It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:37

Text Size

Is there any strategy guide?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Is there any strategy guide?

Postby crazy9000 » 14 Jan 2014, 01:58

I'm wondering if anyone's written up a strategy guide for Shandalar. I see some really good info posted when people ask questions, but I haven't been able to find any general guides. I'm a little lost on where to go and how to build up a deck of cards properly.

PS: I tried Shandalar years ago, but it was pretty buggy. I just downloaded the 2012 release linked in this forum and was very surprised the game runs perfectly even on windows 8 now, with the videos and everything!
crazy9000

Re: Is there any strategy guide?

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Feb 2014, 01:18

There's a video linked here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4213
It will show you a lot, like the ideas of getting rid of crappy cards, how to buy and sell, etc.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: Is there any strategy guide?

Postby Fizanko » 15 Feb 2014, 10:34

Thanks for the video, it made a huge difference for me (in Shandalar 2012) , usually i was trying to play with the default deck , was fighting enemies as soon as i met them on the world map and was getting beaten easily by half of them.

The video showed me where i was going wrong : trying to fight early with the default deck, the cards making it are simply really weak in comparison to what the enemies have in their decks.

Ignoring the enemies completely and going to sell all the weak cards, then find much better ones in the random sites (and sell the ones you find that don't fit your deck theme) is what changed the game completely.

With money, as long as you don't have a good enough deck, you just pay gold when attacked instead of losing a precious card to a near sure defeat.

And once you have a good deck, you can finally battle with the enemies on proper conditions , explore dungeons to find good cards etc...

Doing it that way allowed me to finally beat all the wizards, i was unable to beat the last guy that appears once the wizards are defeated, and could only banish him for several hundred of years, as even if it was good, my deck wasn't strong enough against his own strong deck.
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Return to Shandalar