It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:14

Text Size

Shandalar 2012 Revisited

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shandalar 2012 Revisited

Postby CirothUngol » 08 Mar 2024, 00:39

Hey guys, long time no see!

I recently logged into my CirothUngol@gmail account to find over three thousand requests for access to my GoogleDrive. After a little investigating it turns out that Shandalar has received some recent love in the form of popular YouTube videos showing off both the original version as well as Korath's mod. I figure all of the traffic is coming from my signature on SlightlyMagic so I've decided to place some alternate links to the good stuff. There are many more resources online now than there were when I archived everything to GoogleDrive and MediaFire. Shandalar 2012 Revisited was uploaded to Archive.org by some gracious soul in July of 2023 and I've verified that file as bit-accurate to the one I uploaded here so many years ago. That's the one that's now linked in my signature. The original CD Images I had uploaded are also all available on MyAbandonWare.com (incredible site), so I've posted that link as well.

The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc00007b)
I hadn't played Shandalar in years and ran into trouble when trying to run 2012 Revisited on my Win10 system. Turns out it was a VisualC++ issue. I already had VC++ redistributables installed, but followed this guide to remove and reinstall everything (using the All-in-One) and it worked like a charm! Shandalar 2012 runs fine on Win10, still not sure about Win11 (Windoz sez my hardware ain't up to snuff). Hopefully someone will test it out and report back (if they haven't already)? The launcher.cmd file uses native Windows .CAB utilities to do everything so it has no other dependencies, but you never know when Microsoft might pull the plug on such archaic utilities (makecab/expand/extract). ^_^
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Mar 2024, 06:08

Good to hear from you man, we have missed you. Thanks for looking into this and re-providing links as a lot of people were asking for your stuff and solutions to issues mentioned. :D
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Huggybaby » 12 Mar 2024, 19:55

Keep those links alive! Thanks man!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby luckylavs » 19 Mar 2024, 16:09

still not sure about Win11 (Windoz sez my hardware ain't up to snuff). Hopefully someone will test it out and report back (if they haven't already)?
I have Win11, the Shandalar game just won't run on it :( Nothing happens on launch. I tried a lot of different things hoping to get this game to work, but to no avail.

You can see all the things I tried on my other post:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=31982

BTW: On my system, I don't get this error that you were getting: "The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc00007b)" -- or if this is in fact happening, there is no indication ever sent to me that its the reason my game won't run.

I tried your proposed fix anyway last night. It didn't work. Same issues. :(
luckylavs

Previous

Return to Shandalar