It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:37

Text Size

Way to figure out which cards are in shandalar

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Way to figure out which cards are in shandalar

Postby rawel » 22 Jun 2017, 13:33

Hello,
First of all let me say how incredible the work that has been done on the game is. It's a new game pretty much and absolutely fascinating. Secondly I was wondering if there was any way to figure out which cards are available in Shandalar? I understand that the ones in manalink aren't necessarily the ones in shandalar so deck builder doesn't work. I would love to know since I've been looking for some cards (such as second sunrise) that seems to be in manalink but I can't find it in shandalar. I figured the nomad bazaar would be good but it misses some cards I know are in shandalar (moxes for example).

I also don't quite know which install I have not being able to get to the latest version due to the rather awful incident that seems to have taken place sometime last year.

Thank you for any information,
Rawel

Ps.: I am reasonably capable of following instructions and have basic programming knowledge so if parsing some binary file is necessary that need not be an insurmountable issue.
rawel

Re: Way to figure out which cards are in shandalar

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jun 2017, 13:51

Run your ....\"program folder"\shandalar --deck builder
This will open the deck builder only with shandalar cards.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Korath » 22 Jun 2017, 14:08

That's shandalar --deckbuilder, with no space. (And two hyphens; it's hard to see in the default font here.)

shandalar --card-list will display a list of all cards to stdout. Also to a cardlist.txt file, in more recent versions. This option existed before the --deckbuilder one did.

If the version's recent enough - Nomad's Bazaar or later - shandalar --help will give you a list of all command-line options. Before that, only --deckbuilder and --card-list, and perhaps --show-prices, are of general interest.

There's a correspondence of (most) versions to shandalar.dll file size here.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby rawel » 22 Jun 2017, 18:55

Thank you both very much for the answers. Turns out I have the lest version going by that list. And without sounding too obsequious. Thank you so much for the work you have done Korath, it is incredible how much you and I assume others before you, have managed to do. Many kudos.
Thanks,
Rawel
rawel

Return to Shandalar