It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:01

Text Size

[Helpful for new users] Full Package Installs!

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: [Helpful for new users] Full Package Installs!

Postby oreosxe » 24 May 2016, 15:57

Thanks for the link. I ended up using the downloads provided here since they work great with my Windows set up. I edited the ini file as mentioned in the the link you put. Disabled all sets and in the enable file put the list of all the original cards with id's when needed. I get all the right cards and have access to the right cards. Enemies still have decks with new cards, so thats my last thing to tackle.
oreosxe

Postby oreosxe » 24 May 2016, 16:40

Never mind got it all fixed up and things look good now. Thanks for the help and all the work you guys put into it.
oreosxe

Postby vinnie » 24 May 2016, 22:13

Thanks spork! as soon as I can I will try your version (maybe with virtualbox). Works great with win xp over vbox!
Is still the latest?
vinnie

Postby Spork » 29 May 2016, 22:44

Came back to check if there are any major changes or new releases for shandalar and as of now it doesn't appear like there are! So unless I'm mistaken, this post still has the 2 latest versions in full packages! :) I'll pop in somewhat regularly to see if I should update the post.
Spork

Postby Spork » 17 Aug 2016, 01:36

Editlog added, will update post to the super recent versions within a few days!
Spork

Postby Korath » 17 Aug 2016, 02:49

Hold off on HS1; it'll be replaced shortly.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Spork » 18 Aug 2016, 00:30

Alright, cool. I don't stop by here often but I would like to try to keep this page up to date for reference for struggling players. I also tend to link people to this post when I tell them shandalar is being worked on still. (I reference to here on youtube/imgur and as well on cockatrice.)
Spork

Postby TheKillerNacho » 18 Aug 2016, 14:33

Spork wrote:Alright, cool. I don't stop by here often but I would like to try to keep this page up to date for reference for struggling players. I also tend to link people to this post when I tell them shandalar is being worked on still. (I reference to here on youtube/imgur and as well on cockatrice.)
We you could do one for Dragons Lair 2, the bugfix of Dragons Lair 1. Korath released it along side of Abandoned Shrine 1, and works fine. It would be better to have that on the OP than Dragons Lair 1. It's also the latest stable release (HS2 is not going to be marked as stable I believe).
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby ghoti » 07 Dec 2016, 01:12

Hi,
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but
I bought and still have the original disk for MTG (Windows 95). This game was one of my all-time favorites. I got it running on my old XP machine, though the Shandalar part was wonky: way too fast -- just about unplayable. The duels worked okay.
Now, though, with Windows 7, SP1, 64 bit, I've had NO luck in getting this to run. I'm not interested in updated decks with new cards -- would just like to be able to play the game as it was originally designed, with decent resolution (the graphics on the cards were gorgeous!). I'm running 1920 x 1200, but would be happy with some lesser resolution.
Any hope?
Thanks much for any help or suggestions.
-ghoti
ghoti

Postby Korath » 07 Dec 2016, 03:28

The 2010 release should be what you're looking for. I don't know if the torrent's still active. If not, I'd try running under emulation.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby ghoti » 08 Dec 2016, 02:37

Thanks much Korath. I've got it running with only one very minor bug. The character creator will not let me type in my name. There is gibberish in the name blank and I cannot delete it or type over. Small matter though -- I can still play Shandalar.

Some of the cards are slightly different (and I don't think quite as nice) from the orignal cards in my 1997 win95 game, but again not a big deal.

I wonder if there is any way to run the game in higher resolution (full screen) than 1024x768.

Thanks again.

-ghoti
ghoti

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 27 Jan 2017, 08:13

The world needs more Spork
Friendsofsandwiches

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 04 Feb 2017, 16:28

If this is just SL3 and DL1, then no need to repost them. The links are still there.
Also Korgath seems to be around again, he just hasn't been posting to the general forums.
My guess is he's probably cooled off enough now, but has also taken a step or two back from being active.

in all honesty, I'm seriously starting to wonder if the game as it is, needs as many cards as are available out there. I'm starting to wonder if they'd be better off just creating 'block' versions of the game to make it easier to deal with.

Also I've tried installing the 'patches' to these builds, and they don't seem to work terriby well.
Friendsofsandwiches

Postby TheKillerNacho » 05 Feb 2017, 14:52

Friendsofsandwiches wrote:If this is just SL3 and DL1, then no need to repost them. The links are still there.
Also Korgath seems to be around again, he just hasn't been posting to the general forums.
My guess is he's probably cooled off enough now, but has also taken a step or two back from being active.

in all honesty, I'm seriously starting to wonder if the game as it is, needs as many cards as are available out there. I'm starting to wonder if they'd be better off just creating 'block' versions of the game to make it easier to deal with.

Also I've tried installing the 'patches' to these builds, and they don't seem to work terriby well.
The one I posted is Gemcutters' Guild 1, the last release that came out in December 2016.

As I said, Spork did not do a full package of the latest version.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Asheram » 07 Feb 2017, 12:38

Can anyone confirm this download to be safe? It makes my antivirus light up like a christmas tree.
Asheram

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar