It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 07:48

Text Size

Updates on the way.

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Updates on the way.

Postby Korath » 12 Apr 2016, 22:04

stassy wrote:Chaotic Strike artwork is already existing in CardArtManalink (seems the only dupe in the 3 archives), shall we overwrite it?
There's also already art available for everything in DTK, BFZ, C15, and OGW over in the Art of Things to Come development thread. (For example, Daxos the Returned in the D archive.) It's not practical to direct folks there for them, but worth pointing out to avoid duplication of effort.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Rawky » 12 Apr 2016, 23:25

Spork wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread for asking all these noobish questions
You could start a fresh thread specifically for newbie questions. Seems like we could use it. I still have some now and then.
Rawky

Postby Rawky » 12 Apr 2016, 23:53

Korath wrote:(For example, Daxos the Returned in the D archive.)
That particular image is distorted/compacted. Otherwise, I'll check those archives before replicating the same work. Nevermind, it looks like they are all distorted. As in, the horizontal is shrunk or the vertical is stretched to meet the target aspect ratio.
Rawky

Postby TheKillerNacho » 13 Apr 2016, 17:56

Nice work, man! Downloading now.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby TheKillerNacho » 13 Apr 2016, 20:20

Rawky wrote:Sweet, thanks.

I will update this post with batches of card art by letter as I go through them.

Further updates will come much slower, since I can't so this at work.
I decided to make myself useful and do the rest of the card images. They probably aren't nearly as good as say, Sonic, would do them but they should be good enough for an "interim artwork package".

therest.zip
(6.39 MiB) Downloaded 521 times
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Korath » 14 Apr 2016, 01:04

One card missing from the EGFH archive (Fencer Clique), and Kyscu Drake in IJKL has an extra .xlhq in its filename.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Rawky » 14 Apr 2016, 01:20

Korath wrote:One card missing from the EGFH archive (Fencer Clique), and Kyscu Drake in IJKL has an extra .xlhq in its filename.
The latter makes sense to me, since my brain was mush by that point in the day. I'll fix them when I get home tonight and update that same post.

Fixed!
Rawky

Postby TheKillerNacho » 14 Apr 2016, 15:06

Rawky wrote:
Korath wrote:One card missing from the EGFH archive (Fencer Clique), and Kyscu Drake in IJKL has an extra .xlhq in its filename.
The latter makes sense to me, since my brain was mush by that point in the day. I'll fix them when I get home tonight and update that same post.

Fixed!
Feel free to combine my package with yours to make one large package to make it easier for everyone. That way Korgath could just link one single archive. ;)
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Spork » 14 Apr 2016, 22:27

I installed the artwork packages you listed in the instructions for DL1 into the CardArtManalink folder but the DL1 cards such as Mad Dog didn't have their art.
Spork

Postby TheKillerNacho » 15 Apr 2016, 00:46

Spork wrote:I installed the artwork packages you listed in the instructions for DL1 into the CardArtManalink folder but the DL1 cards such as Mad Dog didn't have their art.
Did you install mine...? Mad Dog is in there.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Spork » 15 Apr 2016, 01:38

Ah yes, I apparently forgot to move the pictures out of the folder it made into the correct folder. Was just a careless mistake on my part. Thank you though!
Spork

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Apr 2016, 14:20

I have a request.

After the problem I reported about before with an earlier update, I tried a fresh install and other installs with updates applied to them, but I am now having an issue that prevents me from seeing any of the new cards that have been added over the last 3 (or more, not sure yet) update releases. I have no idea why this is happening as I have never had a problem before this. I am using my Parallels app to run Windows on my Mac as I have for years with no issues. All my other programs & games are running fine on it, so it is only this game that I'm having this problem

Can someone zip and upload a fully updated & working install with all the updated art & files already included in the working app folder so I don't have to do anything but move the folder from the zip file to my c:\ drive, open Shandalar and start a game.
I want to see if this will work & see if I can find out why my installs are not working anymore.

If someone could do this & upload it to MediaFire or whatever service you use, I would be very grateful! [-o<
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby TheKillerNacho » 16 Apr 2016, 15:07

Bog Wraith wrote:I have a request.

After the problem I reported about before with an earlier update, I tried a fresh install and other installs with updates applied to them, but I am now having an issue that prevents me from seeing any of the new cards that have been added over the last 3 (or more, not sure yet) update releases. I have no idea why this is happening as I have never had a problem before this. I am using my Parallels app to run Windows on my Mac as I have for years with no issues. All my other programs & games are running fine on it, so it is only this game that I'm having this problem

Can someone zip and upload a fully updated & working install with all the updated art & files already included in the working app folder so I don't have to do anything but move the folder from the zip file to my c:\ drive, open Shandalar and start a game.
I want to see if this will work & see if I can find out why my installs are not working anymore.

If someone could do this & upload it to MediaFire or whatever service you use, I would be very grateful! [-o<
Here's my Magic folder... just warning you though its a bit messy:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08oiM ... sp=sharing
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Apr 2016, 17:50

TheKillerNacho wrote:
That did it. After reloading a save outside of a Lair a number of times to finally get a Nomad's Bazaar , I can now see cards like Mad Dog, Last Word, Lantern Scout, etc...

I will have to do some forensic investigations on my different number of installs to see if I can find the source of my trouble.

As far as your install being a bit messy, I had no problem with it at all. In fact, I really like the way you have the creature decks collection separated into the different editions that you have. Overall your folder is very good indeed and more importantly, it's got me up & running again! 8)

Thanks to you, TheKillerNacho, I will also now be able to play with this latest version that Korath recently released. It's also a great snapshot of Shandalar from this DL1 release which will be fine for moving forward with future releases should I not be able to use any of my versions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to zip & upload your working version of the game. I really appreciate you doing so & for proving once again, that our members here at CCGHQ are the best and always come to the aid of their fellow players! =D>
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Spork » 17 Apr 2016, 01:32

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:I have a request.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=18510&p=195651#p195651
Made this specifically for new users or people in your case that don't want to put everything together again, I will continue to update the post with the latest full package. The only thing it's missing is all the art for plains, I had made it so only the unhinged art shows for plains and wasn't going to change that for these, but I will for later expansions.
Spork

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar