It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:33

Text Size

Configuring Shandalar.ini

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Configuring Shandalar.ini

Postby Thaseus » 27 May 2022, 15:34

I'm trying to disable sets past certain point and I think I know how to config that, but for some reason nothing changes with the game. Here's an excerpt from my shandalar.ini file (mainly the Sets-section's very end):

;The disposition of individual cards can also be set in the [Enable], [Nosale],
;[Nochoose], [Disable], and [DungeonTreasure] sections. Each of those sections
;takes precedence over the set-based rules listed in this section.
--Weatherlight=enable
--=disable

I save this, start a new game, but still my initial deck has a bunch of cards from modern sets (and no, they are not reprints). It seems that either my changes don't work or the game is not reading the file. I feel like I'm clearly doing something wrong here and there's a very simple solution to it, can anyone advise me here?

Also as a bonus question, the Magic.exe has a "World"-section which has two buttons, the other one being "Magic Custom" and reads "Switch to the custom version with the cards of your choice". When I click it, nothing happens. Does anyone know what's it for or how to use it?
Thaseus

Re: Configuring Shandalar.ini

Postby Aswan jaguar » 27 May 2022, 15:46

Thaseus wrote:Also as a bonus question, the Magic.exe has a "World"-section which has two buttons, the other one being "Magic Custom" and reads "Switch to the custom version with the cards of your choice". When I click it, nothing happens. Does anyone know what's it for or how to use it?
Both are relics of the past when we had a limit of 2000 cards to use per magic.exe. We just didn't change them to anything useful yet. And those worked only for non shandalar = adventure part.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Shandalar