It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 15:53

Text Size

Quest problems

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Quest problems

Postby Moonie71 » 02 Sep 2011, 15:44

Hello,

Whenever completing a quests, the reward does not show up on the screen. For example, I was doing a quest that required me to defeat a Merfolk Shaman with a reward of "Any Enchantment". Upon defeating the Shaman and returning to the correct town, the window pops up and reads: "The people are glad to be rid of the pesky Merfolk Shaman. You are rewarded with" and the correct reward is missing. If it hit any key or button, the popup is gone and im at the city screen.

This also happens when I wander into a location such as a graveyard, sunken ship, etc. and there is a reward or if it asks if I want to trade. The reward flashes so fast I cant see it, and if its a question of whether I want to trade amulets for cards, it also flashes so fast I dont get to see it. I have to figure it out in the trade window that pops up next by clicking on cards to see what the cost is.

I downloaded and installed the 2 part rar files that were named Microprose MTG Mok's Manalink 2.0 (parts 1 and 2). Everything else seems to be working fine. :)

So happy to find this game and be able to play it again. I am getting used to the new cards, I only played the original when it came out and stopped playing Magic the card game at The Dark expansion.

Any help with the above problem(s) would be greatly appreciated.
Moonie71

Re: Quest problems

Postby jiansonz » 27 Sep 2011, 08:50

I have tried both versions of the game. I definitely prefer the 2010 .iso-version over Mok´s version. It seems less buggy and better at displaying text (but that could be specific to my computer - you never know).
jiansonz

Return to Shandalar