It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:51

Text Size

getting back to basics

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

getting back to basics

Postby cplsteel » 28 Oct 2016, 06:26

First, amazing work. Like many who have posted I remember this game from the good ol' days and look forward to playing it again.

However... I have failed to install the game a few times. Eventually I downloaded one of the linked .zip folders. I read through and tried to install per the instructions located in a couple threads and just had a hard time finding the right files in the right versions, perhaps it all the abbrivations and different names that through me off? Well i can play with the ziped file I obtained, sort-of.

The problem I have is one of age, mine specifically, in that I have no clue what is going on here, as many of the rules and just about all of the cards have changed. While I look forward to learning the new game (no mana burn!) I was wondering if there was a way to role back the decks to the original cards or something close. Perhaps it is even possible to selectively pull in editions and just play with them. I understand that a few files need to be changed, including the enemy decks.

Thanks for all the hard work, sorry if this question/request seems silly.
cplsteel

Re: getting back to basics

Postby stassy » 28 Oct 2016, 12:27

The latest versions supported are currently Dragon's Lair 3 or Hall of the Sultan 2 (stable and test versions)

You can select which expansion you want in your Shandalar game by editing the Shandalar.ini file which is located in the root folder under the label [Sets] and below (there is also documentations on how to use parameters there)

So, for example, if
;you wanted to play a game including only sets up to and including Ice Age,
;then these lines:
;--Ice Age=enable
;--=disable
;would work,
stassy

Re: getting back to basics

Postby cplsteel » 29 Oct 2016, 04:49

Thank you, that was a very clear answer, I am sorry I didn't find that on my own. I will give it a shot.

Edit: update- it sort of works, i recognize most of the cards I have (though it had some cards from shards of alra (sp?)... no clue why, i did limit to ice age) problem was the game froze when I fought a witch. Could be related.
cplsteel

Return to Shandalar