It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 11:46

Text Size

SHANDALAR CARD wishlist! ask for NEW cards!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: SHANDALAR CARD wishlist! ask for NEW cards!

Postby guinsoo » 29 Jun 2015, 04:46

Korath wrote:Some of those cards are already in the game; some already in the next major version. The ones interacting with the graveyard, ones activating from your hand, and ones with alternate casting costs won't be in soon at all. Equipment maybe a bit sooner.

Redundant cards: I tend to put all close variants of a card in at the same time - not just all the "Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn" cards, but Shrink, Fatal Fumes, Last Gasp, Disfigure, etc. - since it's not any harder than just putting in the first variant.
When you say 'interacting with the graveyard' and 'activating from your hand' what do you mean exactly? Stuff with active abilities (e.g. Shard Phoenix) or passive stuff (Anger) or both? Does stuff like Cycling and madness fall into these categories? Something else?

Does alternate casting costs include kicker, the 'pay with either mana type' symbols, and buyback?

Updated my post above with a lot more card requests :)
guinsoo

Postby zarkfff » 10 Jul 2015, 19:23

Scapegoat
Mana Cost:
White 1
As an additional cost to cast Scapegoat, sacrifice a creature.
Return any number of target creatures you control to their owner's hand.

much over looked card with lots of utility.
zarkfff

Postby Draggamor » 17 Aug 2015, 12:21

First of all,

EXCELLENT JOB!!!!

It's good to be back. I admit I was kind of sad when I discovered the 2000 card limit (yes it was me who first found that, ask Jatill he might remember) and then I stood up without computer. Now I return to see these wonders.

Well, for now I'd just like to see some equipments on Shandalar.

For now I'll try to help at least finding some bugs. So far I found Smoke is not working properly -> If there are untapped creatures the game stalls forever on either side. I found that against Centaur Warchief deck on Shandalar.
Draggamor

Postby stassy » 17 Aug 2015, 13:01

Welcome back!

If you want to report a bug, please use the Bug Tracker so it's being properly reviewed.
stassy

Postby lujo » 23 Sep 2015, 00:01

Hi,

I'm starting a new post where I'll jot down stuff that's in manalink and would compries my whishlist, and I'll put stuff that isn't in manalink in a whislist in the manalink forum. If they don't have one, I'll bloody well make one. :)

I'll still go through this all and leave the ones Korath added crossed out out of gratitude and appreciation for all the work he did:

Aven Fisher
Patchwork Gnomes
Krosan Avenger
Nut Collector
Stalking Bloodsucker
Dirty Wererat
Mindslicer
Traumatize
Mental Note
Peek

My updated wishlist below.
Last edited by lujo on 25 Oct 2015, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby Arrabal » 02 Oct 2015, 15:19

Hey thanks for your work. I'd love to see these cards in the game to complete my sliver deck:

| Open
Ancient Ziggurat
Cavern of Souls
Sliver Hive
Arrabal

Postby Zero Cool » 03 Oct 2015, 01:35

would love to see....
to play with or use in Ai decks
| Open
Aurelia, the Warleader
Arcanis the Omnipotent
Eternal Witness
Razia, Boros Archangel
Cataclysm(this one may be bad for the ai)
Balefire Liege - sorry this one already in the game
Fumiko the Lowblood
Decimate
Strands of Night
Serra Avatar
Basandra, Battle Seraph
Path to Exile
Searing Meditation
Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Suffocating Blast

For Dungeon/Castle Cards to start in play
| Open
Well of Lost Dreams
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Glory of Warfare
Mirari's Wake
Furnace of Rath

Idealy castles would have Planeswalkers that start in play and Dungeons would have enchantments/artifacts/lands but I don't see Planeswalkers added anytime soon.

**edit would also love to see Flagstones of Trokair
Zero Cool

Postby lujo » 26 Oct 2015, 02:18

Updating my whishlist. Well, writing a completely new one with searching manalink before I post anything, focusing on things which are bloody necessary for lower tier opponents and fleshing out archetypes. And I'll make a mana link whishlist, too, for that forum.

| Open
My current whishlist

Exploration

Prey Upon , Savage Punch - and anything else with "Fight". It's already on Tracker, just not keyworded. Green becomes a much more interesting color with a bunch of this around.

Ancient Stirrings - Eldrazi essential (but with a wider aplication)
Warriors' Lesson - Green Heroic and Card draw essential.

---
Thick-Skinned Goblin - A very useful goblin if he can be added.

Slumbering Dragon - This would make a great dungeon card, I'd love to try it out in that capacity (and have it in the pool in general)

Dwarven Armorer - I just realized this guy might have counter issues. He is, however, a (cheap) discard outlet and a useful Dwarf (for flavoring enemies).

Slavering Nulls - This is too good to believe, I've played with it. Could be really useful with Djinns and Dragons. In fact it would have been in my Dracur rework already if it was in the pool

Lunge - This is an Arc Spell, the AI loves those as it tends to throw burn at creatures anyway. It's also a rather strong Arc spell.

Viashino Racketeer - Also red card draw/filtering which doesn't have brutal stats. Would be very wellcome.

---

Buried Alive - Is this actually in and I don't know about it?

Churning Eddy - It's self explanatory, but if Aven Fogbringer gets into Manalink, putting those 2 in a deck makes it have a theme just from them.

Taigam's Scheming , Mulch - these seem to be in Mana Link, and there are a few similar cards in.

Cycles

Anger / Valor / Wonder / Filth / Brawn
(There are also Genesis, Glory and Riftstone Portal, but they have activated abilities, and I don't consider them as important for deckbuilding)

---

Bet you I could make an AI deck or two with these (not sure if they're in Manalink, though):

Rishadan Footpad
Rishadan Cutpurse
Rishadan Brigand

EDIT: Also updated after going through it all to see if I missed something being in somehow. And I did - ty Korath for adding Keeper of Kookus (and Kookus !). Sry for going on about Need For Speed and being a nuisance in general.

EDIT 2: Updated the whishlist.
Last edited by lujo on 15 Sep 2016, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
---

lujo

Postby lujo » 15 Dec 2015, 05:48

Any chance of Sage of Epityr making it in? It's kind of a cornerstone for Wizard tribal, looks very stupid but is a 4 of in any build you can find around the net, pretty much. Any decent one, at any rate.

It's a Ponder you can later tap for Patron Wizard and Azami, Lady of Scrolls.

I don't personally have any investment in the card or the archetype myself, but it'd make the archetype usable for the AI and most key players are in there allready.

Information Dealer is also prety key, too, only less so because nothing's so omnipresent as the sage and Patron Wizard.
---

lujo

Postby vinnie » 23 Dec 2015, 18:45

but it was not possible to add new cards in shandalar?
vinnie

Postby stassy » 25 Dec 2015, 16:10

It wasn't until Korath gave it a go and succeeded...
stassy

Postby vinnie » 26 Dec 2015, 18:47

Thanks for reply.
One last off-topic message.
I loved shalandar and I think I'll try soon the patch, I just want to wait that there is a more stable release (as only a matter of laziness to install everything, in addition to find all package, I must install windows on vbox, and after put shalandar on them because I use Linux).

I have another stupid question, How do you script cards? Each card has separated IA? Is possible to see some code examples?
vinnie

Postby gmzombie » 27 Dec 2015, 16:45

i assume you mean program cards into the game? if so there is a src folder with every manalink update and if look at the cards folder you can see in each set in a .c and for most of the recent sets like BFZ you can see Korath has taken the time to put in the exact details of the card then code when available. What type of programming experience do you have vinnie? Most of the code has been converted to C but there still is a bit of code in the old ASM but most of that i believe, and feel free to correct me if im wrong, in game engine, AI and visuals if i recall.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar