It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 12:30

Text Size

Burn Deck Weakness against White

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Burn Deck Weakness against White

Postby doenerchef » 04 Apr 2018, 17:58

When using a Burn Deck (Red only, burn spells plus haste creatures), how would you deal with white showstoppers like Warmth or Circle of Protection: Red ?

Also, what cards would you recommend for Dungeons? I noticed almost all higher level AI creatures use Elixir of Immortality which I have included as well, as it allows me to recycle my burn spells very nicely... what do you think?

It's a pity that most excellent burn spells are missing from the game, e.g. Fireblast, Rift Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lava Spike, Searing Blaze, Browbeat, Bonfire of the Damned, Pyrokinesis, etc. I guess these would have been difficult to implement.
doenerchef

Re: Burn Deck Weakness against White

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Apr 2018, 06:24

doenerchef wrote:When using a Burn Deck (Red only, burn spells plus haste creatures), how would you deal with white showstoppers like Warmth or Circle of Protection: Red ?
Well I don't know which cards there are available in your version or in any shandalar but you could use Anarchy, Chaos Warp, Frenzied Fugue, Omen of Fire,
Zealous Conscripts and if you want to splash a bit of white mana Priest of Iroas or if you splash green mana Thunderscape Battlemage. From those I would use Zealous Conscripts which has also haste and seems great for your deck and Anarchy.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby doenerchef » 05 Apr 2018, 09:43

Thanks! I'll check which of those exist in my version, although I think I have the latest version (judging by the amount of buggy cards).

How would you feel about Ratchet Bomb or Nevinyrral's Disk to clear away those problematic non-creature permanents? As far as I can tell, the worst contenders are Warmth, Circle of Protection: Red, Sun Droplet and then there are some that are quite rare in enemy decks such as Moat which disable my haste creatures, but don't usually defeat me.
doenerchef

Postby doenerchef » 05 Apr 2018, 19:07

Anarchy did the trick for me. An epic card against White.
doenerchef

Return to Shandalar