It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:04

Text Size

SHANDALAR CARD wishlist! ask for NEW cards!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: SHANDALAR CARD wishlist! ask for NEW cards!

Postby Korath » 10 Nov 2016, 12:48

Block triggers will be possible once I finish porting the current triggers to my new stack-based implementation, currently at about 350 done out of about 2100 calls to the old-style system. I already added targeting triggers (like Skulking Ghost and Wild Defiance) and untap triggers (like Pain Seer and Wake Thrasher) as proofs-of-concept, but if I just keep adding new cards, I'll never finish porting the old ones.

Don't expect Pride of Lions anytime soon, though.

Which rarity symbol is shown depends on your configuration in DuelArt/Duel.dat. As a core set, Eighth Edition gets higher priority than Starter1999. Search for PriorityPortal if you want to change it.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby lujo » 10 Nov 2016, 14:20

I just did a backflip upon seeing Skulking Ghost :D (Not just because I like the card but because the impications are sooo great).

Don't let me get in your way.

--

Oh, just remembered something so I gotta just jot it down so that I don't forget. I've been looking for nice monocolor-enforcing thematic circles and stuff and remembered that I have to put the Scent cycle and the Seer cycle from urza's destiny in the thread.

Scent of Ivy
Scent of Jasmine
Scent of Cinder
Scent of Nightshade
Scent of Brine

Ivy Seer
Jasmine Seer
Cinder Seer
Nightshade Seer
Brine Seer

No pressure, mind you, fixing implementations on existing cards - =D> =D> =D> , this is just so it's there when you take a look at what's in here.

Testemonial :D | Open
Also because I'm kinda curious about why they arent in allready, and to potentially do a testemonial on them if needed. I've used many of them myself, so I know they're actually usable cards (and most of the seers are quite dominant in a relaxed environment, similar cards have always dominated their respective limited - most spectacularly and groan-inducingly in Onslaught). They're a bit worse than most folks think at first glance (it's a bit hard to really get the maximum unless you really build for it), but they're generally a lot better than dismissive net-deck-renowned-broken-stuff crew will tell you. It's also a somewhat interesting mechanic, kinda like a reverse devotion, and oddly fun for a "keep stuff in your hand" mechanic. I've also never actually tried to combine them with the reviled Saviors of Kamigawa stuff, so I'm curious whether they make that more interesting/viable. Some of them ought to be great for the mono-color dominated Shandalar environment, too.

No pressure, really, honestly, it's just in case you're not personally familiar with the cards or something.
Last edited by lujo on 11 Nov 2016, 16:06, edited 3 times in total.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby TheKillerNacho » 11 Nov 2016, 15:32

So uh... about Custody Battle ...
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby faeryswordfish » 14 Nov 2016, 00:47

This project is a dream come true. I've always wanted to play Shandalar with more cards...now I'm trying to rebuild a faerie deck I used to embarrass richer opponents with... but some cards missing:

cloud of faeries
thornwind faeries

Is there anyway to add them in manually? I've tried SVE Tool 2.0...
faeryswordfish

Postby lujo » 14 Nov 2016, 01:53

Thornwind Faeries are in (Hall of Sultan 2 release has them for sure), Cloud of Faeries will probably be in next release as cycling seems to have been done since the latest release.

Big =D> for the "embarass richer opponents" bit. Few things in life are as great as slapping netdecking rich folks around with crafty commons. :)
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby faeryswordfish » 14 Nov 2016, 21:37

Thornwind Faeries are in (Hall of Sultan 2 release has them for sure), Cloud of Faeries will probably be in next release as cycling seems to have been done since the latest release.
Ahh! Thanks for sharing that lujo, I now have HS2 running and Thornwind Faeries are a go, sweet! This game is making me giddy again.
faeryswordfish

Postby faeryswordfish » 21 Nov 2016, 22:18

Fire Whip and Ashen Ghoul would also be a nice additions!

I'm wondering if the 500 in game card limit can be expanded? I'm now having to cull my in game collection after every win and can't keep the cards I want to build in future decks :(
faeryswordfish

Postby PsyintZ » 15 Dec 2016, 20:47

Hiya! I am new to these upgraded versions of Shandalar with the increased card pools, so I am not completely familiar with the card list yet. I just noticed that, when buying from a vendor who sells any card for gems, that a few cards I expected to be there were not. However, I also noticed that new cards have been added as dungeon cards, and since I have only started recently, I am not familiar with which cards I can obtain via dungeons yet. So with that said, I sincerely apologize if I request a card that is already in there, and I just haven't stumbled upon it yet. :mrgreen:

(Note: I believe I am currently playing the version called "Abandoned Shrine 3")

List of cards I would like to see implemented:

Lands:
Lake of the Dead
Cabal Coffers
Thawing Glaciers
Kjeldoran Outpost
Tolarian Academy
Soldevi Excavations
Serra's Sanctum
Volrath's Stronghold

Artifacts:
Umezawa's Jitte
Skullclamp
Isochron Scepter
Scroll Rack
Cursed Scroll
Chrome Mox
Phyrexian Processor

Black:
Necropotence
Living Death
Yawgmoth's Will
Entomb
Thoughtseize
Night's Whisper

Blue:
Oath of Scholars
Snapcaster Mage
Force of Will
Intuition
Tinker
Cloud Faeries
Attunement
Windfall
Gifts Ungiven
Cryptic Command
Vendilion Clique
Ancestral Vision
Ponder

Green:
Survival of the Fittest
Oath of Druids
Natural Order
Pattern of Rebirth
Plow Under
Glimpse of Nature
Crop Rotation

Red:
Fireblast
Firestorm
Chain Lightning
Furnace of Rath
Final Fortune
Browbeat
Wheel of Fate

White:
Orim's Chant

I understand that some cards simply cannot be implemented due to their mechanics, but if any of the above cards are able to be worked into your list of cards to add, that would be awesome! Please know that your guys' hard work is very much appreciated!

Your Fellow Magician,
PsyintZ
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Postby Aswan jaguar » 16 Dec 2016, 04:44

Latest version is the Gemcutter's Guild 1 / Hall of the Sultan 3: viewtopic.php?p=206349#p206349 and latest version can always be found as last post in this subforum:Shandalar Update Patches: Pre Alpha Software Edition: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17183&start=15
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby mbiggs31183 » 27 Feb 2018, 00:41

mbiggs31183

-

Postby GotJealf » 17 Dec 2020, 15:44

The Long GamePlot, Loyal Martell5/8/1/6Your plot deck may contain eight cards. After this card is placed in your used pile, it remains there until the end of the game.Plot deck limit: 1
GotJealf

Previous

Return to Shandalar