It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:52

Text Size

.dll error

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

.dll error

Postby Brother Silence » 15 Nov 2015, 16:27

Before I explain the problem I'm running into, I would first like to offer my sincerest gratitude to all involved with the project of updating Shandalar from its original form. I loved the original game and spent more hours playing it than I care to remember and/or admit.

That said, thus far my efforts to get the game installed and running have me with failure and any assistance in getting the game up and running would be greatly appreciated. The steps I have taken are as follows:

1. Created Shandalar folder on Desktop.
2. Downloaded Manalink3_20150325 and Shandalar-892-g4223445-NomadsBazaar1.
3. Extracted .zips into Shandalar folder in the order of Shandalar followed by Manalink3, then ran Manalink3 to update it. Exited Manalink3.
4. Attempted to launch Shandalar, resutling in "The program can't start because image.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Any input on fixing this issue is greatly appreciated. Very much looking forward to being able to play an updated version of Shandalar.
Brother Silence

Re: .dll error

Postby gmzombie » 15 Nov 2015, 17:31

check your manalink3 zip file for the image.dll. it should be in there unless maybe your antivirus took it away? it should be in the program folder with the rest of the main files.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Brother Silence » 15 Nov 2015, 18:31

Actually, after tinkering with the install a bit, I resolved the issue with the image.dll file. Now I'm getting missing CdTools.dll. That does not appear to be in either of the .zip files that I can find.
Brother Silence

Postby Korath » 15 Nov 2015, 19:03

You've omitted several steps, and did the ones you did do in the wrong order.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Shandalar