It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:48

Text Size

How to setup original Shandalar?

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

How to setup original Shandalar?

Postby Sanrasaa » 09 Jan 2022, 10:09

Hey guys,

I downloaded and installed just as written at "Microprose Magic the Gathering 2010 Custom Installer ISO". It even runns absolutly fine.

Since i'm not interested in playing online but playing shandalar only, i thought i give it a try.
sadly many cardimages was not the correct ones but newer versions. After that i decided to overwrite the "CardArtNew" files with the images from the "Fixed CardArtNew" folder. Now many cards are corrected but also other cards have absolutly random artworks of cards released much later (my Aladdin's Ring has the Ulasht, the Hate Seed artwork for example).

Can somebody help me? My only goal is a running Shandalar using the original cards the game had back then using the original old school artworks. Best case i get a cardpool from alpha to the dark and original artworks... thats everything i need.
But even without any added cards i would love to play the game just with original artworks and cards and nothing more.

Bould be great! Thanks!
Sanrasaa

Re: How to setup original Shandalar?

Postby Sanrasaa » 12 Oct 2023, 09:20

Still up to date.
Can't anybody tell me what's wrong with the "Fixed CardArtNew" folder and where i can get the correct artworks instead?

Thanks for any help
Sanrasaa

Re: How to setup original Shandalar?

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Oct 2023, 14:40

There are more than 1 image for some cards.
The following if I am not wrong doesn't change the images of adventure part, (which still shows original artwork) only duels, gauntlet and sealed, still you can try if it works for adventure part, too.
All images you want are probably still on CardArtNew file, so you have to open it and delete all the images with more than one artwork you don't want the game to show, then rename the one you want to show in game with only its number (and erase the letter at the end)if that is not the case for the image you want to keep.

example. Lets say Air Elemental the card art of alpha set, is set to be shown in game as a fourth option and is named 0000C.JPG, so you have to delete images 0000.JPG, 0000A.JPG and 0000B.JPG, and rename/save image 0000C.JPG as 0000.JPG.
You have to do the above for all cards with more than one image.
Then you have onetime only to open Manalik.csv with and edit the column "num pics" so all cells in that column are set to 1 ( and save it ) so it displays only the first image of all cards it finds on CardArtNew file.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Shandalar