It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:52

Text Size

Installation help

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Installation help

Postby Starbuddyhunter » 30 Jan 2014, 02:27

Any help is appreciated. I am trying to install the game to play Shandalar. My computer is running Vista I am not sure if I am able to run the game on this operating system
I downloaded Manalink 3.0 using (new user had to remove link) when I try to open the game I get an error stating MSVCP100.dll not found.

I am mostly interested in playing Shandalar so I tried downloading Shandalar_2012delta from the drop box in CirothUngol’s signature. When I download it I can not find a Shandalar 2012 folder on my computer and do not see the install_me_first!.cmd in the dropbox.

You guys are great for keeping this game alive
Starbuddyhunter

Re: Installation help

Postby Starbuddyhunter » 30 Jan 2014, 04:01

I was able to get the magic application to work. does anyone know of a safe place to download the CdTools.dll it is needed for the Shandalar application and i am not able to find it on the microsoft site.
Starbuddyhunter

Postby crazy9000 » 31 Jan 2014, 02:23

Are you trying to run Shandalar from the manalink 3.0 install? I don't think it works from there.

Just in case there's any confusion with CirothUngol's version, here's the steps to install it:

1. Download the file from his dropbox (this is called Shandalar_2012delta.7z)
2. Download the program "7zip" to open the file (first search result on google)
3. Install "7zip"
4. Find the Shandalar_2012delta.7z file in your downloads folder, then right click and say "open with"
5. Choose "7zip file manager", most likely under "other programs"
6. Drag the Shandalar2012 folder to the spot of your choice on your computer
7. Open the Shandalar2012 folder on your computer, and run the "Install_Me_First!.cmd" (this is inside the Shandalar2012 folder)
8. After that finishes, in the Shandalar2012 folder, go to the "Program" sub folder
9. Find Shandalar.exe (has skull icon), right click it, and select "properties"
10. Go to the "compatibility" tab, and select "run this program in compatibility mode for:", and select "Windows XP (SP3)" from the menu.
11. Also check "run as administrator", otherwise you might have problems too!
12. Click "Apply", then "OK"
13. Now you are ready to play! I like to make a shortcut by right clicking "Shandalar.exe", then selecting "send to > Desktop (create shortcut)".
crazy9000

Postby Starbuddyhunter » 31 Jan 2014, 15:40

Thank you! Those steps worked great. I was trying to open it from the manalink 3.0 file
Starbuddyhunter

Return to Shandalar