It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:33

Text Size

Shandalar Deck Injector

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shandalar Deck Injector

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 12 Jul 2012, 08:28

It's just Ryan, not Ryanfae ;) (fae = from in Scottish)

Full reply later.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Postby gmzombie » 13 Jul 2012, 03:46

i believe one thing Mok did before he left again was to make shandalar run with the new pics so you should have to use the old pic format persay. just change the .bmp to .pic on the files you want to change. and of course find the newer shandalar from mok.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 13 Jul 2012, 07:07

CirothUngol wrote:...Assuming that Ryanfae doesn't incorporate all of these goodies into his Deck Injector...
It was going that way slowly but I doubt I'll get it done in any reasonable time frame.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Postby CirothUngol » 13 Jul 2012, 12:55

No hurries. Any timeframe is reasonable, Shandalar isn't going anywhere. ^_^
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 01 Aug 2012, 20:57

Updated with default directory support.

As usual it needs a tidy up to make it a little more intuitive but basically first time you run the new version it will check for and fail to find a settings.cfg file in the same directory, it'll then make one when you open a save game (not a deck). It will the automatically set your default deck folder to [the dir you opened]\Playdeck. These will be written to file and next time if runs it will read them first and open at those folders for you. Might add in default deck / save to open as well later to save even having to open them but that's for another day.

Update is here as always http://mybrillgamesite.com/projects/sdi.php let me know if anything doesn't work.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Postby CirothUngol » 03 Aug 2012, 03:48

Thanx for the update!
Relative Paths seem to work just fine in the new .CFG file; it's a great addition to your app. The inclusion of Amulets is also really nice (no more whippin' out the HexEditor for White Amulets).

Looks good so far, I'll let you know if I find something amiss.
RyanfaeScotland wrote:It's just Ryan, not Ryanfae (fae = from in Scottish)
Ah... it's appalling how little Gaelic we know here in the States (I still think Ryanfae has a nice ring to it ^_^).
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 22 Aug 2013, 08:02

Just realised the link on the first post has been dead for about a year. Updated it to http://www.mybrillgamesite.com/projects/?id=93.

Hope all are well here.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Postby W01derdog » 07 Jan 2014, 09:01

Aurasan wrote:OK so.. downloaded this from your brill site, total cluster for me.
I'm running Vista (I know I know), 32 bit on a Compaq Presario CQ-60.. and I get nothing but errors everywhere when I try to use this.
For one the only decks I seem to be able to find to open are the ones already made (no making my own decks apparently).. editing a pre-made deck doesn't work as I can't open them anyway, only have one save file MAGIC3.SVE and when I open that it doesn't correspond to any of the decks I have in any of my 3 save files.
Specifics:
When I try to open a pre-made deck (as I mentioned ones I make dont seem to even show up, and I sure cant search for 'em with windows as I cant even search for the ones that do show up) I get the following error:
Array out of bounds error.
This is most likely caused by comments in the deck file, remove them and it should work.
I hit "ok"
a box pops up that says error in the title bar but has no message for me, just a stopsign with an X in it.
I hit OK.
Up top where it says Duel Deck I can see the name of the deck I've tried to open but the card list is missing.
OK so I went to go and edit the deck to remove all comments and whatnot.. niet, no luck. Still gives me the same error.
So I figure I'll try opening one from the "decks" folder.. which I get it, I'm not supposed to do, but what the heck.. maybe my custom decks are getting saved here? Nope. I get the error:
java.io.EOFException
"ok"
the blank-erroe-message-red-stopsign-X box makes another appearance.
"ok"
same thing as before.. "Duel Deck: 0141.dck"
Should I have a duel decks folder?

Gah sorry for the essay here.
Okay. Running windows 8 and I had the same issue. I couldn't find the custom decks files nor my save game files through file explorer but the game was loading them fine. Running magic in compatibility mode fixed the issue but you have to always run in compatibility mode.
W01derdog

Postby BlueTemplar » 18 Oct 2015, 17:18

When trying to open in this a save game from Korath's "Shandalar 2015" (Thieves' Hideout 2), (the "Open Shandalar" button) I get the following errors :
Code: Select all
Error whilst grouping cards in gameDeck class.
e.getMessage():null
then
Error whilst opening Shandalar save in tabbedGui class.
P.S.: I supposed this is due to the binary hacking allowing more than 2k cards in Shandalar so that the cards are not at the place the Deck Injector is expecting them?
BlueTemplar

Postby stassy » 20 Oct 2015, 04:51

In that case, the only way is to use the SVE tool to insert card into your card pool, it's less efficient but better than buying manually all the needed card ingame.
stassy

Postby RyanfaeScotland » 20 Oct 2015, 11:43

BlueTemplar wrote:When trying to open in this a save game from Korath's "Shandalar 2015" (Thieves' Hideout 2), (the "Open Shandalar" button) I get the following errors :
Error whilst grouping cards in gameDeck class.
then
Error whilst opening Shandalar save in tabbedGui class.
P.S.: I supposed this is due to the binary hacking allowing more than 2k cards in Shandalar so that the cards are not at the place the Deck Injector is expecting them?
Sounds about right.

As stassy said use CirothUngol's tool instead, SDI is dead, long live SVE.
RyanfaeScotland
Programmer

Previous

Return to Shandalar