It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:45

Text Size

Shandalar SVE Tool v0.2

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shandalar SVE Tool v0.1a

Postby Mr.C » 20 Jul 2015, 01:37

Whenever I try and open it, it hangs of creating prices.csv. It also crashes Shandalar. Ideas?
Mr.C

Re: Shandalar SVE Tool v0.2

Postby CirothUngol » 22 Jul 2015, 02:39

I've updated SVEtool to v0.2. Check out the OP and grab it from one of the links in my signature.
Mr.C wrote:Whenever I try and open it, it hangs of creating prices.csv. It also crashes Shandalar. Ideas?
Do you have admin permissions in the Shandalar folder? Did you extract it to \Program Files (x86)\? If so, move it (or better yet, reinstall it) and try creating prices.csv directly. In Win7 Shift/Right-Click on the Shandalar Program folder, select 'Open command window here', and type in this command: Shandalar.exe --show-pricesI assume by 'crashes Shandalar' you mean the game crashes when you load the saved game? Please install as detailed in this post, make sure you have permissions to write in the folder you've extracted it to (I use C:\Games\Manalink3\), and that prices.csv has been created in the Shandalar Program folder, then please try again.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Mr.C » 29 Jul 2015, 05:53

Made a new folder on the desktop, copied the contents of the MagicTG root directory to it, copied the magic3.sve from the VirtualStore foil to the same folder and put SVETool in it. Then I just copy the changed SVE back to the VirtualStore folder when I'm done.

I'm sure someone will have the same issue and is also too lazy to reinstall it :D
Mr.C

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 20 Oct 2015, 11:30

Hey CirothUngol, thought it was about time I dropped a message into this topic.

I download your tool and went to try it out but as I'm not on my home PC at the moment I don't have Shandalar installed and hence no Shandalar.exe. As a result the program closes straight away and there is no way for me to have a poke around, look at the menus, the options and so on. I'd suggest changing this so that you can still run the program even if Shandalar isn't installed.

I'll try it out again at a later date on my home PC.

In the meantime I've got a user on my site asking about the Tome of Enlightenment world magic. Apparently in my tool the toggle to show you have / don't have it works but it doesn't actually result in your character getting the resultant bonus it is meant to bring. There must be additional data that is set when buying the Tome which is something for you to watch out for if you haven't noticed already.

To any of the admins reading (Huggybaby, BogWraith?) I'd recommend making this topic a sticky in place of my one. I've no plans to return to my editor to keep it updated with the latest Shandalar dev and although my editor is clearly much cooler :wink: I think CirothUngol deserves the space more than me.

I'll also update my site to mention this topic (cough http://www.mybrillgamesite.com/projects/?id=93 cough)
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Postby Korath » 20 Oct 2015, 13:32

The Tome isn't handled any different than any of the other worldmagics. They do all need to be set in two places, though:
  • one bit in the SHANDALAR_worldmagics_owned bitfield (1 if the player has it, 0 if not; Tome of Enlightenment is bit 5)
  • the city it's sold in - Scards[worldmagic_index].worldmagic_city - has to be 0 if the player has it, or a city index if not.
Which place is looked for when checking to see if a player has a worldmagic varies depending on what's doing the checking; the deckbuilder looks in the latter, so I suspect you're only setting the bit in SHANDALAR_worldmagics_owned.

Scards[] is stored immediately after SHANDALAR_worldmagics_owned in savegames. Each item in the array is a four-int struct; worldmagic_city is the third int, and worldmagic_index will be 5 again for Tome of Enlightenment.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 21 Oct 2015, 12:14

Thanks Korath, that makes sense and sounds easier than I expected.

Have pointed the person here anyway so hopefully he'll sign up and can help continue the development around Shandalar.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Previous

Return to Shandalar