It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:40

Text Size

Bug Reports 0.10.1

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports 0.10.1

Postby Kegger » 18 Jan 2013, 15:42

"
1) You talk about playing a match over the public server?
2) Are you now able to play again a match without this problem?
3) After closing and restarting and reconnecting, did you create a new game and had this issue or were you reconnected to the old match?
4) Happens this always with the same opponent?
5) Does this happen with a deck that worked before?
"

1. Yes the server is: Dragon's Cliff:109.200.159.89:17171
(when I search that is the only one that comes up)
2. No.
3. I created a new game and had the same issue.
4. I've played all my games against the computer.
5. Yes same deck that has worked for 25 plus games.

Any more info needed/wanted just ask and I'll do what I can,
Thanks..
Kegger

Postby Kegger » 18 Jan 2013, 15:54

More info:

When I first tried Mage I couldn't get Localhost to run with whatever I tried.

Was probably me not realizing what I could or could not do correctly for the game.

But I just changed sever to Lcalhost and now it is playing again against the computer.
Kegger

Postby LevelX » 18 Jan 2013, 22:26

Kegger wrote:More info:

Was probably me not realizing what I could or could not do correctly for the game.

But I just changed sever to Lcalhost and now it is playing again against the computer.
On the public server it's not possible to play against the AI. It's deactivated on the public server because it needs to much resources. So your games against the AI must have been always while you were connected with localhost.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Kegger » 18 Jan 2013, 23:59

LevelX wrote:
Kegger wrote:More info:

On the public server it's not possible to play against the AI. It's deactivated on the public server because it needs to much resources. So your games against the AI must have been always while you were connected with localhost.
I very politely say you may have a new bug then, or had for a while. :)

My first 25 games or so was on a public server an going against the computers AI.

I had issues playing against the computer and AI on the localhost and could not run,
I tried a lot of things and they didn't work, so I did the search and find the public Dragon's
server then tried different ways of decks and whatnot and got running an played that way
for some 3-4 days without issue till last night when I finished game left the server connected
edited the deck than tried to play again it wouldn't work, so I loaded the old deck and it still didn't.

Then all the rest of the stuff I'd posted.

So somehow I got through on a public server but played just me and the computer in duels for a few days.

Anyway maybe there is no issue since I was not suppose to be able to, and I no longer can as of now here. :)

The localhost seems to work fine as it should, just took me a bit to "realize" what I could or couldn't run on it.

For clarification I wasn't trying to do something I wasn't suppose to nor am I complaining, just listing what I saw.

Anyway maybe there is something to come of this on the plus side..
Kegger

Postby LevelX » 20 Jan 2013, 09:12

Kegger wrote:I very politely say you may have a new bug then, or had for a while. :)

My first 25 games or so was on a public server an going against the computers AI.

I had issues playing against the computer and AI on the localhost and could not run,
I tried a lot of things and they didn't work, so I did the search and find the public Dragon's
server then tried different ways of decks and whatnot and got running an played that way
for some 3-4 days without issue till last night when I finished game left the server connected
edited the deck than tried to play again it wouldn't work, so I loaded the old deck and it still didn't.

Then all the rest of the stuff I'd posted.

So somehow I got through on a public server but played just me and the computer in duels for a few days.

Anyway maybe there is no issue since I was not suppose to be able to, and I no longer can as of now here. :)

The localhost seems to work fine as it should, just took me a bit to "realize" what I could or couldn't run on it.

For clarification I wasn't trying to do something I wasn't suppose to nor am I complaining, just listing what I saw.

Anyway maybe there is something to come of this on the plus side..
I don't maintain the public server an use it rarely. So maybe the server was open to AI games. But normally it's not because of the high CPU usage of the AI. It's up to the maintainer of the server to set it up with or without AI play.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Kegger » 20 Jan 2013, 10:41

Ahh, thanks for the update.

Good to know...
Kegger

Postby Gnosis » 30 Jan 2013, 12:22

Been having fun playing around with this. I have run into several issues:

Serra Avenger does not appear to be able to block the first turn it comes into play. Click 'Select blockers' click any attacker and it reverts to 'Select Blockers'. After 3 or 4 attempts you can only choose 'Done' without any blocker chosen.

Somberwald Sage Can crash the game. I click to cast a creature. I begin to pay the mana cost with Somberwald Sage's ability for the last three mana. It asks for the mana colour three times (which doesn't make sense in itself since it can only be one colour). After that it doesn't add the mana and if you click cancel on the spell you were attempting the game doesn't function. You can click 'Concede' and 'End Turn' but nothing happens.

Curse of the Bloody Tome says at the beginning of the upkeep but actually puts two cards in graveyard after the player has drawn. It always shows draw phase when the ability appears.
Gnosis

Postby LevelX » 30 Jan 2013, 22:12

Gnosis wrote:Been having fun playing around with this. I have run into several issues:

Serra Avenger does not appear to be able to block the first turn it comes into play. Click 'Select blockers' click any attacker and it reverts to 'Select Blockers'. After 3 or 4 attempts you can only choose 'Done' without any blocker chosen.
Serra Avenger cast restriction was redesigned for the upcoming release. I can't reproduce the problem with the current implementation and I also see no possible reason that the problem could happen. Was there really no other card involved in the problem?

Gnosis wrote:Somberwald Sage Can crash the game. I click to cast a creature. I begin to pay the mana cost with Somberwald Sage's ability for the last three mana. It asks for the mana colour three times (which doesn't make sense in itself since it can only be one colour). After that it doesn't add the mana and if you click cancel on the spell you were attempting the game doesn't function. You can click 'Concede' and 'End Turn' but nothing happens.
Problem is reproducable, I'll check this but it seems a bit more complex to fix.

Gnosis wrote:Curse of the Bloody Tome says at the beginning of the upkeep but actually puts two cards in graveyard after the player has drawn. It always shows draw phase when the ability appears.
The problem is fixed now and the fix will be included in the next release.

Thanks for pointing out the problems.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Gnosis » 31 Jan 2013, 12:19

Serra Avenger cast restriction was redesigned for the upcoming release. I can't reproduce the problem with the current implementation and I also see no possible reason that the problem could happen. Was there really no other card involved in the problem?
Looking back at the screen cap I took it was the Azorius Arrester that had just come into play, which brings up a point with that card - there is no indication when you choose a target that it has been 'arrested'.
Gnosis

Postby LevelX » 31 Jan 2013, 12:48

Gnosis wrote:
Looking back at the screen cap I took it was the Azorius Arrester that had just come into play, which brings up a point with that card - there is no indication when you choose a target that it has been 'arrested'.
Yes, if a creature is arrested, it's currently only written in the log.
I added an enhancement request, to improve arrest indication.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby LevelX » 04 Feb 2013, 23:38

LevelX wrote:
Gnosis wrote:Somberwald Sage Can crash the game. I click to cast a creature. I begin to pay the mana cost with Somberwald Sage's ability for the last three mana. It asks for the mana colour three times (which doesn't make sense in itself since it can only be one colour). After that it doesn't add the mana and if you click cancel on the spell you were attempting the game doesn't function. You can click 'Concede' and 'End Turn' but nothing happens.
Problem is reproducable, I'll check this but it seems a bit more complex to fix.
Somberwald Sage will be fixed in the upcoming release.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Gnosis » 11 Feb 2013, 17:03

All Is Dust (tribal sorcery - eldrazi) appears to only make you sacrifice all your own coloured permanents, not the opposing players. I cast it during my precombat main and my two green cards (creature and enchantment) were discarded, but the opponents six white creatures were still in play.
Gnosis

Postby LevelX » 11 Feb 2013, 18:20

Gnosis wrote:All Is Dust (tribal sorcery - eldrazi) appears to only make you sacrifice all your own coloured permanents, not the opposing players. I cast it during my precombat main and my two green cards (creature and enchantment) were discarded, but the opponents six white creatures were still in play.
Thanks for posting the problem.

The bug is fixed now in the project repository. But I'm not sure, if the change will still go to the next release, because the new mage version will be released probably very soon.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Kegger » 12 Feb 2013, 22:07

A couple things here to report..

When computer is using Warren instigator and deals damage it will put ANY
card into play from it's hand, even sorcery spells will be played as if it's a goblin
and just plays it on the board like a creature.
(I haven't tried to use it myself but imagine I could to)

----

I played 2 Different Garruk plainswalkers and the game sacrificed them like they
were 2 identical legends..

--------

Probably not called bug but, when I use a Desecration Demon playing against
the computer it will sac a creature at Every combat phase, basically sacking twice
as many as what would be done in a game, rendering that Desecration Demon
basically unplayable against the computer, as it will just wipe there board clean.

Thanks.. (I was thinking I had a couple more but now don't remember)
In the future I'll write down anything as Soon as I see it happen here.

Cheers..
Kegger

Postby LevelX » 13 Feb 2013, 00:37

Kegger wrote:A couple things here to report..

When computer is using Warren instigator and deals damage it will put ANY
card into play from it's hand, even sorcery spells will be played as if it's a goblin
and just plays it on the board like a creature.
(I haven't tried to use it myself but imagine I could to)
This was caused by targets that were not correctly handled by the AI. Fixed this bug shortly before seeing your message. For human players the card should aready work correctly.

----
Kegger wrote:I played 2 Different Garruk plainswalkers and the game sacrificed them like they
were 2 identical legends..
I think the game is correct according the rules:
205.3j Planeswalkers have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called planeswalker types. The planeswalker types are Ajani, Bolas, Chandra, Elspeth, Garruk, Gideon, Jace, Karn, Koth, Liliana, Nissa, Sarkhan, Sorin, Tamiyo, Tezzeret, Tibalt, Venser, and Vraska. If two or more planeswalkers that share a planeswalker type are on the battlefield, all are put into their owners' graveyards. This "planeswalker uniqueness rule" is a state-based action. See rule 704. #

Kegger wrote: Probably not called bug but, when I use a Desecration Demon playing against
the computer it will sac a creature at Every combat phase, basically sacking twice
as many as what would be done in a game, rendering that Desecration Demon
basically unplayable against the computer, as it will just wipe there board clean.

Thanks.. (I was thinking I had a couple more but now don't remember)
In the future I'll write down anything as Soon as I see it happen here.

Cheers..
Yes, I know this behaviour of the AI. Don't know if it's easy to improve. I will add it to the AI enhancement issues.

Thanks for reporting your problems.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to XMage