.
#2) Unzip the folder you want add or change a file to, add and/or change the files, recompress the folder.
#3) Add/Change a saved file with a zip tool (e.g. 7-zip) directly to the existing zip.file
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Return to XMage