It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:48

Text Size

Looking for MtG: Shandalar info

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Looking for MtG: Shandalar info

Postby EnsignGarak » 03 Dec 2022, 20:10

Hello everyone. I hope that this forum still gets some activity, as it seems to go quite a while with little activity. But, I'm hoping that folks can help me out.

After reading a recently-published article about Shandalar (on belloflostsouls) -- and refreshing my very fond memories of playing this game back in the day -- I want to try and get it installed on my Windows 10 computer.

I watched a referenced video (Look for v=XMr88LSZk7k on You Tube - I'm not allowed to post links as a new user), and used the link on that video page to download a file named magic.7z. Just to be on the safe side, I used Kaspersky to scan the file after downloading it, and it was reported that the file contained no viruses (NOTE: I am not guaranteeing this for anyone else, because as is always the case, YMMV).

That's as far as I have gotten. The previously-referenced video shows a spreadsheet of hex codes for various MtG cards that can be injected into one of the game's Save files, but I am not finding the actual spreadsheet linked anywhere. I may attempt to manually type the link to see if I can get to the Google spreadsheet, but I have not attempted it yet.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has installed this game recently using the magic.7z file, as I would like to hear your experience with it from this point forward.

Thank you!
EnsignGarak

Re: Looking for MtG: Shandalar info

Postby EnsignGarak » 03 Dec 2022, 20:42

Well, now I'm confused. I'm also seeing a version on AbandonwareDOS-dot-com that is "Version 1.3.2 with ManaLink." That appears to be the version that has been updated with more recent cards.

Can anyone help to point this new user in the right direction?
EnsignGarak

Postby EnsignGarak » 04 Dec 2022, 04:10

The page slightlymagic-dot-net-slash-wiki-slash-Shandalar appears to not be working. Can someone from the site link it back up, please?
EnsignGarak

Postby Enzi » 06 Dec 2022, 07:29

Hello EnsignGarak, you wrote so many things, but I still don't understand what the problem is you want to be solved.
I downloaded the Magic.7z archive too and it looks fine.
So have you extracted it on your disk and executed Shandalar.exe? If it didn't work it could have a problem running on Windows 10, but I think this version should run on it.

Or are you confused because you think you have to "hack" the game first to include the new cards? That's not necessary it already has all new cards.
The video just shows how to cheat on the game by adding powerful cards to your starting deck via savefile editing.
Enzi

Return to Shandalar