It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:35

Text Size

Triggered abilities suddenly stopped working

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Triggered abilities suddenly stopped working

Postby BitNinja » 10 May 2013, 03:59

I searched through the board and didn't see any mention of this, so I'm starting a new topic.

I am rolling through this game for maybe the 50th time, this time using a green Enchantress deck. Everything was going great until suddenly today, all triggered abilities stopped going onto the stack. My Enchantresses don't let me draw cards, when my opponent hit me with a Naf's Asp, it didn't trigger. I put Wooden Sphere into my deck, same thing. No ability to pay when a green spell is cast.

Anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it? I'm about ready to storm the castles and dungeons, but Enchantress deck is bad with faulty Enchantresses :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
BitNinja

Re: Triggered abilities suddenly stopped working

Postby CirothUngol » 10 May 2013, 12:57

Hmm, odd... I don't think that I've ever come across this. Which version of Shandalar are you using (what's the date on Shandalar.exe)? Did you use any cheats when you started playing (DeckInjector, pre-juiced saves from Shandalar 2012, etc.)?

If you start a new game, does the same thing happen? If not, then perhaps you could post your SaveGame for us to check out. Each save consists of 3 files (Magic#.sve, Magic#.map, and Magic#.sve). The first SaveSlot corresponds to Magic4, and the last SaveSlot corresponds to MagicD (Magic3 is the currently running game).

Also, if this turns out to be temporary, please tell us when it stopped and what you may have possibly done to get it to Start\Stop.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Re: Triggered abilities suddenly stopped working

Postby BitNinja » 10 May 2013, 15:53

Date on the exe file is 12/7/11. I have run through 3 games with no problems up until this one.

Also confirmed Lure, stoning ability from Basilisk and Cockatrice and Spirit Link all fail. (Pretty funny to see a creature with 5 "stoning abilities" stacked up, without them ever dying.)

Loading a different saved game, triggers worked fine, so it looks like something in that particular game file. It won't let me attach .fce files here, so I put them on box. (site doesn't like my newbie spam either so I had to remove the links. Username is happyfish314 at yahoo and the password is "magicfiles"

Let me know if you have any problems getting to the files.

The only thing out of the ordinary that happened is that in a recent game (maybe even the last one that worked?) I wasn't paying attention to my library and lost on an Enchantress-triggered draw with an empty library. There may have been another enchantress trigger waiting to resolve, I don't remember exactly.
BitNinja

Return to Shandalar