It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 02:01

Text Size

Bug Reports 1.0.0

by BetaSteward

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Bug Reports 1.0.0

Postby North » 27 Feb 2013, 18:54

If you have encountered any problems while using MAGE 1.0.0, you can post them here.
Please mention who you were playing against: human or the AI type.
Please describe how you got to that point. A screenshot of the battlefield at the moment something went wrong will be useful too. Otherwise, naming the cards that interacted will suffice.
If you get an error log please add that too.

Thank you for your help in detecting the bugs.
North
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug Reports 1.0.0

Postby Jukebox » 02 Mar 2013, 00:29

Hi
I just started trying to use MAGE today and from what I've been able to see, it looks awesome, great job.
But I've been having some issues getting a game going. I'm running Windows 8, and I've been getting a series of errors, which I couldn't find elsewhere in the forum. I can't give a specific name the my first error, but on starting up "startClientWin7.bat" no buttons respond, and if I keep clicking things, I eventually get a "java.lang.outofmemoryerror: permgen space" error, at which point the client is rendered unusable. I've been able to start games about 10 times or so, but inevitably, usually before I get to play much of anything, I get another "java.lang.outofmemoryerror: permgen space". Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
Jukebox

Postby LevelX » 02 Mar 2013, 08:07

Jukebox wrote:Hi
I just started trying to use MAGE today and from what I've been able to see, it looks awesome, great job.
But I've been having some issues getting a game going. I'm running Windows 8, and I've been getting a series of errors, which I couldn't find elsewhere in the forum. I can't give a specific name the my first error, but on starting up "startClientWin7.bat" no buttons respond, and if I keep clicking things, I eventually get a "java.lang.outofmemoryerror: permgen space" error, at which point the client is rendered unusable. I've been able to start games about 10 times or so, but inevitably, usually before I get to play much of anything, I get another "java.lang.outofmemoryerror: permgen space". Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
You can try to change the -XX:MaxPermSize=256M setting in the startClientWin7.bat to a higher value, maybe -XX:MaxPermSize=512M.

Do you use the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows8?
Which Java Version do you use?
What's the size of your memory?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Jukebox » 02 Mar 2013, 14:58

LevelX wrote:
You can try to change the -XX:MaxPermSize=256M setting in the startClientWin7.bat to a higher value, maybe -XX:MaxPermSize=512M.

Do you use the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows8?
Which Java Version do you use?
What's the size of your memory?
Thank you, I changed the MaxPerm size, and the starting size, and it seems to run a lot more smoothly now, I'm running a 64 bit version of windows 8, and I have 6 GB of RAM.
Jukebox

Postby jeffwadsworth » 02 Mar 2013, 17:27

Hmm. I thought that MAXPERMSIZE was added to the release. I guess not.
jeffwadsworth
Super Tester Elite

Postby Copy » 02 Mar 2013, 18:53

Hi, it's me again. I've just tested the newly released version last night, and there might be some problems.

1. A bug
The Ember Beast's ability does not work out correctly. I can make it attack or block alone for the first time, though no damage will be dealt. And after that, I cannot choose it to attack or block even with other creatures.

2. Some rule-related problems:
(a) The 'extort' ability doesn't seem to be working in the correct way. Now in MAGE, the extort ability will not go onto the stack if you choose not to pay the cost. However, according to the description of the ability, the 'extort' will trigger whenever a spell is cast and go onto the stack afterwards, and the choice of whether to pay W/B should be made when the ability resolves.
(b) The Alms Beast's ability is a static ability rather than a triggered ability. Therefore it should not go onto the stack.
(c) Some abilities, such as that of Balustrade Spy, are mandatory, hence a 'Cancel' option should not be available when choosing the target.

3. Minor issue in UI
I just wonder if there is a way to quit a tournament in progress. I have tried many ways but have not succeeded yet. Also, a draft tournament will be displayed in the game list even after it has finished, and the status is stalled at 'Constructing'.

I apologize if I seem picky to you. I just want to help perfect this software~
Copy

Postby LevelX » 04 Mar 2013, 10:01

Copy wrote:Hi, it's me again. I've just tested the newly released version last night, and there might be some problems.

1. A bug
The Ember Beast's ability does not work out correctly. I can make it attack or block alone for the first time, though no damage will be dealt. And after that, I cannot choose it to attack or block even with other creatures.

(a) The 'extort' ability doesn't seem to be working in the correct way. Now in MAGE, the extort ability will not go onto the stack if you choose not to pay the cost. However, according to the description of the ability, the 'extort' will trigger whenever a spell is cast and go onto the stack afterwards, and the choice of whether to pay W/B should be made when the ability resolves.
(b) The Alms Beast's ability is a static ability rather than a triggered ability. Therefore it should not go onto the stack.
(c) Some abilities, such as that of Balustrade Spy, are mandatory, hence a 'Cancel' option should not be available when choosing the target.

3. Minor issue in UI
I just wonder if there is a way to quit a tournament in progress. I have tried many ways but have not succeeded yet. Also, a draft tournament will be displayed in the game list even after it has finished, and the status is stalled at 'Constructing'.

Thank you for pointing out this problems. It's really very appreciated to get feedback if the implemention of MAGE is not according the rules or you encounter a bug.

1. A) That Ember Beast isn't handled elegant is known (Issue #119, also a bug similar the one you did describe was already fixed Issue #115. We'll check Ember Beast again.

2. a) Is changed now to work according the rules.
b) We will check this too.
c) Balustrade Spy is fixed. If you know other cards with this problem please tell us.

3.) Yes, a known problem. Definite an area were MAGE can/must be improved. But I don't know when and who will do this.

PS: You can create issues yourself by using MAGE's issues site.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby Copy » 05 Mar 2013, 07:28

LevelX wrote:
Copy wrote:Hi, it's me again. I've just tested the newly released version last night, and there might be some problems.

1. A bug

3. Minor issue in UI

Thank you for pointing out this problems. It's really very appreciated to get feedback if the implemention of MAGE is not according the rules or you encounter a bug.

1. A) That Ember Beast isn't handled elegant is known (Issue #119, also a bug similar the one you did describe was already fixed Issue #115. We'll check Ember Beast again.

2. a) Is changed now to work according the rules.
b) We will check this too.
c) Balustrade Spy is fixed. If you know other cards with this problem please tell us.

3.) Yes, a known problem. Definite an area were MAGE can/must be improved. But I don't know when and who will do this.

PS: You can create issues yourself by using MAGE's issues site.
That's cool. I will try to use it~
Pity that I am not strong in programming and cannot help you guys much.
Copy

Postby seedds » 06 Mar 2013, 17:36

Indeed.
I wish I could contribute to the program too.
However, my program skill is low, and the only thing I could help is to report bugs.

Copy wrote:That's cool. I will try to use it~
Pity that I am not strong in programming and cannot help you guys much.
seedds

Postby muppet » 13 Mar 2013, 18:02

I removed all my old mage directories and downloaded the new version.
I have windows 7 64 bit. It won't open the client it stalls at the loading window. I have java 7 if thats the problem please tell me. The old versions used to work fine not sure what the last i had was 10.0 i think. But i never used any version since i updated java.
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 14 Mar 2013, 07:24

muppet wrote:I removed all my old mage directories and downloaded the new version.
I have windows 7 64 bit. It won't open the client it stalls at the loading window. I have java 7 if thats the problem please tell me. The old versions used to work fine not sure what the last i had was 10.0 i think. But i never used any version since i updated java.
Check the mageclient.log in the mage client directory. Is there any error shown in the log?
I assume it's a PermSize memory problem.

If true, set the -XX:MaxPermSize=256M parameter in the startClientWin7.bat to a higher value.
e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=512M
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby muppet » 14 Mar 2013, 14:36

ok changed that. But no difference.

Getting lots of mana symbol errors in the log. I have not downloaded any pictures or mana symbols as I believe there might be copyright issues.

errors like this in the log
ERROR [2013-03-14 14:35 [32:488]] ManaSymbols[AWT-EventQueue-0]: Error for symbol:0
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 14 Mar 2013, 16:04

muppet wrote:ok changed that. But no difference.

Getting lots of mana symbol errors in the log. I have not downloaded any pictures or mana symbols as I believe there might be copyright issues.

errors like this in the log
ERROR [2013-03-14 14:35 [32:488]] ManaSymbols[AWT-EventQueue-0]: Error for symbol:0
delete the log file.
start the client (it will than hang as I understand you)
post the complete log the client wrote here as attachment.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Postby muppet » 14 Mar 2013, 18:04

Ok sorry it was a java 7 thing I had to edit the bat files to point to java 7 not 6.
muppet
Tester

Postby LevelX » 14 Mar 2013, 23:08

muppet wrote:Ok sorry it was a java 7 thing I had to edit the bat files to point to java 7 not 6.
So the MAGE client now works on your PC?
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Next

Return to XMage