It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:54

Text Size

Shandalar get_rarity error

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar get_rarity error

Postby blueatmosphere » 15 Nov 2015, 12:47

Hey everyone, I am amazed by all the work put into Shandalar to make this awesome game even more awesome. I have played the original many years ago and am really looking forward to play this version, however, after running shandalar.exe I get the following error:

The procedure entry point get_rarity could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Magic\Manalink3\Program\shandalar.dll.

The other applications Deck, Magic and Manalink are working fine. The search function on the forum netted no results, so hence my new topic. Do any of you have an idea what is wrong and how to solve it?

I followed these steps (http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183809#p183809)
1) Download the archive Manalink3_20150325.7z found at one of the links in my signature. Extract it to a neutral folder where you have full permissions (ie. not C:\Program Files\).

2) Look inside the new \Manalink3\ folder and click on the batch file Manalink_Launcher.cmd to install the default Mods for Manalink 3. When the Launcher returns to the Main Menu hit 'ESC' to exit.

3) Download the archive Shandalar Korath preAlpha ThievesHideout1.7z from one of the links in my signature, move it to the '\Manalink3\' folder created by the previous archive, and extract it in place to update the '\Program\' folder with all of the Shandalar goodness. This archive contains all of the essential files to run Shandalar + all enemy animations and remaining sound files + Korath's Thieves Hideout 1 preAlpha update + SVEtool v0.2.

4) Open the folder \Manalink3\Program\ and click on Shandalar.exe to start the game.

I've omitted CardArt from the Manalink 3 download to minimize it's size, but Sonic's CardArt downloads for this release can be found here on MediaFire:
CardArtManalink_2012.zip
CardArtUpdates_2012_2014.zip
CardArtUpdate_March2015.zip
Extract the first archive to create the folder \CardArtManalink\. Extract the other two archives and place all of the image files into \CardArtManalink\, then move the folder into \Manalink3\Program\. Complete folder should contain 14076 image files.
All hail Sonic, huzzah!
blueatmosphere

Re: Shandalar get_rarity error

Postby Korath » 15 Nov 2015, 19:02

Cutting-and-pasting the instructions doesn't tell us anything. In particular, did Shandalar.dll and Drawcardlib.dll (which is where get_rarity is) end up in the same directory?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby blueatmosphere » 16 Nov 2015, 02:43

With the availability of multiple instructions on this website I thought it might be relevant which set I followed. I'm just trying to provide any information that may help solve the issue.

DrawCardLib.dll and Shandalar.dll are in the same directory. The 'Program' directory where the executables also are.
blueatmosphere

Postby Korath » 16 Nov 2015, 03:55

Perhaps it didn't get overwritten, and you're still using the Manalink drawcardlib? That won't have get_rarity(). (The filesize of drawcardlib.dll for all releases in the Thieves Hideout and Nomad's Bazaar series is 275075; Manalink versions are 238685 and below.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby blueatmosphere » 16 Nov 2015, 05:34

That did indeed seem to be the case, thank you very much!
blueatmosphere

Return to Shandalar