It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:43

Text Size

Bug: AI Targets the Wrong Creatures

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Bug: AI Targets the Wrong Creatures

Postby Hadsingrinsen » 06 Aug 2013, 18:04

The AI in Shandalar routinely targets enemy creatures with boosts during combat, or its own creatures with damage dealing spells. I have observed this with Giant Growth, Psionic Blast, Tawnos's Weaponry, and the Wyluli Wolf ability, to name a few cards. It seems like the targets selected are random. Unfortunately I have not been able to produce a save game that reproduces this behavior, since every time I save and load it seems the AI does something different, however this is so pervasive that I am sure most people must be familiar with it. I wonder if anyone has had this happen or knows a fix? I hope it will not be necessary to remove every instant and permanent that says "target creature" from the AI decks.

While failing to replicate this bug I found another one. In the attached save file, if you play Siren's Call, you will see that the opposing creatures appear unaffected by it. I'm much less concerned about this one, however.

Thanks for your help.

* The attached file is a saved game. I changed the file extension from E1M to txt, because the former was not allowed. I didn't post this in the Manalink bug thread, because I figure folks there won't care about Shandalar.
Attachments
Test2.txt
(126.34 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Hadsingrinsen

Return to Shandalar