It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:59

Text Size

Shandalar Bugs

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar Bugs

Postby Moonie71 » 08 Sep 2011, 20:10

Hello,

After playing for a week or two, ive noticed a few bugs that persist each time I play.

1. I am playing a 42 card all white deck with only 1 artifact and 14 lands in it. The setting is on the one just below hardest (think its Sorcerer) Since I started this particular game, a chaoslace kept showing up in my draws. I dont even own a chaoslace. I have sold off all cards except white ones, so I dont even own any other color. Not sure why a chaoslace keeps showing up.

2. In the all white deck, I just added a Leonin Skyhunter. In the very next battle, even tho I dont own one, a Blue Ward shows up. The picture on the card is the exact same picture that is shown on the Leonin Skyhunter card when I mouse over it at the deck builder screen.

I dont think I am under the minimum deck size at 42, am I? I read somewhere that 40 is the minimum on the hardest setting, so I should be ok in that regards.
Moonie71

Re: Shandalar Bugs

Postby Moonie71 » 08 Sep 2011, 20:34

I just realized the Chaoslace is showing the picture from the Silver Knight card I have in my deck.

Im guessing since both the Silver Knight and the Leonin Skyhunter are new additions to the old game, something in the coding isnt switching the cards over correctly and the game is thinking they are Chaoslace and Blue Ward instead.
Moonie71

Postby Sonic » 09 Sep 2011, 02:24

Moonie71 wrote:I just realized the Chaoslace is showing the picture from the Silver Knight card I have in my deck.

Im guessing since both the Silver Knight and the Leonin Skyhunter are new additions to the old game, something in the coding isnt switching the cards over correctly and the game is thinking they are Chaoslace and Blue Ward instead.
I'm guessing you have a corrupt install.

All the card artwork is correct if you've installed the ISO and the latest update correctly.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=5043

The latest update for the ISO has 2583 images in the CardArt folder if you have the 'Card Art Update' installed, or 1621 if you have the 'Original Card Art' update installed. Any other number of images in the folder, or incorrectly showing artwork, and you've got the wrong update installed.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Moonie71 » 09 Sep 2011, 22:49

Sigh. I went to that link. Clicked on the link at the bottom of the post it redirected me to. Then downloaded and extracted the files into the folder the README said to send them to. Now when I try to start up the game, I get the "ManalinkEx.dll is missing from your computer" error. I knew I should have just kept playing without messing with anything else. :(
Moonie71

Postby Sonic » 09 Sep 2011, 23:35

OK - It's fairly obvious you have a messed up install. If the Magic.exe in the update is looking for the ManalinkEx.dll, then you are using Mok's original version of the game - and not the ISO.
As it says in the ISO update instructions, files are not interchangeable between game versions - if you mix them up, it will corrupt your install of the game. :(

I suggest you remove your current install, and either download and install Mok's Original game:

Microprose MTG Mok's Manalink 2.0 Version.part1.rar (92.77 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dnguzumjmnm -or-
http://rapidshare.com/files/246800006/M ... .part1.rar

Microprose MTG Mok's Manalink 2.0 Version.part2.rar (91.76 MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jzmoel4hjam -or-
http://rapidshare.com/files/246813917/M ... .part2.rar

Or

Download and install the ISO

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=2349

The ISO is more stable and has better Windows compatibility - and is generally regarded as the definitive version of the original game including the Shandalar section.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Moonie71 » 10 Sep 2011, 03:49

Is there a way to save my current game in progress to resume playing it after a reinstall?
Moonie71

Postby Sonic » 11 Sep 2011, 02:45

To be honest, if you’ve been running a corrupted install I wouldn’t really recommend using the game save files in a fresh install - there’s no way of telling if they would cause further problems.

However, if you really desperate to recover your current game - copy the following files from your current installation folder and paste them back into the new folder after the fresh install.

MAGIC3.SVE
MAGIC3.map
MAGIC3.fce
MAGIC4.SVE
MAGIC4.map
MAGIC4.fce
Savedescs
FaceMostRecent.txt
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Moonie71 » 11 Sep 2011, 23:06

Thank you for all of your help Sonic.
Moonie71

Postby Sonic » 14 Sep 2011, 01:35

Moonie71 wrote:Thank you for all of your help Sonic.
No problem. :)
Sonic
Apprentice

Return to Shandalar