It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:16

Text Size

Time For Me to Step Down & Say Thanks To You All!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Time For Me to Step Down & Say Thanks To You All!

Postby Bog Wraith » 26 Feb 2016, 12:08

Due to health concerns & other events in my real life, I am stepping down as the Global Moderator for CCGHQ. This is not goodbye, but a transition from a more active role into a quieter, less involved one.

I am proud of the work that I have done here, but mostly I'm very satisfied in how the transition from the old web site that went offline with no warning, was accomplished in literally a day or so. In fact, it was February 23, 2009 when we made the switch here thanks to a number of folks you can see here who got the word out via email & otherwise to get our members notified of where we were going to set up shop:

viewtopic.php?p=9482#p9482

That particular thread was very interesting & nostalgic to read again & it shows what a great community of people we had and then merged with another wonderful group of folks that were already here. We were welcomed and made to feel at home right from the start & that in no small way has to do with the quality of folks who populated this forum that took us ManaLink orphans in.

So this being almost 7 years to the day since that time, feels like the right time for me to walk away from my post here. The forum is healthy & full of great people who do some incredibly great things, all because we continue to love the game of Magic: The Gathering, which IMHO, is one of if not the best game ever created & that's not just hyperbole either!

I will continue to file bug reports for Forge which over the last few years has become the way I mostly play & interact with the game, while of course playing with & continuing to marvel at the development of Shandalar, which will always be for me, the heart of the love that I have for Magic!

So for all matters here, but especially for new members who are seeking help, I ask that the mods from their respected forums step in and guide anyone who is in need and direct them where they need to go. I know there is a number of you guys here who do this all the time & are damn good at it, so keep doing what you do.

I'm fairly sure within time, there will be someone appointed to this position, although I will leave that up to the admin's here to decide what they want to do.

Now the hard part.

I want to make sure to thank a number of people, but I know I'll probably forget to name a few that I want to include in this, so please forgive me if I do so.

All the guys in the ManaLink & Shandalar forums, especially the developers like Jatill & Korath who have & continue to do incredible work.

gmzombie, stassy, Aswan jaguar, mathusalem, FranAvalon (who is with the BotArena and DeckBot forum), CirothUngol, are all part of Mok's original team. We've been friends a long time & I am a better person for knowing & working with you crazy guys since those very special days when all this was new! Again, forgive me if I left anyone out.

I must mention & thank again Mok for getting this whole thing started, a loooonnng time ago. I hope you are well, where ever you are!

The folks in the Forge forum are also a very special bunch, especially guys like friarsol, better known as Sol, Chris H., timmermac, Marek 14, KrazyTheFox & Agetian. There are others of course, but these are the guys it has been my pleasure to interact with. Also, a special tip of the hat goes out to mtgrares!

A special thank you goes to the guy that makes this site possible, Goblin Hero. I have not had much interaction with GH over the years, but his commitment & dedication in keeping CCGHQ the best site of it's kind, hands down, on the web, is to be appreciated and grateful for!

Last, but really first, I & all of us here owe the biggest thanks to Huggybaby! Him & I became friends a number of years before the ManaLink group ever came to this site. Huggy was instrumental in setting up the entire layout of the forums here at CCGHQ and for helping to get it off the ground and running. I will always be indebted to him for his fast thinking and deft touch in getting us set up as fast & easy as it was handled. We owe the smooth transition to this place to him.

Most of all, Huggy has become a close friend of mine, as close as two folks can get who have actually never met! Internet friendships are a relatively new phenomena, one that is becoming more common with social media & the other methods of communicating with people that technology has afforded us. I value my friendship with him beyond measure & look forward to many more years of knowing, he is my friend!

Thank you, my old friend! :D
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Time For Me to Step Down & Say Thanks To You All!

Postby Agetian » 26 Feb 2016, 16:15

Thank you so much for everything you've done for our community here, friend! Trust my word, we all deeply appreciate all your contributions over the years, and it'll be a big pleasure to stay in touch with you and keep communicating even if your role will become a bit quieter! :) If you ever have any questions for me or would like to discuss something, I'll be happy to stay in touch and help out to the best of my ability! ;)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Fizanko » 26 Feb 2016, 20:55

Thanks for all that you did my friend, take a good care of yourself and i hope everything will be better in your life.
See you on the boards :)
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Feb 2016, 01:52

Agetian wrote:Thank you so much for everything you've done for our community here, friend! Trust my word, we all deeply appreciate all your contributions over the years, and it'll be a big pleasure to stay in touch with you and keep communicating even if your role will become a bit quieter! :) If you ever have any questions for me or would like to discuss something, I'll be happy to stay in touch and help out to the best of my ability! ;)

- Agetian
Your words left me speechless. It is truly one of the nicest, classiest things it has ever been my privilege to read about someone's opinion about me.

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, if you new me personally, you would know that it would take quite the Herculean effort or deed to prevent me from flapping my gums! :wink:

I am honoured sir, thank you!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Feb 2016, 02:01

Fizanko wrote:Thanks for all that you did my friend, take a good care of yourself and i hope everything will be better in your life.
See you on the boards :)
This is kinda spooky, in a good way!

Sitting at dinner with my wife this evening I mentioned that I new I would forget some of the names i wanted to mention to thank when I wrote my post this morning. Your name was the first name that I mentioned to her as it occurred to me while we talked about it.

Thank you for the interactivity we have had over the years & even more so, for the wonderful Quest world of Innistrad you created for Forge. Next to Shandalar, Innistrad is my favourite plane in the multiverse & I look forward in seeing what you might do with your world when we soon return to that plane come April with Shadows Over Innistrad! 8)
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby triol » 27 Feb 2016, 09:33

Hope your IRL will go fine and thanks for everything BW :)
triol

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Feb 2016, 14:06

triol wrote:Hope your IRL will go fine and thanks for everything BW :)
Merci beaucoup pour vos aimables paroles, mon ami.
Il a été mon plaisir et l'honneur d'avoir cette position!

After living in Toronto for 30 years, I returned home to my beloved city of Montreal last July. It is wonderful to be back where I belong, once again!
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Xitax » 27 Feb 2016, 21:11

Thank you so much for your contributions!
Xitax

Postby horseoftroy » 28 Feb 2016, 06:01

Thank you Bog Wraith

Thanks for all MTG CCGHQ Scanners & Uploaders

Thanks for all Games developers

Thank you Slightly Magic

Because of you all I learned MTG

Because of you all I can now play MTG

Thanks can't give you what you're really deserve , you all are deserve beyond thanks , but that's the whole what I can do

God bless you all
Last edited by horseoftroy on 28 Feb 2016, 08:52, edited 1 time in total.
horseoftroy

Postby Agetian » 28 Feb 2016, 08:28

Bog Wraith wrote:Your words left me speechless. It is truly one of the nicest, classiest things it has ever been my privilege to read about someone's opinion about me.
Thank you for your kind words. Indeed, if you new me personally, you would know that it would take quite the Herculean effort or deed to prevent me from flapping my gums! :wink:
I am honoured sir, thank you!
The pleasure is mine! :) I hope that your health concerns will be addressed, too!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 28 Feb 2016, 17:36

Bog it has been a pleasure to work with you man. You will be missed as a Global mod but i hope it wont keep you away from the boards as a normal quieter poster. We go way back from i believe the original manalink de forum when mok was creating the original alphas. Quite a long time ago and im just glad we could get most of the people back from the original forum going down. It has been a long time friend but most of all dont be a stranger to the manalink forum. Gargaroz and Korath have done wonders with manalink and specifically Korath for Shandalar and i dont think it would be the same without you buddy. I remember vividly when the forum went down and i spent hours trying to go through everything to find emails and whatnot with peoples info so we could tell them what site to goto. It was a trying time but im very greatful for everybody here at CCGHQ for allowing us to come in and setup shop. We got to see a return to Mok, albeit just for a short time, and i was surprised as when i emailed him he told me he wouldnt come back due to not having enough interest, the removal of the 2000 card lock on manalink, and a change in Shandalar. What a great time to be a player for this. Anyways im rumbling on lol just wanted to say thanks and see you on the boards man.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby RanDomino » 29 Feb 2016, 01:15

Thanks for all your work supporting these awesome projects
RanDomino

Postby Bog Wraith » 29 Feb 2016, 13:32

gmzombie wrote:Bog it has been a pleasure to work with you man. You will be missed as a Global mod but i hope it wont keep you away from the boards as a normal quieter poster. We go way back from i believe the original manalink de forum when mok was creating the original alphas. Quite a long time ago and im just glad we could get most of the people back from the original forum going down. It has been a long time friend but most of all dont be a stranger to the manalink forum. Gargaroz and Korath have done wonders with manalink and specifically Korath for Shandalar and i dont think it would be the same without you buddy. I remember vividly when the forum went down and i spent hours trying to go through everything to find emails and whatnot with peoples info so we could tell them what site to goto. It was a trying time but im very greatful for everybody here at CCGHQ for allowing us to come in and setup shop. We got to see a return to Mok, albeit just for a short time, and i was surprised as when i emailed him he told me he wouldnt come back due to not having enough interest, the removal of the 2000 card lock on manalink, and a change in Shandalar. What a great time to be a player for this. Anyways im rumbling on lol just wanted to say thanks and see you on the boards man.
Thank you for your kind words my friend. Yes, it's been a long time since those early days with our group that Mok hand picked from the original MWS forums. It is heart warming to see that many are still active from those days here at CCGHQ, but also sad that some of them aren't involved very much anymore. Either way, I am very grateful for those days and for all that has happened since we moved here.

Thank you again to all the other folks who have left me their thoughts & best wishes, it means allot to me! :D
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby drdev » 29 Feb 2016, 16:20

I wanted to chime in with my thanks as well. Before I discovered slightlymagic and Forge, I was a resigned former MTGO player who gave up after V4 and desperately wished for something that could scratch my Magic itch without continuing to pay to play a progressively worse user interface. As a software developer, I'd even created software for the community to help make the experience more bearable for myself and others. But what I wanted more than anything was for Wizards to hire me so I could create the MTGO I always wanted. A pipe dream for sure, and one I'd have had to sacrifice a lot to have even a chance to achieve.

With Forge and its fantastic developers and community, I have now achieved that dream, and without having to give up a career and job that I love since working on Forge is just a fun side gig. The reception to my contributions, like the improved desktop UI, Android app, and achievements has been really fulfilling, and none of it would have possible without people like you at the helm.

Thank you so much and best wishes for your future.
-Dan
drdev
Programmer

Postby Liu Zhulianbao » 01 Mar 2016, 04:17

虽然我是个中国人,但是对于你们对万智牌的无私奉献,我真的很感动,虽然不认识你们,但我会一直关注你们。
Liu Zhulianbao

Next

Return to Shandalar