It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:00

Text Size

Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO

Postby stassy » 31 Aug 2010, 09:46

If I remember well you need to select the card and press "enter" or "y".
stassy

Postby NoNe666 » 31 Aug 2010, 20:52

no you cant take it like that. i tried press every button on keybord and still nothing
NoNe666

Postby NoNe666 » 31 Aug 2010, 21:00

After reinstaling same problem...Game sucks if you cant take this cards...
NoNe666

Postby stassy » 01 Sep 2010, 11:06

Did you try to double click on the selected card?
stassy

Postby Sonic » 02 Sep 2010, 01:06

NoNe666 wrote:How you can take card with amulets? every time when they offer me to do it i cant take it. i can select card and when i press done i dont get it...you suck without those cards...pls assist
In the 'Trade for Amulet' screen, select the card you want to trade for, and then click on the card itself.

A question below the card will appear saying something like:

"I'll trade you 1 'whatever card' for X colored amulets.
Do you wish to trade?"

Below this there will be two answers:

"Yes, I'll trade."
"No Thanks."

Click on "Yes, I'll trade.", and the question and answers will disappear.

Exit the Trade screen by clicking 'Done', and go to 'Edit deck/Sell cards' screen to see if the card has been left in the card pool at the bottom of the screen.

Works for me. :)
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby qet » 05 Sep 2010, 12:31

I'm getting an error with this guys, can't get it to run

any ideas?

thx
qet

Postby terrantado » 11 Sep 2010, 20:39

Guys i have a question about new cards. I'm trying rebuild the UG madness deck but couldn't find wild mongrel. I saw one card named fissure but the art was the same with wild mongrel except its red? Also i noticed apprentice wizard having a call of the herd art but blue. I just downloaded the update cardartnew and overwritten the present one. I'm not sure what i missed or something i did wrong.
terrantado

Postby Sonic » 11 Sep 2010, 21:33

terrantado wrote:Guys i have a question about new cards. I'm trying rebuild the UG madness deck but couldn't find wild mongrel. I saw one card named fissure but the art was the same with wild mongrel except its red? Also i noticed apprentice wizard having a call of the herd art but blue. I just downloaded the update cardartnew and overwritten the present one. I'm not sure what i missed or something i did wrong.
Sounds like you haven't downloaded and installed the correct update - posted in the first post. If you install any other update than this one it will corrupt the game. :(

http://www.mediafire.com/?vzmmbq3cijz -or-
http://rapidshare.com/files/398028313/C ... 061110.zip
Sonic
Apprentice

Land Bug

Postby STARPOWER » 14 Sep 2010, 22:21

Im running the MTG ISO on Win7 in XP SP3 compatibility. I have the torrent file. When i try to play a fetch land (say flooded strand) the game freezes...like its thinking but doesnt ever stop. Ive read a couple threads on this forum about the same problem but have not seen an answer...any suggestions?

Also...is there anyway to booster draft on this thing?
STARPOWER

Postby Huggybaby » 14 Sep 2010, 23:20

Answering in reverse order:
If booster drafting wasn't in the original game then it won't be in this one so check the manalink forum for that.

The ISO version doesn't need to be run in any compatibility mode, did you have trouble?

I don't know. For that kind of help it's best to look in the manalink forum.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Update! Septermber 14, 2010

Postby Huggybaby » 16 Sep 2010, 03:54

Today Sonic continues in his relentless pursuit of perfection with another update to the ISO. But this time we get even more than our much loved picture refresh. This time we get new exe's! Replacement Magic.exe and Shandalar.exe programs, to be exact.

Here's why new exe's were needed. (It's technical.)
| Open
To resolve an issue with cards which have their Creature Type encoded within the programs themselves, such as the Zombie, Goblin, Merfolk, Dwarf, Efreet, Djinn, Rat, Elephant, and Mammoth. It seems some of the creature cards of these types would not gain PowerUp and Landwalk abilities even though their Manalink.csv file entries were found to be correct. Setting their Creature Types within the actual programs seems to have resolved this.
Thanks to NoobWizard for coming up with the fix for this. This is good stuff!

Next, all the cards images have been re-encoded to a slightly higher JPEG quality setting. This has been done in order to remove the blocky pixelation with some of the card artwork in the Shandalar buy/sell and deck builder screens. This was not easy because the problem is intermittent.

BEFORE (Worst Case):
AFTER:
The problem only affects Shandalar and the new encoding has no noticeable affect on the Duel Games. Thanks to KING-TYPO for reporting on and and testing this. If anyone has heard from him since his hard drive blew up let us know.

And on to the pics: This update includes some new artwork for the cards, and this includes pre-release and rewards artwork for:

More: Also included is alternative token artwork for:
    Goblin
    Faerie Rogue
    Elf Warrior
    Kithkin Soldier
    5/5 Dragon

Plus, the latest artwork from M11 for:

Juggernaut...
...and Mana Leak

And now, the link:
CCGHQ Microprose DOTP Custom ISO CardArtNew 091410.zip (71.33 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?krz99qi99wie74q

Thanks to NoobWizard, KING-TYPO and again to Sonic for the hard work, and attention to detail, put into this CCGHQ quality update.

PS And thanks to kevlahnotafor the formatting tags I stole to format sections of this post.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Asta666 » 06 Oct 2010, 13:26

hey guys!!! this is great, but i have a bug :( sometimes in Shandalar when i enter a city none of the menus pop up, just the background image of the city is shown, and music and sounds can be heard but i cant exit or do anything, just have to alf+f4 and load again, after a few tries sometimes it gets fixed but sometimes it doesn't :S any ideas why this happens or what can be done to solve it?? Thanks!!!
Asta666

Postby Ify » 06 Oct 2010, 20:00

Installed fine and played a couple games so far on Vista x64, no problems perceived.

Thanks for the hard work on a classic game.
Ify

Postby Sonic » 07 Oct 2010, 00:42

Asta666 wrote:hey guys!!! this is great, but i have a bug :( sometimes in Shandalar when i enter a city none of the menus pop up, just the background image of the city is shown, and music and sounds can be heard but i cant exit or do anything, just have to alf+f4 and load again, after a few tries sometimes it gets fixed but sometimes it doesn't :S any ideas why this happens or what can be done to solve it?? Thanks!!!
Hi Asta666
Need a bit more info.
What OS are you using? Have you installed the latest update? Is the game installed in the correct folder - C:\Program Files\’ or ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\’ if using Windows7 x64)?
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Asta666 » 08 Oct 2010, 00:52

Sonic wrote:
Asta666 wrote:hey guys!!! this is great, but i have a bug :( sometimes in Shandalar when i enter a city none of the menus pop up, just the background image of the city is shown, and music and sounds can be heard but i cant exit or do anything, just have to alf+f4 and load again, after a few tries sometimes it gets fixed but sometimes it doesn't :S any ideas why this happens or what can be done to solve it?? Thanks!!!
Hi Asta666
Need a bit more info.
What OS are you using? Have you installed the latest update? Is the game installed in the correct folder - C:\Program Files\’ or ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\’ if using Windows7 x64)?
Thanks for your reply! I'm using XP SP3 and default ISO version, i didn't install any updates (where can i find them?). I installed to C:\MagicTG, i don't remember exactly where but i think i read something about long directory routes could cause issues...
Asta666

PreviousNext

Return to Shandalar