It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:25

Text Size

Shandalar enemy decks overhaul

MicroProse's Shandalar Campaign Game, now with new cards & a new look!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Shandalar enemy decks overhaul

Postby Thesaguy » 09 Nov 2015, 21:38

rodil wrote:Hi, I've made a full set of enemy decks. I'm finally happy with the results after a lot of testing. Balance is impossible so I just tried to make the decks interesting and attack from a lot of different angles. Some of the decks the computer is BAD with(stupid computer).

There may be some broken cards, I used Thieves Hideout 1 August 3rd card set. I know for sure the smoke bug will effect the Centaur Warcheif deck and sometimes the elf deck crashes, haven't figured out why.

Here are the rules I used to make the decks:

I also wanted to shout out a thanks to the rest of you who are making and posting decks as they are interesting, fun and great to steal ideas from. :)

If anybody can figure out a decklist for the computer use turbofog correctly(not casting fog on their turn) I would love to see it.

Sorry for not listing out all the decks. I want to get back to playing. :D
Hey Rodil,
I was wondering if you had any updates on your decks.
I see this one is for Thieves Hideout 1.

Do you possibly have anything for TH3?

Thanks.
Thesaguy

Postby doenerchef » 09 Oct 2016, 21:31

Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the enemy decks. Wow, have they improved. I really like how competitive the AI has become.

There is one deck I absolutely hate and that is Prismat's. I find it unbelievable difficulty to win against. In my first game I came up against it with my burn deck - to no avail, I lost between 2 and 3 out of every 4 games, because he generated tons of lives and X-damaged me to oblivion. Then with my Sliver deck it was even worse. I guess the most viable option is to play as few creatures as possible and to keep attacking him, slowly wearing him down and letting him waste his global removal spells (of which he has plenty). Complete pain in the ass to play against ;)
doenerchef

Postby lujo » 10 Oct 2016, 06:47

Which Prismat / deck pack are you using?
---

My Shandalar deck pack folder is avaliable here:Dropbox
Leave feedback on particular decks here: Google doc
Ask for instructions, give feedback and complaints here: Thread
lujo

Postby doenerchef » 10 Oct 2016, 07:44

Oh mhmm, I just installed the the latest Shandalar 2012 package and the latest stable update (I believe that is DL3)... oops, is this thread meant to discuss additional updates to the AI decks?
doenerchef

Postby GreenGimp » 04 Jun 2017, 01:33

Whats the most updated shandalar patch?
I have thieves hide out and ruined tower 4. but can't get the deck packs to work.
GreenGimp

Postby doenerchef » 31 Oct 2018, 18:50

I have a question and I think this might be the right place to ask it.

I have two different versions of the now unavailable mod with loads of additional cards added. One version has all the cool new features (e.g. modern style mulligans) and the possibility to set triggered effects to always fire, etc., the other version seems to have only basic features, but nearly the same amount of cards.
My problem is, that the more recent version seems to have the AI decks altered by someone and I really hate them. They are really powerful and duels against even minor enemies like the ones with 14 lives are nearly impossible to win in the early stages of the game.
How do I use the AI decks from one version of the game in the other version?
doenerchef

Postby Korath » 31 Oct 2018, 19:34

Replace the *.dck files in your decks/ directory.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Emphyrio » 21 Jun 2021, 23:14

Anyone could let me know in which file I can find the number assosciated to a card? I want to modify the decks and create new ones, including cards that are in the game but in none of the decks.
For cards that are in the decks I can search the decks till I find them, for instance : .394 for "Ali Baba". But no idea in which file I can find all of them (It'd be faster to create decks, even if it requires searching with hexedit).

Edit : nm I found it sorry, it's in cards1.dat if anyone else needs. Edit 2: manalink.csv much better.
Emphyrio

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Jun 2021, 07:10

Emphyrio wrote:I want to modify the decks and create new ones, including cards that are in the game but in none of the decks.
For cards that are in the decks I can search the decks till I find them, for instance. Edit 2: manalink.csv much better.
Another way is to use command prompt and type: ....\shandalar.exe --deckbuilder to open shandalar's deck editor with only cards in shandalar and make your decks as normal. They are saved at PlayDeck folder like usual and then substitute them with the ones in deck folder.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Emphyrio » 21 Mar 2022, 08:40

Ah thanks a lot, much simpler than editing manually. I had tried using the manalink deck editor but I was annoyed by not knowing which cards existed in the shandalar game. This fixed that problem ;). Will only have to edit sideboards manually now :).
Emphyrio

Postby GeoSantista » 12 Mar 2024, 01:36

Made my own "version" of this game, up to Alliances, and posted it on r/Shandalar. I pretty much used the decks suggested by Jiansonz, but added cards from Fallen Empires, Ice Age, Homelands and Alliances to the world, and explained the decisions behind each deck.

I also shared my "ini" folder and enemy decks folder there - can't post links here because I'm a new user here.
GeoSantista

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Apr 2024, 18:42

You can post links soon, or send me a PM, thanks.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Previous

Return to Shandalar