It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:09

Text Size

Help Building a "Braid of Fire" Deck

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Help Building a "Braid of Fire" Deck

Postby doenerchef » 12 Jul 2019, 15:17

Hey guys... I think this card is so uniquely weird, that I would like to build a deck around it. There are two main reasons for me to post this thread here and not elsewhere:
1) A bunch of cards that would work well in a combo do not exist in my version of Shandalar
2) Shandalars mechanics and AI shortcoming limit options, while also giving additional options elsewhere

So, obviously a deck making use of Braid of Fire should be relatively heavy on Instants and cards with Flash as well as permanents with mana activated abilities. There is one deck in my version of the game (that someone added to this version) used by the AI (I think it is either Hydra or Dracur) that uses this card. The Deck in question uses Hydras to this effect, because they can be pumped with the mana only available during upkeep. It is a pretty weak deck, though, at least by comparison to the powerful decks this person had modded into this version of the game.

At the moment I am using Bogardan Hellkite (because it has Flash), Lightning Bolt (is there any reason not to have it in a red deck?), Volcanic Geyser (to use all available mana during upkeep) and some other cards I am not very happy with, namely Dualcaster Mage (who rarely adds more damage to the mix than just using the 3 mana on the original spell), Dangerous Wager (which I never use, because my Hand just never ends up empty), Gauntlet of Might (which is just too expensive/slow without access to upkeep mana).

What deck composition would you propose?
doenerchef

Return to Shandalar