It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:48

Text Size

Is Shandalar and Manalink mostly dead?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Is Shandalar and Manalink mostly dead?

Postby Friendsofsandwiches » 23 May 2017, 16:56

From what it looks like, there's no real updates past the Kaladesh expansion, and there's been no fixes for bugs and/or AI updates either.
All work seems to have shifted to Xmage and Forge, which is good, as those are more recent engines.
If I'm wrong, please educate me, but for the most part I think Micropose MTG seems to be put to bed. I would like to see some general fixes worked on here and there, but can understand if people just don't want to deal with it anymore.
I'm glad there were people working on it for as long as they did, From Mok and Bog Wraith,
to huggy baby, aswan jaguar and Korath and countless others who've worked on the aging system.

That they were able to update the game to include up to near current expansions is nothing short of a miracle, and if Korath had continued working on it, it sounded like he was about to crack the spell stack issue, which would have solved SO many problems.

Even if nothing more comes of this, it's still enjoyable to play around with.
The only other thing I'd like to see, besides fixing of various card issues, is each of the 'expansions' available, and even have an option to where you can access only specific sets of a given era.
But unknown if anyone wants to continue working on it, still, anything's possible. That's what got things as far as they did.
And nothing, not wizards, or disgruntled posters, or bitchy youtubers can take that away from you guys.

Thanks again.
Friendsofsandwiches

Re: Is Shandalar and Manalink mostly dead?

Postby TheKillerNacho » 24 May 2017, 13:17

Sadly, unless Korath comes back, Shandalar is dead. He was the sole developer.

Not sure about Manalink.

Still, if you find bugs make sure you report them in the Bug Tracker anyway. If Korath ever does decide to come back, he'd need to know about them to fix them.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby Gem Bazaar » 02 Jul 2017, 23:13

I think the have been dead since 1998 when Micoprose put out version 3 of their game, they put out 2 or 3 manalink updates then it looks like the company died, strange is the microprose FTP site is still up and running #-o
Gem Bazaar

Postby Gem Bazaar » 02 Jul 2017, 23:20

TheKillerNacho wrote:Sadly, unless Korath comes back, Shandalar is dead. He was the sole developer.

Not sure about Manalink.

Still, if you find bugs make sure you report them in the Bug Tracker anyway. If Korath ever does decide to come back, he'd need to know about them to fix them.
your wrong he was not the sole developer, the last one is happy to be able to play it again :)
Gem Bazaar

Postby TheKillerNacho » 17 Jul 2017, 11:13

Gem Bazaar wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:Sadly, unless Korath comes back, Shandalar is dead. He was the sole developer.

Not sure about Manalink.

your wrong he was not the sole developer, the last one is happy to be able to play it again :)
I didn't mean the original Microprose version, I meant the Shandalar mod here that added new cards to the game.
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Return to Shandalar