It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:26

Text Size

Updates on the way.

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Updates on the way.

Postby Bog Wraith » 24 Jun 2015, 10:06

Aswan jaguar wrote:You never stop to amaze us with new features,better and more efficient ways to make things work and always trying to give a nice look to the game and game experience.This implementation is such a delight compared to what we have been used to with the Effect card attached on Oracle of Mul Daya!
=D>
And together with the trigger/activate from hand and trigger/activate from graveyard implementations the game feels so New and Different.
I am almost certain that at a point like a newbie I will be asking for help to use new features. :lol:
Couldn't have said it any better myself, old friend! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby guinsoo » 25 Jun 2015, 23:01

Hello,

Great, fantastic work. Few questions: How are dungeon cards assigned now? It still looks like it could be the same spot in the save file, but I can't get the numbers to work out. I was able to swap out dungeon 'permanently in effect' cards easily and change dungeon rules, but I can't figure out how to swap the dungeon cards. For example, the first dungeon's data starts at 0x000222c8. The hex data is
Code: Select all
d8 18 00 00  e6 24 00 00  4c 27 00 00  70 0e 00 00  29 00 00 00  34 00 00 00  58 00 00 00  02 82 00 00  00 00 00 00  80 00 00 00  ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff
The first 4 bytes used to be the first dungeon card, but 18d8 is 6360, Daru Sanctifier not Mox Sapphire. All of the other things I've changed in the dungeon data have worked fine (e.g. 70 0e above, 13th and 14th bytes, is Arcane Laboratory and working properly), is there something special going on with the dungeon rewards now (I also have the same problem with owned cards in the save data - I own none of the cards it appears to say I own)? Also, would there ever be any way to get the Vanguard cards in Shandalar? Some of them would make great environment cards.

Dungeon in play cards chosen which I'm enjoying:
| Open
Underworld Dreams, Invoke Prejudice, Vernal Bloom, Electropotence, Noble Purpose in castles, Arcane Laboratory, Grave Pact, Larceny, Coastal Piracy, Treasure Trove, Call of the Wild, Cursed Scroll, Glorious Anthem, Maze of Ith, Furnace of Rath
Would love to hear what others are using.

Second, ancillary question: I noticed when editing dungeons and castles, that castles and a few dungeons have their rule byte set to '03'. Any idea what that does?

Third, ancillary question: Any way to modify or create any static dungeon cards that cannot be destroyed (wtb Arcane Laboratory, etc that's indestructable and untargetable)?

Fourth question: Where exactly are amulet and base gold costs stored? I am finding many new powerful commons and uncommons to be far too cheap, and in combination with the weak enemy decks makes the game not challenging. Additionally some of the old 'power' buyable cards no longer need such a high cost (e.g. Shivan Dragon) and I'd also like to remove the lottery of finding stuff like Sewers of Estark where the card is useless but paradoxically worth a bundle. Why is that even a card anyway?

Fifth question: Is there any way to adjust the frequency of various types of goodie hut rewards? Specifically, I'd like to lower the chance or remove the chance to get just a basic land.

Sixth question: Possible to tweak village / town card costs?

Seventh question: How exactly does the game determine which monsters are stronger than others / which ones to send at various times? Is it simply based on the order they are entered in the data? Automatically done based on their starting HP? Something else entirely?

As a random aside, I originally didn't like the idea of randomizing enemy decks when you fought them (or drawing them from tiered pools) but it's clear with the amount of new cards that there won't be enough AI decks to use all the cards or even represent all the cool themes available. However it might be a little weird seeing a Sainted One using a rebel deck or something. Is it significantly harder to add more, different enemy avatar types than to randomize the deck they select?

I think that's all for now... thanks very much for the great work so far.
guinsoo

Postby Korath » 26 Jun 2015, 13:16

I haven't looked into the Shandalar-specific parts of the savegame format at all. (If someone's already reverse-engineered it and documented it somewhere, a pointer to that would be quite helpful.) I'm generally more able to tell you where stuff is located in memory while the game is running.

The dungeon cards are apparently stored by internal card id, not csv id. These correspond to line numbers in magic_updater/ct_all.csv; 0x18d8 is Mox Jet, 0x24e6 is Strip Mine, and 0x274c is Tolarian Academy. (This is actually fairly bad news; the csv maintainers have previously been able to reorder ct_all.csv to make it easier to maintain, other than basic lands and the original duals needing to remain in a specific order a the start, and effect cards and slots for dynamic creation in a specific order at the end. Now we know that doing that will break Shandalar savegames.) On the other hand, knowing that dungeon rewards are saved in the savegame means that it's definitely feasible to pick a random subset of the restricted/banned list at game start to put into dungeons, as mentioned in the first post of this thread.

Vanguard cards are doable, with a bit of a time investment for the first one. They need to:
  1. be found in a player's or AI's deck and put on the bf at duel start - easy
  2. be made available in the cardpicker - easy
  3. be randomly findable after duels, in lairs, etc - probably automatic, but moderately difficult if not
  4. be findable in towns and villages - probably automatic, but fairly difficult if not
  5. be limited to 1 per deck in the deckbuilder - quite difficult. I've already sunk about eight hours into preliminary research for Relentless Rats and Shadowborn Apostle, and I'm not close there yet; having an additional constraint of only allowing one out of a whole category of cards (rather than, say, only 1 of a specific card) will be even harder.

I assume you've noticed that most of those dungeon bonus cards don't actually do anything, even if you make them legal (and non-crashing) with AllowAllCards in Shandalar.ini?

Rule byte: dunno. If I knew where it ended up in memory, I'd be able to investigate. Savegame documentation would let me find out where it is.

Adding shroud and indestructible to dungeon bonus cards - it could be done, I suppose. Not merely by editing a savegame, of course.

Amulets and gold - in memory, amulets are five ints starting at 0x789910, and gold is an int at 0x5863a4. Partial savegame documentation, again, would let me find out where all the other data ends up.

Lair rewards:
  • If a card is just found without the lair doing anything else, there's a 50% chance of it being the basic land corresponding to the lair color, and a 50% chance of it being a random card with similar color to the lair. You can adjust that by changing the byte at memory location 0x52fc6a, corresponding to byte 0x12f06a in the executable file. Changing from 2 to 0 or 1 will make it never be a land; changing it to 0x20 will make it a 31/32 chance of being a land.
  • If the lair does something else besides just give you a card, there's a 1 in 4 chance of it giving you a randomly-picked rare or mythic rare card. The byte at 0x52fdb6 (at 0x12f1b6 in the excutable) changes that.
Both of those will stop working at some point; I'll need to move the whole function into Shandalar.dll in order to add more lair types, at which point I'll probably make the probabilities configurable in Shandalar.ini. I may move the function into Shandalar.dll before that, if for no other reason than to fix the bug that makes lairs hang if you own no cards other than commons, basic lands, and dungeon rewards.

Village/town costs: see bug #561.

Enemy strength: Dunno yet.

Making more enemies: much, much more difficult than just hooking into the functions that load their decks. Enough so that I'm not even going to try for quite a while. For starters, it's completely unobvious how the game caches the sprites for adventure mode, which is the same problem that I ran into at the bottom of this post.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Aswan jaguar » 26 Jun 2015, 14:29

Korath wrote:
Sometimes a blocker who dies from first strike (or double strike) damage and regenerates still deals damage to the attacker. I don't know why; the regeneration backend looks the same as in Manalink, and removes the regenerator from combat, and combat damage assignment checks whether it's been removed from combat, and still checks whether the blocker's tapped besides. It's not consistent, either, and it's driving me nuts.
I might have found the problem.Both times I encountered the problem (it wasn't with first strike or double strike) they were killed by instants in my cases.Both times the creatures weren't removed from battle they were enchanted by auras and if it matters both creatures had regeneration themselves Selesnya Sentry (had many auras on it) and Will-o'-the-Wisp.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby guinsoo » 27 Jun 2015, 05:55

Korath wrote:I haven't looked into the Shandalar-specific parts of the savegame format at all. (If someone's already reverse-engineered it and documented it somewhere, a pointer to that would be quite helpful.) I'm generally more able to tell you where stuff is located in memory while the game is running.
The link is here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3485&start=45 in Per's first post. That part includes which byte each part starts at, which is accurate so far in all the places I've looked. Further down, he has a post indicating where various data like monster details, some card data, etc are located mostly in the executables. I'm assuming you know all that and are past it, but if not card data in Magic.exe starts (or started) at 0x00160160, card data in Shandalar.exe starts at 0x00192608. The location of the other stuff he notes except for the card data in Cards.dat. I was unable to locate that data, the tooltips are easy to find but I don't know what a pointer to the strings looks like in hex form.

Korath wrote:The dungeon cards are apparently stored by internal card id, not csv id. These correspond to line numbers in magic_updater/ct_all.csv; 0x18d8 is Mox Jet, 0x24e6 is Strip Mine, and 0x274c is Tolarian Academy. (This is actually fairly bad news; the csv maintainers have previously been able to reorder ct_all.csv to make it easier to maintain, other than basic lands and the original duals needing to remain in a specific order a the start, and effect cards and slots for dynamic creation in a specific order at the end. Now we know that doing that will break Shandalar savegames.) On the other hand, knowing that dungeon rewards are saved in the savegame means that it's definitely feasible to pick a random subset of the restricted/banned list at game start to put into dungeons, as mentioned in the first post of this thread.
Thanks for that, very handy. Are the dungeon environment cards read the same way, or do those look for the card ID? And yes, definitely appears that reordering that CSV would break save files if, as it seems, owned cards in the save file look for line in the CSV rather than card ID. I think that's a pretty small price to pay for patches that add a lot of new content but good to know.

Korath wrote:I assume you've noticed that most of those dungeon bonus cards don't actually do anything, even if you make them legal (and non-crashing) with AllowAllCards in Shandalar.ini?
I didn't notice! The card seemed to show up properly and I just sort of assumed it was working. Will go back through. However the game did recognize the card I intended in the dungeon clues "Arcane Laboratory in effect" so that may indicate that it's already reading that via ID for the UI, so if it's hooked up functionality wise to the line # it may be doing one card in the dungeon while saying it's doing another?

Korath wrote:Adding shroud and indestructible to dungeon bonus cards - it could be done, I suppose. Not merely by editing a savegame, of course.
Maybe less useful now that I think about it. If a player wants the challenge of not removing the dungeon cards, they can do it pretty easily.

Korath wrote:Amulets and gold - in memory, amulets are five ints starting at 0x789910, and gold is an int at 0x5863a4. Partial savegame documentation, again, would let me find out where all the other data ends up.
0x00021d0c, 0x00021d10, 0x00021d14, 0x00021d18, 0x00021d1c are for each of the amulets, 0x00021d20 is gold, 0x00021d24 is food

Thanks for the other info, like lair frequency.
guinsoo

Postby Crag Hack » 30 Jun 2015, 10:37

Crag Hack in da house! Crag Hack smash all :supz:

First of all...

Congratulations!

I have been playing Shandalar for years, every once in a while, and was always checking this forum for updates and usually read things like "no new cards in Shandalar" "no source code" "we need an assembly genius" "it's very difficult" "improbable" "impossible" etc.

And yesterday I come here one more time and click on the Shandalar forum without noticing the "
MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look! " . And then I click on the "Updates on the way" thread and I am like "Wait a minute. Is this what I think it is? WOO HOO!" This is the greatest moment of humanity after the invention of yoga pants.

Now...questions about the installation. Windows XP SP3, 7-Zip. English isn't my first language so excuse any misunderstandings. I downloaded the archive from the "Shandalar 2012 Install" and extracted it in the folder that I created D:\Shandalar_2012Delta. I clicked the Install_Me_First!.cmd and it did its job. I also downloaded the toggle_sounds zip from the same thread and extracted it in the Shandalar 2012 folder replacing the file that was already there. After that I rebooted. So, to make myself clear about the directories, Shandalar.exe is in D:\Shandalar_2012Delta\Shandalar 2012\Program and Play_Shandalar is in D:\Shandalar_2012Delta\Shandalar 2012, ok until now? By the way, the CardArtShandalar folder has 1260 files and not 1259 as mentioned, is this right?

Then I downloaded the "Manalink_3.0-Update_2014-05-06" archive by ozks (the first in the Manalink 3.0 thread) but I don't know where to extract it and how to overwrite/replace things. And after I extract it, do I have to do something to install it? It doesn't mention anything in the Manalink 3.0 thread and I have some trouble understanding the difference between extract and install. After that, I think I have understood how to update manalink with the fate reforged patch, do the card art updates and lastly extract the ruined tower 4 zip. So you understand where I am stuck. I would appreciate some help here. I also saw a post by Aswan jaguar that recommends the 2010 custom installer iso, should I erase everything and start over using this version?
Crag Hack

Postby Korath » 30 Jun 2015, 11:29

Your English is fine. The situation is genuinely confusing and difficult, and we haven't begun to try to make it easier yet.

You need to arrange for the two installations to end up in the same "Program" directory. Each will have dbart, duelart, duelsounds, etc. subdirectories in that.

Some of the manalink base installations floating around, and most of the Manalink patches, don't extract cleanly into ./Programs; they go into something like ./SomeRandomString/Program/ - or even just ./SomeRandomString/ - and require you to manually move the files into the correct directory.

If they've already installed into different directories and you don't want to start over, I think it would be sufficient to move the following files and directories from the Manalink installation into the Shandalar one:
  • Magic.exe
  • Cards.dat (not Cards1.dat, which isn't used)
  • *.dll
  • The CardArtManalink/ directory (not CardArtShandalar/, which isn't used)
  • The Cardart/ directory
  • The Duelart/ directory
But no guarantees.

Which Shandalar version to install won't matter much. The main differences, I believe, are that some of the background art has been replaced; that there's more different versions of artwork for original cards in CardArtShandalar (which won't matter, since these update use the Manalink artwork directory); and that there's maybe a few more minor hacks to Shandalar.exe, which will get overwritten by the Shandalar.exe provided in these updates.

Some Shandalar installs, including the one I worked from, are missing the wizard animations, too, though. I'm not sure which offhand. If yours is, Huggybaby has provided a download of the appropriate directory ("statwin") here.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Crag Hack » 30 Jun 2015, 16:46

Thanks for the quick help. I extracted the manalink archive and since it didn't extract cleanly as you said, I copied everything from the manalink "program" directory into the shandalar 2012 "program" directory and overwrote everything, applied the fate reforged patch, updated card art, extracted ruined tower 4 and it works! Played a bit and it is stable, no weird behaviour and the arrows in the card menus work great. I particularly enjoyed the new feature of being offered a psionic blast for only two black amulets instead of four.
Crag Hack

Postby Gunslinger » 01 Jul 2015, 06:42

Korath, I have to say that you've made something wonderful.

But here is the small question. Is is possible to use your update to play original Shandalar. By original Shandalar I mean vanilla version of the game. With the basic set of cards initially put into the game by the developers.

Why do you want to play such an old game, you might ask. Well, let's say that getting used to thousands of new cards takes a lot of time. Don't get me wrong, I like all the new cards and stuff, but there are too many, and all I want right now is just enjoy the game in it's basic form, and not plow for hours through the bunch of card I've never heard of, no matter how beautiful and functional they all are.

Thanks again, Korath, and best of luck to you.
=====

Humble Ukrainian Gunslinger.
Gunslinger

Postby stassy » 01 Jul 2015, 07:02

Use the original Shandalar 2010 ISO, it's the untouched version in its dedicated thread.
stassy

Postby Gunslinger » 01 Jul 2015, 09:49

stassy wrote:Use the original Shandalar 2010 ISO, it's the untouched version in its dedicated thread.
Not the best solution since there is that small annoying problem with card picker in the game that doesn't allow you to select certain creatures in the red deck, for example.

Korath wrote:It's got (primitive, ugly-looking) buttons to scroll right and left through the list. As I recall, even in the original game there were too many red creatures to fit, at just over 50;
This issue is fixed by Korath but his version of the game requires Manalink with all the new cards and that's the thing I'd like to avoid.

So the question is still relevant.
Gunslinger

Postby jiansonz » 01 Jul 2015, 10:29

Gunslinger wrote:Not the best solution since there is that small annoying problem with card picker in the game that doesn't allow you to select certain creatures in the red deck, for example.
To clarify, what this problem does is that it makes it harder to acquire the following cards: Wall of Earth, Wall of Fire, Wall of Heat, Wall of Opposition, Wall of Stone and Windseeker Centaur. Two of those cards (three if you play with my overhaul) can be ante-d by or stolen from enemies, though.
jiansonz

Postby stassy » 01 Jul 2015, 11:14

With the soon to be posted complete list of available new cards, I guess that it will be possible to disable all the cards you want by editing the Shandalar ini (though if all the cards he posted in this very thread are the new ones, you can just retrieve them and put them in the ini file).
There is to note that due to Korath recoding all cards, old ones included, some are not working perfectly like the originals.
stassy

Postby gmzombie » 01 Jul 2015, 11:56

But a lot are working better than ever too. :)
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Korath » 01 Jul 2015, 14:09

Play at 800x600 and they'll fit onto the screen.

I might be convinced to make a version that does nothing except include the cardpicker changes; but
  1. I'd want to see significantly more interest in it first - it'd only take a few hours or so, but it's still hours of my life I'll never get back - and
  2. I'm already having to scrounge through screenshots for old bugs to delete so I can attach more stuff here. I cordially dislike "free" hosting like mediafire; it's irritating to have everyone make a buck off your work but you.
Stassy, the "announcement", such as it is, is buried in the raw logs, but you can see the complete list of cards in RT4/LT2 and higher by starting Shandalar from the command line:
Code: Select all
shandalar.exe --card-list
New cards in the dev version since my last post | Open
AEther Sting
Abhorrent Overlord
Absorb
Act of Authority
Act of Treason
Agent of Erebos
Agent of the Fates
Akoum Battlesinger
Akroan Conscriptor
Akroan Crusader
Akroan Horse
Akroan Line Breaker
Akroan Phalanx
Akroan Skyguard
Anax and Cymede
Angel's Feather
Annul
Arbor Colossus
Archetype of Aggression
Archetype of Courage
Archetype of Endurance
Archetype of Finality
Archetype of Imagination
Arena Athlete
Argothian Enchantress
Ark of Blight
Ashiok's Adept
Aura Flux
Aven Shrine
Avoid Fate
Baleful Strix
Battlewand Oak
Battlewise Hoplite
Bazaar of Wonders
Bile Blight
Blightcaster
Blind Creeper
Blind-Spot Giant
Blood Baron of Vizkopa
Bloodfire Expert
Boggart Sprite-Chaser
Bone to Ash
Boon Reflection
Brainstorm
Breaching Hippocamp
Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile
Brion Stoutarm
Cabal Shrine
Cavalry Pegasus
Celestial Ancient
Centaur Battlemaster
Chancellor of the Dross
Chancellor of the Forge
Chancellor of the Tangle
Chaosphere
Chorus of the Tides
Chronic Flooding
Chronicler of Heroes
Colossus of Akros
Concordant Crossroads
Condemn
Conquering Manticore
Consume the Meek
Consuming Aberration
Contemplation
Coordinated Assault
Corrupted Resolve
Countermand
Countersquall
Crown of Convergence
Curse of Wizardry
Customs Depot
Cutthroat Maneuver
Dauntless Escort
Dauntless Onslaught
Dauthi Jackal
Dawnbringer Charioteers
Deathless Angel
Deathreap Ritual
Decimator Web
Demon's Horn
Desecration Elemental
Desertion
Devastation
Discombobulate
Disharmony
Dismiss
Dispel
Dissipate
Dissolve
Doomwake Giant
Door to Nothingness
Dragon Bell Monk
Dragon's Claw
Dragon-Style Twins
Dragonlair Spider
Dreadbringer Lampads
Dreadwaters
Dream Fracture
Dreampod Druid
Dreamspoiler Witches
Drown in Sorrow
Drowner Initiate
Druid Lyrist
Druidic Satchel
Dwarven Shrine
Early Frost
Earthshaker
Ebon Drake
Eidolon of Blossoms
Elf Replica
Elite Skirmisher
Elvish Lyrist
Ember Swallower
Embersmith
Enchantress's Presence
Envelop
Ephara's Enlightenment
Equilibrium
Essence Backlash
Exclude
Extinguish All Hope
Eye of Singularity
Eyes of the Watcher
Fabled Hero
Faerie Tauntings
Faerie Trickery
Falkenrath Aristocrat
Fall of the Gavel
Fanatic of Mogis
Fangren Pathcutter
Fated Infatuation
Fated Intervention
Fated Retribution
Feast on the Fallen
Field of Dreams
Flamecast Wheel
Flamespeaker's Will
Flash Counter
Flashfreeze
Fleecemane Lion
Fleetfeather Cockatrice
Forced Fruition
Forgeborn Oreads
Frilled Oculus
Gainsay
Geist Snatch
Gelectrode
Gerrard's Battle Cry
Ghostform
Gilt-Leaf Archdruid
Glimpse of Nature
Glimpse the Unthinkable
Glint-Eye Nephilim
Gluttonous Cyclops
Goblin Battle Jester
Goblin Replica
Goblinslide
Godhunter Octopus
Golem's Heart
Gorilla Titan
Graverobber Spider
Gravity Sphere
Grim Guardian
Guttersnipe
Hada Freeblade
Hagra Diabolist
Halimar Excavator
Halt Order
Hand of the Praetors
Harbor Bandit
Harmonic Sliver
Haru-Onna
Havoc Festival
Healer of the Pride
Heritage Druid
Hero of Leina Tower
Heroes' Bane
Hesitation
Hidetsugu's Second Rite
Highland Berserker
Hindering Light
Horizon Scholar
Horncaller's Chant
Humbler of Mortals
Hythonia the Cruel
Ill-Tempered Cyclops
Illusory Demon
Indestructibility
Inspired Sprite
Insurrection
Interpret the Signs
Intimidator Initiate
Jace's Phantasm
Jackalope Herd
Jeskai Elder
Jeskai Student
Jeskai Windscout
Joraga Bard
Kabira Evangel
Kami of Ancient Law
Kami of Fire's Roar
Kami of the Hunt
Kami of the Waning Moon
Karametra's Acolyte
Kataki, War's Wage
Kazandu Blademaster
Kazuul Warlord
Keepsake Gorgon
Kemuri-Onna
Kheru Dreadmaw
Kiku's Shadow
Kill Shot
Kiln Fiend
Kin-Tree Invocation
Kiora's Follower
Kiri-Onna
Kithkin Greatheart
Kodama of the South Tree
Kor Firewalker
Kor Spiritdancer
Kraken of the Straits
Kraken's Eye
Kyoki, Sanity's Eclipse
Labyrinth Champion
Lagonna-Band Elder
Lagonna-Band Trailblazer
Lapse of Certainty
Lay Bare
Leonin Battlemage
Leonin Iconoclast
Leonin Snarecaster
Leyline of Lightning
Leyline of Vitality
Leyline of the Meek
Lifesmith
Lightning Cloud
Living Plane
Llanowar Empath
Lobber Crew
Lotus Path Djinn
Lunar Mystic
Lys Alana Bowmaster
Lys Alana Huntmaster
Magus of the Tabernacle
Makindi Shieldmate
Mana Breach
Mana Confluence
Mark of Mutiny
Mass Mutiny
Memory Erosion
Memory Lapse
Merrow Levitator
Merrow Witsniper
Metallic Mastery
Mindsparker
Mirran Spy
Mischief and Mayhem
Mogg Sentry
Mogis's Marauder
Molten Primordial
Monastery Mentor
Monastery Swiftspear
Mortal Obstinacy
Mul Daya Channelers
Murasa Pyromancer
Myrsmith
Mystic Denial
Nantuko Shrine
Negate
Nessian Asp
Nettle Sentinel
Neutralizing Blast
Nikko-Onna
Nimana Sell-Sword
Nivix Cyclops
Nullify
Nurturer Initiate
Nyx Infusion
Nyx-Fleece Ram
Oakheart Dryads
Omenspeaker
Ondu Cleric
Onslaught
Oppression
Oran-Rief Survivalist
Outwit
Overtaker
Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens
Painsmith
Paradise Plume
Pendrell Mists
Phalanx Leader
Pheres-Band Thunderhoof
Phyrexian Boon
Pilfered Plans
Pillar Tombs of Aku
Pinnacle of Rage
Pit Trap
Plague Sliver
Portent of Betrayal
Predator Ooze
Prescient Chimera
Presence of the Master
Priest of Iroas
Primeval Bounty
Primordial Sage
Pristine Angel
Prized Elephant
Psychic Barrier
Psychic Strike
Punish Ignorance
Purraj of Urborg
Putrid Leech
Pyroconvergence
Quarry Colossus
Quirion Dryad
Ravenous Leucrocota
Reap What Is Sown
Rebuff the Wicked
Reckless Reveler
Reins of Power
Reki, the History of Kamigawa
Remand
Reparations
Repentance
Retribution of the Meek
Returned Centaur
Revel of the Fallen God
Revelation
Rewind
Rhox Faithmender
Riddlesmith
Riptide Chimera
Rise of Eagles
Riverwheel Aerialists
Rollick of Abandon
Rootborn Defenses
Rootwalla
Ruination
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
Ruthless Cullblade
Sage of Hours
Sage of the Inward Eye
Sage's Row Denizen
Sage-Eye Avengers
Saruli Gatekeepers
Satyr Hoplite
Scatter Arc
Scholar of Athreos
Scourge of Fleets
Scourge of Skola Vale
Scourge of Valkas
Scouring Sands
Seal of Cleansing
Seal of Doom
Seascape Aerialist
Seeker of the Way
Serra's Boon
Setessan Battle Priest
Setessan Griffin
Setessan Oathsworn
Sewer Nemesis
Shadowborn Demon
Sibsig Host
Sigil of the Empty Throne
Sigiled Skink
Sigiled Starfish
Skirk Outrider
Skittering Horror
Skittering Skirge
Skyreaping
Smelt-Ward Gatekeepers
Smolder Initiate
Sol'kanar the Swamp King
Soot Imp
Spawn of Thraxes
Spell Crumple
Spellshock
Spirit Bonds
Spite of Mogis
Sporemound
Staff of the Death Magus
Staff of the Flame Magus
Staff of the Mind Magus
Staff of the Sun Magus
Staff of the Wild Magus
Standstill
Statute of Denial
Staunch-Hearted Warrior
Stonehorn Chanter
Stoneshock Giant
Storm World
Stormbreath Dragon
Stormcaller of Keranos
Stormchaser Chimera
Straw Golem
Strength from the Fallen
Sulfuric Vortex
Summoner's Bane
Swan Song
Tablet of the Guilds
Tajuru Archer
Tallowisp
Talrand, Sky Summoner
Tangleroot
Tek
Telepathy
Thassa's Bounty
Thassa's Devourer
The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
Thoughtrender Lamia
Thought Scour
Thousand-Year Elixir
Tidespout Tyrant
Titania's Chosen
Tormented Hero
Trained Condor
Traitorous Blood
Traitorous Instinct
Trench Wurm
Triton Cavalry
Triton Fortune Hunter
Tuktuk Grunts
Turn Aside
Turntimber Ranger
Twinblade Slasher
Uktabi Faerie
Umara Raptor
Undermine
Underworld Coinsmith
Unravel the AEther
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Vampire Nocturnus
Vanguard of Brimaz
Vedalken Archmage
Vial of Poison
Viridian Zealot
Voracious Wurm
War-Wing Siren
Wee Dragonauts
Whetstone
Whirlwind Adept
Whitewater Naiads
Wild Aesthir
Wildfire Cerberus
Wildwood Geist
Wingsteed Rider
Witch Hunt
Witch-Maw Nephilim
Witchstalker
Woodborn Behemoth
Wurm's Tooth
Young Pyromancer
Yuki-Onna
Zealous Conscripts
Zephyr Charge
As you can see - at least if you're brave enough to wade through that list - I've been making an effort to get everything that's conveniently implementable in Theros block implemented. I've got a handful of feasible cards to go still, and there's still going to be large gaps: nothing with bestow, strive, tribute, or inspired; no gods or equipment; and I'm still missing some miscellaneous effects that I may or may not get to like "doesn't untap during during its controller's next untap", "play cards of type [whatever] is though they had flash", "look through the top [number] cards of your library and choose a [type] from among them", etc.

I've also split up summoning sickness (as mentioned in passing here - haste something until the end of your turn and it'll properly become summonsick again on your opponent's, for example, and Instill Energy and Thousand-Year Elixir only grant the abilities they say they do); and made the AI use scry and similar library manipulation semi-intelligently instead of just ordering the cards randomly.

I'm currently working on counterspells. The ones I've added, and old ones I've rewritten, work like the laces do now - they're properly cast at instant speed and can target anything on the stack. The AI handles it as well as it does the interrupt versions, which isn't very. Set it to 2 life, give it four Islands and put two Counterspells in its hand, Lightning Bolt it, and it'll (usually, not always) counter it; but if you counter its Counterspell, it generally won't counter your counter. That's saddening; it makes me wonder whether it's ever willing to continue to respond back and forth to that depth at all, and if not, whether it can be made to.

The interface will be weird for a while, since I haven't rewritten all of the original counterspells - there's no easy way to find out what the {X} of a spell on the stack other than the one on top of it is (all spells with {X} in their cost record that value themselves so they have access to it when they resolve), I'm not doing modal spells yet, and I don't have something in place for "your opponent may choose to do [something]" as part of an effect - so cards like Spell Blast, Red Elemental Blast, and Force Spike respectively are still cast at interrupt speed, and can still only target the top card of the stack. The first of these issues is also blocking me from making Mana Drain, which is an annoyance.
Korath
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar