It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:14

Text Size

Forge Source and a new CCG-Game

Non-Application Specific Programming Stuff

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Forge Source and a new CCG-Game

Postby Moonkis » 21 Dec 2011, 10:08

I'v been told that to achieve or "lay hands on" the Forge source one must ask here on the forums for it? Correct?

I'm currently in the "gathering information" for my own CCG/TCG game. Whilst it's not as advanced as MtG it certainly is more complex than a normal game in the sense that "all" cards have their own effect and their own way to alter the rules. You know the classical "Follow the core rules, if the cards don't say otherwise".

Seeing as Forge is open source and I could gather some inspiration and/or design decisions from the project. Of course none profitable! ( Wouldn't make money from their code! So no copy pasta! ).

Maybe you have some pointers and tips on how to design such a (complex) system where all cards can alter the core rules in some way?

Kind regards Moonkis

PS. IF this is not the right section please move it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Moonkis

Re: Forge Source and a new CCG-Game

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Dec 2011, 20:12

Welcome!

I moved this to the General Programming forum, but consider posting in the Forge forum too: viewforum.php?f=26
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Forge Source and a new CCG-Game

Postby Chris H. » 23 Dec 2011, 00:12

Forge has an interesting and extensive scripting system which allows for a large number of cards to be implemented. Such a system might prove useful for your project.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Return to General Programming