It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:23

Text Size

Made a cool deck (reanimator)

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Made a cool deck (reanimator)

Postby dutchsmoke » 16 Oct 2013, 13:10

Hi guys,

Newbie on this site. After watching the shandalar video on channel fireball, i decided to play this fun game again. It is awesome to play this old game again hehe. Here is the deck i had the most fun with:

REANIMATOR.dek (HOLY **** old creatures are bad)
enablers:
4 Contract from Below
4 Animate Dead
4 Bazaar of Baghdad

creatures:
4 Colossus of Sardia
1 Lord of the Pit

2nd combo piece:
4 Instill Energy
1 Spirit Link

Fluff:
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Time Walk
1 Time Twister
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Regrowth

mana:
4 Black Lotus (yeah i was lucky)
3 Bayou
3 Scrubland
2 Underground Sea
1 Tropical Island

The idea is to get a collusos into play via obvious broken cards such as contract from below and bazaar of baghdad and make it have haste with instill energy AND you get to untap it.

One spirit link needed to survive the dungeons. Also spirit link on lord of the pit blocks the seven damage in upkeep AND you have a 6/7 lifelinker :) The regrowth timetwister is there to help you out if the game drags on and on and you couldn't stop getting into blood contracts.

All in all a super fun deck, and getting a turn one haste 8/9 trampler is not a rare occurance. Obvious weakness is a guy that packs a playset of those annoying swords and disenchants. But even with that its not impossible to still eek out a win!

Now the deck i started out with to get to all the expensive and very specific cards was this deck:

Being an ass.dek:

4 Hypnotic Spectre
4 Sink Hole
3 Strip Mine
1 Mind Twist

2 Black Knight
1 Erg raiders
1 Sengir Vampire
1 Unholy Strenght
1 Terror
1 Oubliette

4 Dark Ritual
4 Contract from below
4 Black Lotus
1 Mox Jet
8 Swamp

THis deck is a bit better then the reanimater but less fun imo. But i used this when just starting out, try to get a playset of hippies and black knight/erg raiders first, because they win matches Fast.

All in all hope you enjoyed my praise of this old game

Greets

Dutch
dutchsmoke

Re: Made a cool deck (reanimator)

Postby ShadowcatX » 16 Oct 2013, 21:29

Reanimator sounds like a blast. I like the idea of spirit link + Lord of the Pit. :D

I learned of Shandalar through channel fireball as well, and my current deck is just a white blue black moat fliers deck. I'm looking forward to messing around with plenty of other decks as well. I like it well enough though I'm still working on getting the full set of power 9 (got 6 of them so far IIRC). Haven't even went into a single wizard's castle with it yet.
ShadowcatX

Return to Shandalar