It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:21

Text Size

Can we make a forum for the latest installs with instruction

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Can we make a forum for the latest installs with instruction

Postby notCOOL » 19 Dec 2015, 02:19

Hello all. I would like to install shandalar but there seams to be some confusion on what is the right installation. There is an install for shandalar 2012 but it reads not to use that one but go to this other thread that then says go to the bottom but then you click on it and go the to bottom it clicks on a link that then says

Installation directions: If this is your first installation(witch it is my first instillation)
Install Shandalar from any of the recent versions posted in this forum. (But no link to a full download)

Ok. Can there be a thread with current version with directions on how to install and configre it. Not a link to a link to a another link that then says that I need to go look for another one? It makes me not trust the installation procedure as well as not able to find a full download. Am I missing something?
notCOOL

Re: Can we make a forum for the latest installs with instruc

Postby xerofax » 23 Jan 2016, 12:53

I would like to bump this and ask, why nothing happens in answer to this thread? I see that Korath keeps updating his Update-Thread, but you can't tinker together a working and up-to-date version of Shandalar in a reasonable amount of time. The "Shandalar 2012 Install" Thread gives a working download, but huge amount of cards seem to be missing. A simple sticky would deal with this problem...
xerofax

Postby dingbat1 » 23 Jan 2016, 14:29

It's actually intentional.
There are a couple of reasons as to why it's not changing, but you'd have to read the appropriate posts to find out what those reasons are (sorry, I don't have time to look it up right now)
dingbat1

Postby xerofax » 23 Jan 2016, 16:24

To not at least have all informations and links in the same place still makes no sense. Why hide pieces of the answer on random pages of a 1000 page book when you can write it on a post-it...
It's not that I'm lazy, but you can't expect to read a whole forum from someone, this shouldn't be a scientific study^^
xerofax

Postby gmzombie » 23 Jan 2016, 20:15

Everything you need to know to install shandalar is in the shandalar updates pre alpha edition thread. That is one page and in the middle I think now the most recent updated instructions. Now manalink itself is a whole other ball of wax as it has a new update that isn't compatible with shandalar at the moment. So if you are just looking to play shandalar follow the instructions in the shandalar update pre alpha edition thread too a t and you will have it working. If you want manalink too you will have tomorrow the instructions on manalink and make sure you have a separate folder for the newest manalink as like I said bit isn't compatible and will break shandalar.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby xerofax » 24 Jan 2016, 19:12

Yeah, that thread, well, it has a nice "current version" link on the lowest post that guide you somewhere were you... cant just download what you need. Why not have it all in one place, without NEEDLESS searching arround. Make it easy for everybody, not just the people who know the forums from head to toe. :(
One Sticky, the information (not links to post, just the stuff) in the first post, is that really such a big problem? Do you really think, WOTC would be shutting this down any quicker (according to the preAlpha thread, thats the reason fo the complexity/unusability) ?
xerofax

Postby dingbat1 » 24 Jan 2016, 22:19

well, everyone is busy. If you want to give back to the community, please make the post.
dingbat1

Postby xerofax » 25 Jan 2016, 15:17

If I would make the post it would be the same as now, because I could just give links to the stuff/forum posts that is (presumably) the most recent. I can't even get something to run on my own machine that does not give me errors or can at least be called semi-stable :(
xerofax

Return to Shandalar