It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 14:51

Text Size

Cards descriptions database

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Cards descriptions database

Postby Paralon » 20 Jan 2013, 06:34

Hello there, everybody.
I've got a question about cards descriptions. As far as I understand they are stored in a 'cards.db' file. Right now I'm trying to make an automated localization tool and having the descriptions in the required language I have to somehow put them into the client's db. So is there any documentation of the file format to ease my task? :)
Paralon

Re: Cards descriptions database

Postby LevelX » 20 Jan 2013, 07:41

Paralon wrote:Hello there, everybody.
I've got a question about cards descriptions. As far as I understand they are stored in a 'cards.db' file. Right now I'm trying to make an automated localization tool and having the descriptions in the required language I have to somehow put them into the client's db. So is there any documentation of the file format to ease my task? :)
It's a sqlite DB that you can easily maintain with e.g. SQLite Manger Add-On for firefox.

But the descriptions there won't be used in the game. So don't waste your time.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby North » 20 Jan 2013, 09:30

Don't bother doing it. That db is also updated with each new release. This update might result in creating the database from scratch in some cases.

Also, that database is only used for searching cards only (when loading and in the deck editor).
North
DEVELOPER

Postby Paralon » 25 Jan 2013, 17:58

Thanks for the advices. Still I'm wondering where are text descriptions stored.
Also, I'm having problems displaying images from my localized archives (user see gray rectangles instead of images). Probably zip-archive parameters are wrong. Other than that - all's fine :)
Paralon

Postby LevelX » 26 Jan 2013, 13:53

Paralon wrote:Thanks for the advices. Still I'm wondering where are text descriptions stored.
The texts are defined/stored in the different classes like common effects, common abilities or individual card classes. Not very handy for translation, we know. :-)

Paralon wrote:Also, I'm having problems displaying images from my localized archives (user see gray rectangles instead of images). Probably zip-archive parameters are wrong. Other than that - all's fine :)
But when you download the images with MAGE, the images are shown correct?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Paralon » 26 Jan 2013, 16:12

LevelX wrote:But when you download the images with MAGE, the images are shown correct?
Of course. So it's 100% my mad coding skillz that fail :)
Paralon

Return to XMage