It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:06

Text Size

Shandalar Land Tax Game Mechanic

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar Land Tax Game Mechanic

Postby Coverfire » 02 Oct 2019, 03:48

Hi there,

I have just today found this forum so please forgive me if this has been addressed before but I have noticed in all versions of Shandalar, be it the original or the 2012 revisit that I have just been playing with for the past half hour, that the Land Tax game mechanic does not seem to work. Now I am not to proud to say perhaps I am getting it wrong but I was wondering if there is a fix about for it.

Stoked to see the game is still getting some love.

Coverfire.
Coverfire

Re: Shandalar Land Tax Game Mechanic

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Oct 2019, 06:38

It never triggers gets highlighted yellow so you can click on it? or you just don't have put a stop on upkeep so the step passes automatically without letting you use the card?
I always have a stop on upkeep but if I remember correctly if you don't have one game only stops there if there is a mandatory trigger not an optional one like Land Tax should have.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Coverfire » 02 Oct 2019, 07:44

Aswan jaguar wrote:It never triggers gets highlighted yellow so you can click on it? or you just don't have put a stop on upkeep so the step passes automatically without letting you use the card?
I always have a stop on upkeep but if I remember correctly if you don't have one game only stops there if there is a mandatory trigger not an optional one like Land Tax should have.
Land Tax neither highlights yellow during upkeep nor does the game automatically stop during the upkeep to allow you to play activate Land Tax. Can you manually stop the upkeep phase? Unfortunately I restarted my game so I will have to get Land Tax back again to test any suggestions.

Coverfire.
Coverfire

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Oct 2019, 11:55

Coverfire wrote:Can you manually stop the upkeep phase?
Yes, you can put a stop to every phase if you wish to. Right click to the one you want to put a stop on it and choose that.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Clockwork Gnome » 08 Oct 2019, 16:56

Keep in mind that the same procedure also applies to things like untapping Brass Man and Old Man of the Sea. It's particularly annoying in Old Man's case as he won't automatically untap even if he isn't stealing a creature.
Clockwork Gnome

Return to Shandalar