It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:25

Text Size

Few things I notice in my current run in Shandalar world.

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Few things I notice in my current run in Shandalar world.

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Sep 2016, 15:32

Let me share with you my impressions in my last attempt in shandalar world with the Hall of the Sultan 2 update.I played against the microprose decks in top level.

From the new enhancements I found very helpful and convenient the auto-trigger or not feature for cards with triggers.I am so glad I asked about it and Korath made it reality. =D>
If I am not wrong Korath you made life loss not to be carried over in castles this made it more fun not so challenging on the other hand.
AI good:
I found really cool that AI was able to activate token generation in upkeep to feed his Lord of the Pit.
Also with the green I noticed a change with the deck with lots of little guys.AI made attacks even AI would loose 1 or 2 knowing that has numbers advantage.
Bad AI:
The thing that made things a lot,lot easier for me and very difficult for AI and affected very much the games in my favour is the problem AI faces when to deal with creatures with protection from that colour.If AI has creatures of the colour human's creatures are protected against AI goes absolutely nuts and suicidal with them.I reported that in bug tracker (in fact an old bug that I tested a lot more now).
See my last post for that:
tracker.php?p=4&t=626
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Few things I notice in my current run in Shandalar world

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Dec 2016, 08:24

My current pass through shandalar is with the latest Gemcutter's Guild 1 update and Rawky's deck pack.The 2 major AI problems that was making it a lot easier for human are gone.1) AI deals for and against,attacking and defending from protection from colour as well as it always did in contrast to the patch before this.2) AI handles now deathtouch a lot better both in defence and in attack.Before this update this was an ace in human's sleeve. =D>

The biggest problem/bug now is with cards that can activate or be played also at upkeep.AI is biased to activate them in upkeep, eat up it's mana without considering of course the card it would draw would be a better option or take consideration of the cards it could cast in it's hand.
One example I can think off is Stillmoon Cavalier AI will eat up all it's mana 4 black mana to boost it in upkeep and then to attack with it.AI had 3 cards at upkeep one of them a 4 mana creature it could play.AI wouldn't win the game by this attack.(yes, I couldn't block it as I had only black creatures). But what AI would usually do before this update in the same situation is this: Attack with Stillmoon Cavalier not boost it and then cast the 4 mana creature.In other cases what AI would do is boost it to the point it leaves mana to cast the more spells it can if the attack doesn't win the game(of course that is with cards in hand that AI considers valuable enough).I will test this further and report it at a point.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Shandalar