It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:04

Text Size

Is there a way to increase...

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Is there a way to increase...

Postby PsyintZ » 15 Dec 2016, 15:24

Hello everybody. I'm PsyintZ and I'm new to SlightlyMagic. I just wanted to introduce myself and tell my silly little story, before asking my question.

Today, I had the random & sudden urge to install Microprose's amazing MTG game, Shandalar. It has been 7 years since I have played, and I really miss it. So guess what?! Upon searching for the game itself, I stumbled upon these amazing forums! It turns out I had NO idea there were addons for Shandalar that increased the card pool, and suffice to say, I cannot begin to describe how excited I am about that! So a massive thank you to all of you who kept this game running strong over the years, and a very special thank you to those responsible for creating these addons themselves! =D>

Now, with that being said, I have a question for you guys. With all of these new toys to play with, I have already encountered an issue I've never encountered on the original game. I hit an apparent library cap of 500 cards! Nooooooooo! That's not good at all, guys! I have SO many ideas for decks to create, and far too few in-game card binders! #-o

So I'm here to ask: Is there ANY way to increase this maximum library size/cap to above 500? Perhaps an addon, or a file I can edit? If so, I would be one happy wizard! So, any help would be greatly appreciated, guys! Thank you very much in advance! [-o<

Your Fellow Magician,
PsyintZ
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Re: Is there a way to increase...

Postby PsyintZ » 25 Dec 2016, 07:17

Hey folks! Welp... I have been looking everywhere, and I haven't had any luck locating where this information is stored. I thought maybe it would be in the .ini file, but I wasn't able to find it (though it's pretty jumbled in there, and I'm not exactly sure what I would be looking for to begin with). Perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction? Or is it simply not possible to increase the size of my collection, and I'm wasting my time?

Thanks again in advance!

-PsyintZ
Check out Psy's Ultimate Power Cube and let me know what you think! (Legacy/Large/SuperPowered)
PsyintZ

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Dec 2016, 07:23

No,there isn't a way to increase the cardpool you own beyond 500 cards it is a well known issue and developer was aware of it.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby PsyintZ » 25 Dec 2016, 07:34

Ahh, darn. That's quite unfortunate. :?

But thank you for clearing that up for me, Aswan. I appreciate it. At least now I can stop searching for a way to do that, and begin trying to figure out how to cram all of the cards I need into such a tiny pool! :lol:

Cheers,
PsyintZ
PsyintZ

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Dec 2016, 08:18

Yes,I know it is very annoying, after a while you have to clear the card pool all the time.In top level at least it is very difficult for me to keep cards for 3 colour decks.I usually limit card pool to 2 colours and usually built only 2 decks to have more options and make my life easier.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Shandalar