It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:29

Text Size

Spells of the Ancients decks for Shandalar enemies

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Spells of the Ancients decks for Shandalar enemies

Postby mtk » 08 Jun 2014, 08:53

Both expansions, Spells of the Ancients and Duels of the Planeswalkers, added a lot of new cards to the game. Spells of the Ancients had enemy decks remade using these new cards that were added to the game. For some odd reason in the next expansion, Duels of the Planeswalkers, the decks were back to how they were in the original game.

I didn't see those decks in this forum, so I decided to upload them so that others could also take a look at them.
Attachments
Decks.zip
Spells of the Ancients enemy decks
(22.9 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
mtk

Re: Spells of the Ancients decks for Shandalar enemies

Postby jiansonz » 11 Jun 2014, 09:30

Nice, I have never seen those, so it will be interesting to try playing against them.
It must have a smaller card pool to choose from, since only the new cards from SotA are added.

There have been three different enemy deck overhauls (that incorporate some cards from the expansions) done by forumites the last few years:

* My version (found in the stickied thread and incorporated in the 2012 Shandalar version)

*Hadsingrinsen's version (more different from 'vanilla' than my overhaul. He goes more for variety than competitiveness but especially some of the white decks are quite strong)

*podbelski's version This one also changes more than my overhaul. Here you will find smaller, faster, more 'in your face' competitive decks.
Last edited by jiansonz on 11 Jun 2014, 16:27, edited 2 times in total.
jiansonz

Re: Spells of the Ancients decks for Shandalar enemies

Postby mtk » 11 Jun 2014, 10:10

I've been doing my own deck overhauls lately. If I ever get it completely done, I will post it here. I have some goals in my mind:

1. Make the game more challenging. It is also important to see how AI uses new decks, so when playtesting I play against them myself using different decks.

2. Keeping original themes where possible. If a deck looks cool or otherwise works well I will make less changes.

3. Add new classic/cool deck ideas that weren't originally used.

4. With the bigger card pool, trying to use most of the cards. However, the card pool is (unfortunately? :lol: ) so big, that all cards most likely won't be used, but I still try to use as much different cards as I can.

5. New sideboards. After looking through the original decks and different overhauls, I have always seen one little problem here. Sideboards aren't really well made and usually it isn't taken into consideration, that if a player uses more than one colour, then AI will use multiple sideboards. This may result for more than 4 copies of a single card, or decks manaratio will be changed resulting a very likely manascrew.

But as I said, if I ever get this project completely done, I will post the decks on this forum.
mtk

Return to Shandalar