It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:50

Text Size

Time For Me to Step Down & Say Thanks To You All!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Time For Me to Step Down & Say Thanks To You All!

Postby friarsol » 02 Mar 2016, 16:13

Thanks for all the hard work as a Global Mod. I know even just trying to keep the flood of people that find the Forge forums can feel like a part time job, let alone trying to track it across all of the projects that live on the slightlymagic boards.

Glad you aren't leaving for good, and hope you continue to enjoy Forge. I'd write much more, but someone keeps bugging me about Shared Fate not functioning ;p
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Bog Wraith » 03 Mar 2016, 05:00

drdev,

Thank you for your kind words & for your continued work on Forge. We are lucky that you did in fact not get a gig with WotC as your contribution to Forge is extremely important & valued. Thanks for your commitment & for your efforts!.

Sol, you're beautiful baby!

You got me so good that I actually, really, no bullshit... laughed out loud! :lol:

I thank you for all the help you've given me over the years with the myriad of questions I've thrown your way. Whether they were rules related or Forge related, it never took me long at all to get the answer I needed which got me back to playing this great app that you & the Forge crew have nurtured over the time I've been here.

You're one of the best here in these forums that are already full of outstanding people, so you know how highly I think of you!

Well, got to get back to Forge & try & figure out why my Shared Fate decks never seem to work. Oh well, must be some slacker programmer who can't ever get the bugs straightened out, I'll wager! :P
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby TheNyGuy » 05 Mar 2016, 16:58

I am consistently impressed by the selfless work that all the contributors/programmers put into this project.

Thank you so much and best of luck in all aspects of your life!
TheNyGuy

Postby FranAvalon » 09 Mar 2016, 15:05

Time past very fast, very fast. When I was reading this thread, a lot of good moments come back to my memory. I miss that time.

Take care and I hope that everything will be nice in your life.

Regards

Fran
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 10 Mar 2016, 06:13

TheNyGuy wrote:I am consistently impressed by the selfless work that all the contributors/programmers put into this project.

Thank you so much and best of luck in all aspects of your life!
Thank you for that, it is very much appreciated!

FranAvalon wrote:Time past very fast, very fast. When I was reading this thread, a lot of good moments come back to my memory. I miss that time.

Take care and I hope that everything will be nice in your life.

Regards

Fran
Thank you Fran. It was a special time back when Mok got us all together & invited us into his group that began testing the additions that he was making to ManaLink.
Yes, time does go by much too fast, but what makes the journey worthwhile are the people who we surround ourselves with.

I consider that group we were all in together as one of the best bunch of people I was ever fortunate to be around.

Merci Fran un mille fois pour tout ce que vous avez apporté au groupe et plus encore, pour votre amitié! :)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Mar 2016, 10:34

I want to thank you for your great work here,too.
You,Huggybaby,FranAvalon,gmzombie,stassy and others I might forget (sorry guys)that grouped again the great team of devs,testers from the old site to this great site and by doing so helped the development to keep on have my gratitude for all the pleasure I had playing,learning,and being a member of Manalink.It is astonishing how much Microprose's MTG has been developed from then in it's new great home.
I remember how sad I was when I found that the old site was down and I couldn't find anywhere to download my beloved Microprose's MTG = Manalink fixed for newer systems + the new cards that Mok had added.In contrast I was so,so happy when around November 2009 I found this site and all the new goodies that devs made for us.I became a member here few months later in May 2010 so I didn't have the honour of being a member of Moks team but certainly glad I could become a member of Manalink's great community from that day on.You and couple other members here are also the reason that I picked a card's name for my nickname - Aswan Jaguar - and not the one I use elsewhere as I found it better suited for the case.
Thanks for all the work to keep things in this great site organised,and civil which I appreciate greatly. =D>
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Bog Wraith » 14 Mar 2016, 04:39

Well, I might have been mistaken in that you weren't part of the original team, but to me, that is the way I look at you & your tremendous contribution to where ManaLink was and where it is today.

I value you & all that you've done here for the community throughout the years & consider you among the most important & long lasting contributors to what has been done for the game. Not only that, but I also consider you one of the best at helping our members find the things that they are searching for and also in the way you handle questions, especially from newer members who are just getting their feet wet here.

Thank you for your kind words and especially, for all the work you have done here in helping to make this site the great destination for MTG that it is! :)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby PikWik » 20 Mar 2016, 21:12

Thank you for all of your work here at CCGHQ. I first started playing magic back in the ~mid-late nighties (ice age, 4th edition) and would pick it up and lose track of it from time to time. Always coming back for some fun games with my brother and friends, when we had the time to play. There are so many different themed decks and ways to win in MTG, from discard, to lethal damage, to stasis, to the odd 'worldgorger' strategies. I truly enjoy learning new combos and effective ways to build decks and playtest!

I found out about online MTG thru Mtgplay (which became OCTGN) when I found card scans. OCTGN is a decent start but nowhere near the caliber of playing that forge creates. Having the rules built in and seeing each phase of play is a must, IMO. That and honestly, online magic is the quickest and most reliable way for me to play. So glad I found forge as it has really made me a better player. I understand the game mechanics alot better and see strategies that I didn't before (with declaring attack, if they choose not to block, then pump up a creature, & others...)

But anyway, thanks for all your hard work. It's people like you that keep indie projects afloat for others to enjoy,

You've done your job !!
PikWik

Postby mathusalem » 15 Apr 2016, 12:56

I jut passing by after a long time and came across your post.
I'm very sorry to read that you are not well
I hope that will get better and that these health problems will be solved with some good rest (and good medication of course.
I thank you a lot for your dedication to this forum and for everything that you did for such a long time for manalink.
I hope you will give us some good news soon.
best, best wishes !
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Apr 2016, 14:35

PikWik wrote:Thank you for all of your work here at CCGHQ. I first started playing magic back in the ~mid-late nighties (ice age, 4th edition) and would pick it up and lose track of it from time to time. Always coming back for some fun games with my brother and friends, when we had the time to play. There are so many different themed decks and ways to win in MTG, from discard, to lethal damage, to stasis, to the odd 'worldgorger' strategies. I truly enjoy learning new combos and effective ways to build decks and playtest!

But anyway, thanks for all your hard work. It's people like you that keep indie projects afloat for others to enjoy,

You've done your job !!
Thank you for your kind words PikWik. I very much appreciate them & you. It always has made everything we've done here worthwhile when we realize that the quality of the people like you who are members here are our reason for doing so! :)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Apr 2016, 14:46

mathusalem wrote:I jut passing by after a long time and came across your post.
I'm very sorry to read that you are not well
I hope that will get better and that these health problems will be solved with some good rest (and good medication of course.
I thank you a lot for your dedication to this forum and for everything that you did for such a long time for manalink.
I hope you will give us some good news soon.
best, best wishes !
Forgive my double post here as I know it's not standard procedure, but in this case, I have a special reason.

Mathy, you are without a doubt, one of the first people who always comes to my mind when I think of the great people I've met playing this great game, but even more so, as one of the original members of Mok's team. Your contribution over the years to ManaLink and to our little community was as important as anyone else who ever was part of this.

Truth be told, I've missed you not being as actively involved as you used to, but I understand that real life, family & otherwise, makes things change over time. It happens to all of us sooner or later.

Thank you for your well wishes & for your words. They mean so very much to me, coming from someone I so highly respect & admire as a friend & comrade like you.

Merci Bien, mon ami! :D 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Previous

Return to Shandalar