It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 07:42

Text Size

Current best shandalar version (classic and modified)

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Current best shandalar version (classic and modified)

Postby rogervn » 02 Sep 2017, 22:06

Hello, I'm new to the forums but I've been following and trying different things for a while. Right now I have only interest in Shandalar and enhancement mods, not Manalink.

The best way I've managed to get it working is to download from the Dropbox directory of CirothUngol the Manalink 1.3.2 and 3.0 versions and so far I've been able to get them both working, but I have some issues and questions.

1- The manalink 1.3.2 version have some problems. It always get muted inside battles and every now and then I get a black screen.
2- The 3.0 with the Korath prealpha thieves hideout seems to work fine, but there are so much new cards that I sometimes miss the simplicity of having only the older cards.

So, can I fix the 1.3.2 version sound bug or limit the 3.0 cards to just some of them? Is there another better version to play shandalar right now?

Thanks!
rogervn

Re: Current best shandalar version (classic and modified)

Postby TheKillerNacho » 05 Sep 2017, 10:31

There is a newer version than that, Gemcutter's Guild 1, but the download is not available at this time.

As for limit cards... if you wanted to do it yourself, I believe you can ban cards individually or by set in Shandalar.ini. Of course that would require you to decide what you want in your game and what you don't.

Cheers,
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Postby damicore » 26 Feb 2018, 05:59

TheKillerNacho wrote:There is a newer version than that, Gemcutter's Guild 1, but the download is not available at this time.

As for limit cards... if you wanted to do it yourself, I believe you can ban cards individually or by set in Shandalar.ini. Of course that would require you to decide what you want in your game and what you don't.

Cheers,
I thought the last update was dragon's lair 1 or hall of the sultan 3, though?
damicore

Postby TheKillerNacho » 09 Mar 2018, 13:21

damicore wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:There is a newer version than that, Gemcutter's Guild 1, but the download is not available at this time.

Cheers,
I thought the last update was dragon's lair 1 or hall of the sultan 3, though?
No, it was Gemcutter's Guild 1
With much cheese,
TheKillerNacho
TheKillerNacho

Return to Shandalar