It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:02

Text Size

Am I missing something?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Am I missing something?

Postby Fuklebark » 27 Apr 2017, 11:36

Hey guys, I just discovered this project last night and was thrilled to see the game I wasted so many hours of my youth playing revamped so I could waste more hours of my adult life. I went and downloaded the more-or-less complete pack by Spork (thanks for that, by the way if you're reading), and went in for a game.

I spent the next 45 minutes or so getting absolutely slaughtered, every single match. I couldn't even get my footing for the rudimentary beginnings of a deck before I'm losing all my good cards to ante from getting jumped. Even on Apprentice this morning, I lost 9/9 matches to opponents with vastly superior decks pulling seemingly perfect combos.

So again, am I missing something or is it supposed to be like this? Cause I'm getting some Dark Souls flashbacks.
Fuklebark

Re: Am I missing something?

Postby Aswan jaguar » 27 Apr 2017, 15:55

I don't know which AI deckpack was selected by spork although from his sayings it seems he used a variety of all those decks submitted and from your sayings is quite murderous.You can select another deckpack for AI to use there are a about 6-7 full AI deckpacks in the Shandalar enemy decks overhaul and instructions: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5478&start=90 , 2-3 of them using only original shandalar cards and others using also newer cards available.Ones using original cards are mostly less murderous.Rodil's deckpack is also very hard.
There is also this deckpack with new cards by Rawky but it is quite hard to beat: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=19634
and this deckpack with new cards which was not so hard early on.(I didn't check his latest deckpack though) viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17721.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Fuklebark » 29 Apr 2017, 02:05

Alright, thanks. I wouldn't mind fighting these decks once I had my own, but not right off the bat. Are deckpacks something that can be switched out on the same save? i.e. If I go for an easier deckpack until it's no longer challenging, then switch to something harder?
Fuklebark

Postby Aswan jaguar » 29 Apr 2017, 06:25

Aswan jaguar wrote:Are deck packs something that can be switched out on the same save? i.e. If I go for an easier deck pack until it's no longer challenging, then switch to something harder?
I don't know for sure but I believe there wouldn't be a problem if you substitute whole deck pack or some of the decks with others as long as you substitute every deck you remove of course and that your version of the game has the cards from those decks.Your version doesn't have cards from Rawky's deck pack so don't use those deck packs otherwise you will have probably crashes when you play against such decks and same goes from the last link I provided unless you get a deck pack with date earlier to August 2016.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Shandalar