It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:47

Text Size

Korath's Shandalar Updates: Bug Reports

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Korath's Shandalar Updates: Bug Reports

Postby Aswan jaguar » 24 May 2015, 11:29

---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby jiansonz » 24 May 2015, 14:04

(Ruined Tower 2)

The AI isn't that great about Double Strike. It does understand that a double striking potential blocker will kill a potential attacker, and will not attack in this case (usually). But when I attacked with a double striking creature, the AI did not block it in a situation where the duel would be over if the attacker got through. Sorry, I forgot to take a screenie. It was a power 5 creature and the AI had 9 life and a creature that could have blocked.

Confirmed to be working now:
- The AI correctly returns Nether Shadow.
- I could counter a Tetravus with False Summoning.
jiansonz

Postby Korath » 24 May 2015, 21:02

Confirm Shadowmage Infiltrator, which is seriously annoying since the source for the card says to make it optional. Edit: I see the problem; it was passing RESOLVE_TRIGGER_OPTIONAL as the wrong argument, so that it only activated when it did damage to the AI (no matter who controls it). Fixed, and fixed the same problem with Neurok Commando (which is effectively the same card), Beacon Hawk, and Mordant Dragon.

Double Strike I'm not going to be able to do anything about anytime soon; the combat AI is very poorly understood. The best I can get it to right now using the interfaces we do understand is to A) make the AI see it as first strike when choosing attackers and blockers; and 2) to value it at end-of-turn game state assessment as better than first strike, and better than a card with twice than its power with neither first nor double strike, but worse than a card with first strike and twice its power. (Example: a creature with power 2 is worth 7x points; power 2 and first strike is 10.5x; power 4 is 11x; power 2 and double strike is 13.75x; power 4 and first strike is 16.5x.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby quatrocentos-e-vinte » 24 May 2015, 22:58

Shandalar Version: Ruined Tower 2

Issue 1) Thundermare seems to tap ALL creatures (including itself), rather than "all other creatures".

Issue 2) I got a Black Lotus from one of those random bonus things, rather than through a dungeon; is this expected behaviour or a bug?

(one of the savegames included is the one in which these two things were noted... i hope...)
quatrocentos-e-vinte
Programmer

Postby Korath » 24 May 2015, 23:22

Thundermare was a particularly careless error. It also affects Public Execution, Denizen of the Deep, and Shrieking Mogg.

Black Lotus: it's a bug. Exactly which random bonus thing? I mean, I assume you meant a Lair (the little sunken ships and so on that appear on the main map); but what did the Lair do before giving you the card? Run a quiz, give you a dungeon hint, etc?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby quatrocentos-e-vinte » 24 May 2015, 23:53

Korath wrote:Black Lotus: it's a bug. Exactly which random bonus thing? I mean, I assume you meant a Lair (the little sunken ships and so on that appear on the main map); but what did the Lair do before giving you the card? Run a quiz, give you a dungeon hint, etc?
It was a lair, yes. To be honest, I'm not sure which type of lair it was (green, red, white, blue or black), but I'm 100% sure I got it after _losing_ one of those "Spectral Arena" events (i.e. I didn't get it as a reward for winning the fight; i lost the fight, and then i "found" a Black Lotus, basically).

(Assuming the savegames I sent you are ok), you'll notice that the player's character has a Black Lotus in the inventory, even though there are zero dungeon treasures collected.

I apologize if I can't help much more to reproduce the bug :\

PS: also, it was a game I just started; it was not a saved game from a previous version or anything like that
quatrocentos-e-vinte
Programmer

Postby jiansonz » 25 May 2015, 07:54

quatrocentos-e-vinte wrote:It was a lair, yes. To be honest, I'm not sure which type of lair it was (green, red, white, blue or black), but I'm 100% sure I got it after _losing_ one of those "Spectral Arena" events (i.e. I didn't get it as a reward for winning the fight; i lost the fight, and then i "found" a Black Lotus, basically).
Based on no more than plenty of experience with Shandalar, I think these lairs can hold any card in the game.
jiansonz

Postby quatrocentos-e-vinte » 25 May 2015, 10:16

jiansonz wrote:
quatrocentos-e-vinte wrote:It was a lair, yes. To be honest, I'm not sure which type of lair it was (green, red, white, blue or black), but I'm 100% sure I got it after _losing_ one of those "Spectral Arena" events (i.e. I didn't get it as a reward for winning the fight; i lost the fight, and then i "found" a Black Lotus, basically).
Based on no more than plenty of experience with Shandalar, I think these lairs can hold any card in the game.
Ok. I wasn't sure about that. So, yeah... maybe what I saw was not a bug, but just some extremely lucky occurence (since I can't remember ever getting a Black Lotus or a Mox in this way).

Strangely enough, in the same exact game, I just "found" a Sol Ring by entering another lair (a green one, that gave me a dungeon clue).

Current savegame(s) attached (in case I'm not just being extremely lucky).
quatrocentos-e-vinte
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 May 2015, 19:00

Shandalar Version: Ruined Tower 2

Necropotence allows me to hold more than 7 cards in my hand by the end of the turn when I get the cards I payed life for.

You can see here that the AI's turn is starting, and that I have 9 cards, (8 you can see, the other card is above where the arrows are) in my hand.

This is happening while I'm inside a dungeon, but I think I saw this earlier in a regular duel, but I wasn't sure at the time.
Attachments
Too Many Cards!.jpg
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Korath » 25 May 2015, 19:41

Restricted cards in lairs: fixed. For real this time, I hope. (They couldn't hold any card in the game, as stated above; only the five non-snow-covered basic lands and cards with rarity RARE or greater. (Sol Ring, like all restricted cards, is considered a mythic rare, despite being printed at uncommon.))

Necropotence: already fixed incidental to making it possible for cards to arbitrarily change maximum hand size. (In Shandalar, unlike Manalink, hand size could only be 7 or infinite, so cards like Minamo Scrollkeeper and Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur weren't possible. Cursed Rack forced a discard down to 4 cards itself instead of changing hand size, per its Fourth Edition wording.) It'll still be broken in Ruined Tower 3, but not in the next version that has new cards; it's too large a change to backport.

All: I'd greatly prefer if folks started reporting bugs and feature requests to the bugtracker linked above the forum instead; it makes things a lot easier and more reliable from my end. I'll be transferring existing bug reports there tonight.
bugtracker.jpg
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 May 2015, 20:28

Korath, with your ok, I think I'm going to lock this topic off so as to MAKE people use the Bug Tracker.

So please guys, do not post any more bug reports here.

I'm also going to start a new thread for folks to post cool or weird or odd things that they have come across while playing in Shandalar. It's not a bug thread people, so don't post any there, but I think we should have a thread where we can share our experiences & other thoughts about the changes and quirks about our new & improved plane of Shandalar! 8)
------------------------------------
Thread is now locked!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Shandalar