It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 18:47

Text Size

Playable cards from Deck Builder to Shandalar

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Playable cards from Deck Builder to Shandalar

Postby Driven247 » 01 Aug 2016, 00:13

Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching this extensively but to no avail. I see Necrotic Ooze in the Deck Builder but it is not in the Shandalar game. I remember reading that Shandalar has a hard cap on the number of cards so I am assuming that I need to take a card out of the playable cards and add Necrotic Ooze in.

If so, how do I do this? Or is there another reason it is not in the Shandalar game (i am assuming it is not there since I was unable to find it a Nomad's Bazaar)

Thanks in advance!
Driven247

Re: Playable cards from Deck Builder to Shandalar

Postby Rawky » 01 Aug 2016, 02:25

Sounds like you're using the ManaLink deck builder, which doesn't have all the same cards.

Necrotic Ooze is not currently in Shandalar.
Rawky

Postby dingbat1 » 01 Aug 2016, 17:29

Driven247 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've tried searching this extensively but to no avail. I see Necrotic Ooze in the Deck Builder but it is not in the Shandalar game. I remember reading that Shandalar has a hard cap on the number of cards so I am assuming that I need to take a card out of the playable cards and add Necrotic Ooze in.

If so, how do I do this? Or is there another reason it is not in the Shandalar game (i am assuming it is not there since I was unable to find it a Nomad's Bazaar)

Thanks in advance!
First, please note that Shandalar is distinct from Manalink. Shandalar had some programming hurdles, such as a hard cap. Manalink was more modable, and has been developed to add more and more cards over the years.
Recently, Korath was able to overcome the hard cap in Shandalar, and has been developing it further. However, each card needs to be individually coded to work properly in Shandalar, and cannot simply be added or swapped out at will.

Note: manalink used a number of workarounds and approximations, particularly on cards with troublesome effects. Korath is recoding every card in a manner that makes them play correctly. Therefore, just because a card is available in Manalink, that doesn't mean it's available in Shandalar, or that it's likely to be available in Shandalar any time soon. Korath regularly provides updates and explanations as to why certain effects are not (currently) feasible.
| Open
Korath tends to work in batches, so cards with similar effects/problems tend to be added in the same release, so it's just a matter of waiting for Korath to tackle a particular problem
dingbat1

Postby Rawky » 02 Aug 2016, 11:04

In the meantime, if you want a deckbuilder that uses the Shandalar card set, including the cards revealed to be included in the next build, you can use the Magic Assistant database project here.
Rawky

Postby Korath » 02 Aug 2016, 17:31

Or you could use Shandalar's internal deckbuilder by running "Shandalar -d" from a command-line or shortcut. That'll be more primitive than Magic Assistant, of course, but it'll always have an up-to-date card list for the version of Shandalar you have installed.

(Don't hold your breath waiting for Necrotic Ooze, by the way.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby BarlakCWB » 05 Apr 2017, 14:20

Oh, now I can see why some cards don't work in Shandalar. I have Shandalar 2015, and Avatar of Woe, Griselbrand, Grave Titan and other cards aren't working. Their triggered/activated abillities, I mean.

Is there any patch for this yet?
Thank you.
BarlakCWB

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 24 Apr 2017, 22:46

When you say shandalar 2015, which exact patch are you reffering to?
I know I've seen grave titan in one of the later patches, (one that uses eldritch moon cards)
But not so much on earlier patches. (The BfZ and theros patches)
It should be noted that many cards just can't be run in shandalar if for no other reason then the AI goes massively stupid with them.
(cycling, which is a great mechanic, won't work with the AI because of said stupidty. Land cycling would be relatively easy to deal with. If X lands are out, priority cycling. But what about creatures and instants and spells?)
The other problem is with cards with multiple effects on them, like that one you posted.
You have so much stuff going on, that the game engine goes 'WTF is this $***?' and flips the virtual table over and kicks you out of it's house.

Also, I have a bad feeling that shandalar won't be seeing much if any more upgrades as of late.
Friendsofsandwiches

Return to Shandalar