It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:57

Text Size

Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO

Postby MTZ » 21 Feb 2011, 15:56

May I ask where, if still possible, I can download this version?
I've been on the torrent for over 2 days and the only peer in the swarm is another user with 0% (the fact most of those open trackers have been shut down don't help too).
I tried the direct download kindly posted by Huggybaby on the 1st page but after receiving the download link from the service clicking to download the file will lead me to an upload mask or it says "The file is no longer available. Try again later" ( :lol: ) depending on the browser used.

Any help or suggestion would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
MTZ

Postby Sonic » 21 Feb 2011, 17:32

MTZ wrote:May I ask where, if still possible, I can download this version?
I've been on the torrent for over 2 days and the only peer in the swarm is another user with 0% (the fact most of those open trackers have been shut down don't help too).
I tried the direct download kindly posted by Huggybaby on the 1st page but after receiving the download link from the service clicking to download the file will lead me to an upload mask or it says "The file is no longer available. Try again later" ( :lol: ) depending on the browser used.

Any help or suggestion would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
No idea what's going on there. I've just downloaded the torrent file from the MediaFire link in the first post. Loaded it into Free Download Manager, and am currently connected to 67 peers/27 connected seeds - estimated download time 14mins at 760KB/s.
:-s
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby chillmccool » 04 Apr 2011, 18:22

I extracted all the files but can't find the setup.exe. I have the magictg in my program files, but when I try to run shandalar it says my computer is missing drawdecklib.dll. I have older shandalar and took the file and put into c\programfile\magictg, but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
chillmccool

Re: Land Bug

Postby Bogus8 » 13 Apr 2011, 23:25

STARPOWER wrote:Im running the MTG ISO on Win7 in XP SP3 compatibility. I have the torrent file. When i try to play a fetch land (say flooded strand) the game freezes...like its thinking but doesnt ever stop. Ive read a couple threads on this forum about the same problem but have not seen an answer...any suggestions?

Also...is there anyway to booster draft on this thing?
I'm having the same experience... only happens about 5% of the games but can still be frustrating when you are about to be defeated and you feel like the tide has turned and you are on your way back to winning.
Bogus8

Postby ielliott » 06 May 2011, 00:37

The Torrents appear to be broken (says they've been deleted or aren't posted)

Is there anywhere else to download this ISO?
ielliott

Postby Huggybaby » 07 May 2011, 23:01

Both the MF and TPB links are working...
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Pandahar » 23 May 2011, 06:07

Hey Huggybaby, I just downloaded the torrent and set it up on Win 7 64bit.
I wanna thank everyone who worked on this project.

Just a couple questions, I'm new to magic and played the the new DoTP on PC and was really put off by the fact there was no deck cuztomization.

Compared to the original Microprose Magic/Original DoTP/Spells of the Ancients, in areas besides installation/compatability issues, how is this custom 2010 iso different? Are there more cards (from newer sets)?

I'm interested in playing with the old school early set of cards.
Pandahar

Postby Huggybaby » 23 May 2011, 12:10

Hey Pandahar, I'm glad you're enjoying the 2010 ISO. The ISO=original Microprose Magic/Original DoTP/Spells of the Ancients. The cards between the two are exactly the same but we did improve some art and fix some errors. If you want to play with different cards, head over to the Manalink 2.0 forum, that's where the newer modified versions are with all the new cards.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 25 May 2011, 05:41

The CCGHQ Custom ISO not only looks just like the original Microprose Duels of the Planeswalkers with extra artwork and better fonts, but it also contains twice as many cards! I was recently loading the original Microprose CDs on my new install of VMWare/Win95b, and DeckBuilder yielded these card counts:
Code: Select all
MTG v1.0       - 404
MTG v2.0 SotA  - 548
MTG v3.0 DotP  - 631
Manalink 1.3.2 - 647
Manalink 2.0   - 950
CCGHQ 2010 ISO - 1383
The installer is professional, snazzy, and completely compatible with Windows 7... Huggy is way too modest about this wonderful edition of our favorite software. ^_^
Also, be sure to grab the latest update and PlayDeck collections for it right here in the Shadalar Forum
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Adacc » 05 Jul 2011, 03:45

Holy Crap I want to play this so bad! This is great what you guys have done! But sadly, I can't seem to find the correct files to download. All the links I clicked on led me to dead ends where files used to be. Can someone please help out this noob?
Adacc

Postby Random MTG Player » 05 Jul 2011, 05:47

I'm running this on a Toshiba laptop with w7. Everything runs great except when i play 8th ed, in a sealed or duel match, anytime i try to fetch a land using an artifact or actual fetchland the game freezes, the hourglass appears next to the pointer and that's it, until i force close. I read a few posts talking about similar problems, like with the fetchlands, but didn't see a fix. I read all readme's, installed everything correctly and replaced new card art. Can anyone can direct me to a solution?
Random MTG Player

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Jul 2011, 07:53

Adacc wrote:Holy Crap I want to play this so bad! This is great what you guys have done! But sadly, I can't seem to find the correct files to download. All the links I clicked on led me to dead ends where files used to be. Can someone please help out this noob?
I am now downloading from pirate just fine.This is a torrent file so you should have utorrent or similar to download it.If you got confused from the download page the link is the "magnet" one.
After you download maybe you would like to try what Sonic suggested,see the troubleshooting thread.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Adacc » 06 Jul 2011, 02:11

Aswan jaguar wrote:
Adacc wrote:Holy Crap I want to play this so bad! This is great what you guys have done! But sadly, I can't seem to find the correct files to download. All the links I clicked on led me to dead ends where files used to be. Can someone please help out this noob?
I am now downloading from pirate just fine.This is a torrent file so you should have utorrent or similar to download it.If you got confused from the download page the link is the "magnet" one.
After you download maybe you would like to try what Sonic suggested,see the troubleshooting thread.
Which link?
Adacc

Postby Huggybaby » 06 Jul 2011, 02:15

Where it says Torrent Download in the first post of this thread.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Adacc » 06 Jul 2011, 15:58

iirc, that is the one that I tried. Do I need something else to make it work?
Adacc

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar