It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:48

Text Size

Installation problems Mac OSX 10.10.5

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Installation problems Mac OSX 10.10.5

Postby forgivemyhonesty » 20 Mar 2016, 19:35

Hey guys,

I used to play MTG and Shandalar years ago and I'm hoping to get Shandalar up and running again. I'm not the most technically savvy person and have downloaded Shandalar2015.rar, unzipped it and tried clicking on the Shandalar.exe but it says "The contents of the file "Shandalar.exe" can not be extracted with this program."

Would someone be kind enough to provide super simple installation instructions for mac (if possible, seeing a lot of windows users here).

Also, is it possible to play the original version of the game? I'm excited about the updates and apparently using modern cards and stuff, but the original was also pretty awesome too.

Any help would be appreciated and bless the bunch of you for bringing this game back from obscurity.
forgivemyhonesty

Re: Installation problems Mac OSX 10.10.5

Postby Bog Wraith » 20 Mar 2016, 20:53

forgivemyhonesty wrote:Hey guys,

I used to play MTG and Shandalar years ago and I'm hoping to get Shandalar up and running again. I'm not the most technically savvy person and have downloaded Shandalar2015.rar, unzipped it and tried clicking on the Shandalar.exe but it says "The contents of the file "Shandalar.exe" can not be extracted with this program."

Would someone be kind enough to provide super simple installation instructions for mac (if possible, seeing a lot of windows users here).

Also, is it possible to play the original version of the game? I'm excited about the updates and apparently using modern cards and stuff, but the original was also pretty awesome too.

Any help would be appreciated and bless the bunch of you for bringing this game back from obscurity.
This is a Windows program & does not work on the Mac platform. Any file that ends with ".exe" is a Windows executable file that starts an application & will not work on other platforms.

I am a Mac user but I also have the application Parallels, which is a virtualization application installed on my Mac that lets me run a Windows 7 edition that allows me to install & play Windows programs & games. It works very well & I've been using the app for 7 years now. You will need this application or another virtualization app like VMware Fusion or the free program VirtualBox, although this one needs you to be somewhat experienced in computer operation skills to install & set it up.

The other 2 I mentioned are around $80 U.S. and you need a Windows version OS to install as well.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Shandalar