It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:28

Text Size

Shandalar + Expansions

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar + Expansions

Postby Arjento » 12 May 2009, 23:29

Hi all,

After recently finding out that one of my favourite games back in the day is still being worked on I just had to get it again!

I have the Duels Of The Planewalkers edition (which I assume adds more cards) and updating to Manalink 2.01 as I type this.

Just got one question though...I love playing the Shandalar campaign and wondering if the Duels of The Planewalkers and Manalink add more cards to the story mode?

When I last played MTG it was the original before Spells of the Ancients and Duels of The Planewalkers were even released.

I apologise if this is a real noob question.

Thanks.
Arjento

Re: Shandalar + Expansions

Postby scherbchen » 12 May 2009, 23:33

it isn't a noob question. but seeing a thread title like this always gets my hopes up :D

as of now there are, sadly, no new Shandalar cards (beyond Duel of the Planeswalkers). tons of other things have been implented for gauntlet, sealed, draft (!), though.
Last edited by scherbchen on 12 May 2009, 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
scherbchen

Postby Arjento » 12 May 2009, 23:35

Ok thanks.

Also I've downloaded the MtG_-_DotP file.

Where do I cut & paste this for it to work?
Arjento

Postby scherbchen » 12 May 2009, 23:37

I'd venture that this sticky viewtopic.php?f=25&t=898 will help you. if it doesn't just ask.
scherbchen

Postby Arjento » 13 May 2009, 00:01

scherbchen wrote:it isn't a noob question. but seeing a thread title like this always gets my hopes up :D

as of now there are, sadly, no new Shandalar cards (beyond Duel of the Planeswalkers). tons of other things have been implented for gauntlet, sealed, draft (!), though.
Oh, so between the Original Release of MTG ----> SOTA & DOTP the cards from the 2 expansions were added to the Shandalar campaign?
Arjento

Postby scherbchen » 13 May 2009, 00:19

the two official expansions (Duels and the other one) add extra cards to the Shandalar game not available in the first MTG release. many, many more cards are available for the game via the patches linked to here but those have not yet been incorporated into that campaign and are only accessible in duel/gauntlet mode or in sealed/draft (or via LAN/internet for player vs player, theoretically). not in Shandalar, alas.
scherbchen

Postby Arjento » 13 May 2009, 06:19

scherbchen wrote:the two official expansions (Duels and the other one) add extra cards to the Shandalar game not available in the first MTG release. many, many more cards are available for the game via the patches linked to here but those have not yet been incorporated into that campaign and are only accessible in duel/gauntlet mode or in sealed/draft (or via LAN/internet for player vs player, theoretically). not in Shandalar, alas.
Excellent thanks.
Arjento

Postby jext » 17 May 2009, 21:55

So more cards are going to be in the Shandalar with unoffical patches in some time?
jext

Postby Tower_Mazer » 18 May 2009, 02:07

jext wrote:So more cards are going to be in the Shandalar with unoffical patches in some time?
I guarantee someday someone will add new cards to Shandalar. Hopefully I even do it someday :wink: . The sooner the better for all of us I believe. Since it's abandonware anything new for it will be unofficial. That's what I live for anyway and is why I do all my gaming except Tiger Woods Golf on the PC and deserted console games about 8 years ago. :D
Tower_Mazer

Return to Shandalar